[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

Sorry if this has been asked but is there a way to create multiple tiles and have them appear that they are the same tile?

For instance, I created a tile for my powerstrip that shows device name, status (on/off), and energy use. Unfortunately I can only get several to fit within the 1024 character limit.

If I could create a tile for each outlet and make them appear to be within one tile that would be great..

TIA

Short answer... nope! :grin:

Fair enough - Thanks :slight_smile:

where do I find "tile app Number" so I can copy a tile design?

In the app list. Hover over the tile child app you want to copy. In the lower corner you'll see the url. The app number is the last set of numbers.

1 Like

thanks it would be nice to have a global device so when you copy/clone a tile you could just change the device (obviously they would need to be the same type ) If its already there I am an idiot :slight_smile:
simple tile im sure but I like it

I just realized what I did was essential use tile master to create a pseudo custom template for echo status. I am pretty sure that was not what the original design was for (more around displaying multiple devices in one tile) but it could be a very powerful addition to hubitat since I don't see any other way of creating custom templates today

Great job. Tile Master is for display anything and everything you may want. Only limit is ones imagination. :grin:

1 Like

I am sure it is me but I have the following setup for custom colors on a Value attribute. However, if you note at the bottom, the color displayed for 87% is the color entered for Between, even though the value of 87 is higher the high value of 50.

Suggestions? Thanks!

LJ

New version on GitHub...

Fixed a type. :wink:

1 Like

The Child app won’t save. I have tried it manually and with Package manager.

1 Like

Now this is a new one! I just tried to save it too. I have no idea what's going on. :thinking:

• This is all happening when trying to use 'import' and when using copy and paste
  • I tried rolling back since I updated my HE today, didn't help
  • I tried loading the previous version from GitHub, didn't help
  • It just spins and spins and spins
  • Sometimes, not many times, I get: Version does not match, attempting to update version 1, current version is 2 on line null

I'll keep digging.

@bravenel, something weird has happened. I haven't made any changes to this app since 04/27/20. Today after updating from .128 to .131 I tried to make a small change and now this app will not save. Any idea what is going on here?

Same. In HPM, it stalls for a long time while trying to install the Child, and gives an error log.

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bptworld/Hubitat/master/Apps/Tile%20Master/TM2-child.groovy.

Yes I got that error in HPM and One more.

Looking back to when I tried earlier today, I got that 3rd error too.

I am starting to think that HE updates 2.2.0.130 and 2.2.0.131 are a bit buggy. Two in two days. the first one fixed some issues i was having with Konnected sensors. But now this. I also noted that I was having more slowdowns since 130 as measured by Hub Watchdog.

LJ

We made some changes in a security patch that may affect certain esoteric constructs in apps. We would need to look at the source code for the app in question. We've worked through a few of these already, hence the hot fix releases. We have no way to examine every app to find these. PM me with the source code that is throwing errors, and we will take a look.

2 Likes

PM sent, thanks

1 Like

We have found and fixed this problem. A hot fix will be coming...

3 Likes

Great news! Thank you.