[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

Yahtzee!

This rev works perfectly

Also, fixed my previous post

Danke

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it.

To implement TM2 and update existing TM1 items do I have to remove the TM1 stuff?

There been a lot of changes since TM1, probably would be best to just start over.

Okay, thanks for the reply. Can't wait to get it up and running! Appreciate all your hard work Bryan.

1 Like

I am currently running both as I started on TM v1 and am migrating to use TM2. New tiles requiring device control are on TM2 and most of v1 tiles are just info displays for sensor status.

Above is my mobile dash. TM tiles with -- are still on v1 while single - tiles are v2 with interactivity/prettier

3 Likes

Okay, so now for the BIG question....

What's missing!?

lol Be nice, no promises but what else is on the with list for this app?

Thanks

if there was any way to limit character count when using the same icon repeatedly in a tile that'd be super awesome. i find the limit w/ "active" tiles to be about four lines before you run out of room.

built in basic icons would be cool

ALSO
if you could have the character count include the iframe portion when on it would probably be very helpful. ive built some tiles to 1020 or 1022 only to be held back when that feature is enabled.
on that note...i do notice that the iframe issue is only present when using icons. ive previously never seen an issue when using a straight text tile, even with actions.

I would really like to be able to set colors for sections of the tile display dynamically somehow. Or failing that for the temperature/battery values color feature to be expanded to support any numeric value e.g. 1.2435 kw in a text attribute. I could of course remove the 'units' if needed.

I believe the ranges are shared across tiles - which is not going to support many different ranges/colors though

A suggestion to save characters: generate CSS separately that can be pasted into the Dashboard and refer to that from an ID tag (+class for state) of the parent element. Maybe you can squeeze in some more data in the tiles that way:)

I know you said it's not possible, but a table where the formatting was set with the whole table (barring the first line which could be bolded) rather than each cell requiring individual formatting. It would mean more data displayed. /one can dream right?

Edit: I've been getting into the color settings, and this is amazing. I can remove much guff and use the colors, so not an need any longer. Thanks Brian!

Sorry, not possible. There is only one way to display an icon in html, so even if the same icon is used over and over it still uses the same number of characters. Remember to use bitly, saves a ton of characters!

Whoops, nice catch! This has been fixed and will be in the next release.

You can change colors of each cell and/or text based on value now. When that value changes, so does the color.

Added to the list.

Way over my head but a great idea! Will have to dig deep and learn some more to figure this one out. Added to the list!

I was actually working on this last night. Should be in the next release!

Great ideas everyone. Time to code. :wink:

4 Likes

If you want some pointers I'd be happy to help :slight_smile: You've gotten all these apps together, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem :wink: It could be used to re-use icons as well. Or let you use icon-fonts like the built-in ones. Among the many uses...

Thanks for the great apps!

3 Likes

Is there documentation on how to setup the Device Control feature? I keep getting a new browser window that opens with an invalid token error.

Did you set the device up in Maker API?

I thought I did the all devices option but clearly there’s an issue. I’m not terribly familiar with the Maker API app.

New version on GitHub...

Parent:
V2.1.1 - 03/02/20 - Removed status color options from parent app

Child:

• V2.2.7 - 03/02/20 - Lots of cosmetic changes
  • iFrame now gets added to character count when activated
  • Added more Global Variables, dropping character count way down
  • All status color options are now entered directly into the child app
  • ANY attribute can now have status colors

Big update, be sure to go into each child app and look for new options, most noticeable - all device status colors are now in the child app and will need to be setup again.

Going out for a while, hope it works! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

BIG update!
tried it out for a minute, but rolled back...need more time to mess around
column width "global" option doesnt seem to be getting honored
i change width in line 1 and the other lines are changing as well

great work, keep it up!!

TBH, the transition from the previous version to this new one is a bear --- the "global" variable should be in the parent app, no? I am having great difficulty getting the new parent/child to format old tiles the same as before the update.
The status colors should default to global from the parent unless specified otherwise IMO
Also, column width is totally wonky in this new version...setting widths to not change tile at all

Nobody said change would be easy! :wink:

No way, I wouldn't want to be locked in to only one tile style. Global variables are per tile.

You'll need to visit each line and make sure they are setup the way you want them to be.

Again, don't want to be locked down to one set of colors. The whole point of moving was that each set of attributes could use there own color combination. Before if you had it setup that On was red and Off was green, that was it... Every combination of on/off was the same. Now if you wanted your water heater to be red/green but your ac to be blue/green, it's possible.

I'll have to take a look at this. thanks!