[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

As long as it follows a virtual switch I'm golden. Thanks!

And thanks again for ALL your contributions!

1 Like

Yes, yes I can

Screenshot_2020-09-13_10-31-04

It's working like I want but is there a way to make the icon cover more, if not all, of the tile space? The TM table is set to 1x1, right alignment (looks same as centered), 100% for the cell width and the icon size is set to 110. The dashboard tile size is 100x100.

Nope, you would have to use some sort of CSS. I know nothing about CSS so can't help with that one.

OK, thanks.

This can definitely be done

In the tile creation, after you select your device, you can "Use custom icons instead of device value"

All you'll need to do is get the value from the device (in my case it is "Connected" and "Disconnected"), and select which icon you want to use.

To add icons, go into the main app (not the tile you made), and select "Select Icons". This is where you can upload the files to use. With the addition of being able to host files on the HE hub, you can keep everything on the device

2 Likes

ahhh, just saw this after i posted above.

to get the full tile, as @bptworld said, you'd need to do some CSS stuff. try checking out The Noob's (in)complete guide to CSS for Hubitat to see if it can help you out

2 Likes

Thanks, @dadarkgtprince, for the info. I'm already doing what you suggest in your first post but I'm trying to get the icon to cover the whole tile. I'll take a look at the CSS guide but I'm so swamped with learning so many new things in this HA world that any knowledge I push in seems to push something else out! :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ahhh!! I didn't know about the attribute option. I just started setting this all up a few week ago :slight_smile:

THANK YOU!

1 Like

it takes a bit of searching on the github, but Hubitat/Adding a Tile to Dashboard.md at master · bptworld/Hubitat · GitHub will explain how to add the tile to your dashboard once complete

It takes 3 clicks.

i was trying to not have it sound too simple and risk making people feel silly :slight_smile:

I'm trying to incorporate a virtual button into the TM child app (single line 2 with 2 sections, first section displays a variable from a virtual omni sensor and the second section is meant to activate a virtual button)

Section 1 works fine, I can display the variable from the omni sensor on the dashboard tile.

Section 2 is where I came unstuck. I added the virtual button device into the app, set the attribute to pushed. The button value (1) is displayed on the tile but isn't clickable.

I then tried to use the included check box icon but when I go to putting in the Icon 1 Attribute Value (which would be "pushed" I guess) the app crashes with the following error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.math.BigDecimal.toLowerCase() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 2032 (pageConfig).

So I'm not sure what I'm actually meant to be doing, I assume I'm supposed to be able to create a clickable icon on the tile which pushes the virtual button?

Would need to see a screenshot of how you're trying to setup that section. But I did make a couple of small changes to fix that error.

New version on GitHub...

2.4.2 - 09/28/20 - Adjustments

I'll set it up again with the new version and let you know as soon as I can. (I had to delete the child app as it kept crashing as soon as I tried to open it for editing after the initial crash).

I think I see what I did wrong - TM does not appear to support buttons.

If I use a switch as the controllable device, clicking on the tile opens a new browser window with the maker api command url. How do I stop this from happening?
My bad - should really read the documentation more carefully.

Sorry, haven't had the time to look into this. But, you are correct... no buttons! If you read enough of my posts you'll see I hate buttons! lol If you really need a button 'like' device, use a virtual switch with the auto off option. :wink:

1 Like

No problem - thanks!

Really love this app. My dashboard looks a lot better with TM2 tiles in it. Great job! I have a simple question, I have two tiles, one displaying date and the other sunrise and sunset. They don't seem to update automatically. If I open the TM2 app, they get updated. Am I missing something? should I be setting up a RM rule to refresh the TM-Devices at midnight?

Correct, date/time don't update unless something tells them to, like opening the app.

You can try, I don't know. I don't use RM.

Thanks

Since there is no refresh command available in the device itself, do you have any tips for me to be able to achieve it? Any guidance will help. Thanks.