[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

@bptworld ... Well I was forced to rollback to TM1 a couple of days ago. After upgrading to TM2 and converting my 4 existing tiles, I started noticing pretty severe hub performance "flakiness". The TM upgrade was the only change. I tried reboots and various other things over a few days to try to isolate anything else. I finally rolled back to TM1, recreated my 4 tiles again on TM1 and removed TM2. I gave it a few days to see if any issues resurface and they did not. It is back to rock solid. So I am guessing the performance hit was from TM2.

These 4 tiles track pool stats. The spa heater, pool heater and freeze protection only change when the air or water temp change, so infrequent. The filter pump status tile has a section that tracks watts usage of the pump. This changes frequently, like around every 15 seconds.

I am wondering if the generation of the tile content that frequently could be an issue. Could there be a memory leak in the app code?

Let me know if I can provide any additional info to troubleshoot.

got it....hit a roadblock and thought i still had an issue, but turns out I also had to turn on cloud access in Maker API!

thanks for the correction @bptworld

1 Like

I have a question. I just setup Tile Master to control multiple switches in one room. It works great, but every time I turn a switch on or off with the new tile my tablet opens a new screen that shows the HTTP command. I am sure I am just missing a setting but can not figure it out. Help!

1 Like

Maybe this will help... :wink: :wink:

New version with Cosmetic changes on GitHub

1 Like

Ok, I turned on iFrames. Now when I try to turn on one of the switches on the new virtual tile it opens a new screen with the same dashboard on it but the switch will not work?

As stated in the app

• if iFrames is On window will not open when clicked, device page will not load
  • if iFrames is Off, window will open when clicked, device page will load

If iFrames is On and a window is still opening when clicked, I ask... what browser are you using? Only chrome is supported. It may work with others but it is the only one I've tested with.

I was trying it with fully on a fire OS tablet. Thank you!

@bptworld - first up - loving Tile Master 2 - thank you so much for this app, as it's really proving to address a lot of my "wants" on the dashboard.

A couple of (what I hope are easy for you to answer) quick questions though:

#1 - is there a way to not display the device name on the bottom of a tile? I'm finding that since the device name is always present, my tile text is running over that and I'm trying to keep within a 1 column layout and save as much visual space as possible and the tile would look so much cleaner with just the values (and the pre/post text) and that's it - no labels on the top or bottom.

#2 - is there a way to customize the top label (i.e. "tile01" attribute name) in case we do want to display a customized label at the top? Would it be best to just do a custom line of text and center that instead? I'd prefer to be able to customize the built-in attribute name (if possible) to save on character counts.

Thank you!

Thanks.

The only way to remove the bottom and/or change the top would be to use some CSS. I don't have any experience or knowledge of using CSS but I've seen lots of posts lately of people doing some amazing things with it. Also might want to check out the Smartly app.

1 Like

Got it - thanks for the nudge in the proper direction. I looked at the resulting HTML and found the DIV ID for the TM2 tile in question, and I was able to hide the title with the following code in the dashboard CSS:

#tile-2 > .tile-title {
 visibility: hidden;
}

After saving the custom CSS, only the targeted TM2 tile had its title hidden - which is what I was after.

A couple of other questions now that I'm thinking more about this...

#1 - can I not add a row to a TM2 tile while it is on a dashboard?
#2 - Can the TM tile device name be changed without causing a problem? I'm only trying to further customize what's shown on the dashboard and shorten the tile titles.

1 Like

Can you elaborate a little more on how to apply this? This would be a cool tweak

Can't see why not. Try it and show me log if it doesn't work

Again try it. :wink:

Sure thing @dan3 - happy to help.

Step #1 - this is what I'm starting with (and the reason why I asked the question..), as I'm trying to keep the tile in a 1x1 configuration (so it works nicely on my phone) and the device name is just too long and spills over the bottom of the tile, making it look very busy and it detracts from the information the tile should be displaying in a clean and concise manner.

TM2-Pic1

Step #2 - Open up the developer tools in your browser, and navigate through the document hierarchy until you find the DIV that's responsible for the tile in question. Note on this particular dashboard, for the tile I'm wanting to modify, its ID is "tile-2":

Step #3 - I then back out of that, go to the dashboard options and then go all the way over to 'Advanced' and then click the 'CSS' tab and paste in the CSS code, above, and then click the 'Save CSS'

Step #4 - As soon as the CSS is then committed to the dashboard layout, the TM2 tile now looks the way I have wanted it to look (at least for now...I'm looking into some further CSS customizations, but this was a big step in the right direction).

TM2-Pic4

The main win here is that I don't have to turn off tile titles for every tile just to get the effect I wanted on one tile. I'll continue to further customize the dashboard as I deploy more ZEN15 power monitoring outlets and utilize them with TM2.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

On #1 I tried it and in the child app settings, I can't see how to get back to the UI to add a row...I can change the existing rows, but the UI (that I remember when creating the tile) to set the number of rows isn't exposed.

On #2, I tried it and it worked fine..I don't know if it was me or what, but as soon as I did make the change, the load time on the child app for the tile device (not the dashboard, but the app itself to make changes to the tile) increased significantly, and it didnt' go back down to what I observed (as normal, very quick) once I changed the device name back.... it's actually kind of odd. I might just blow the tile away and re-create it to see if that makes a difference.

I cant thank you enough!
Took me a bit to find the section -- took browsing the direct dashboard link for it to click where to look, but I got it!

1 Like

Edit line 1 to change the number of rows...

1 Like

Worked a treat - thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Fantastic! Glad to hear it and it's always a good feeling to be able to help someone else out!

Has any used this to control multiple music players (Sonos) volume level on one tile?