[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

Nope, just follow the prompts and keep checking the Sample Tile on the bottom. Feel free to ask any questions here.

Thanks

Cool thanks man

Let's take a poll...

• I want to control multiple devices per tile!
  • I only want a boring static display

0 voters

"We're going to do what they say can't be done!"

1 Like

Found another issue. I get 'Unexpected Error' when trying to save the child app after editing AND when accessing it. It doesn't happen with the other child app. This is happened repeatedly after re-creating the tables

Will have a new version out later today. Hang tight.

New version on GitHub...

All devices on tile can now be controlled (on/off) right from the custom tile! Just click on the device status! Now you can have a multi purpose tile with device control.

This is a GAME CHANGER!

Both devices listed can be controlled by clicking on the status. Works with Icons too!
TM%20with%20Control

Child:
V2.1.9 - 02/22/20 - Multi-Device Control!

7 Likes

Absolutely!! I don't know how you've done it but that is brilliant. :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for forcing my hand on Maker API!
This is a real development & I am absolutely amazed how easy it is!

Edit:
The new child app is causing some existing tiles to loose their formatting AND gain characters...which is causing them to be undisplayable on my dash.
Reverting back to 2 versions ago (where i upgraded from) fixed issue, but lost new funtion

1 Like

This looks great, I might try and use it for my recent post / question on setting individual room modes. Thanks @bptworld.

presence%20dash
on this tile, it will not display at all -- current child brings me to 982 characters, but newest version puts it over 1200

base2%20dash
this tile displays, but after each white device description, the "hide attribute" value is not being honored

Thanks, right now it only works with switches (on/off). The next version will have locks added. Just about got the coding done for that.

1 Like

yup, I just fixed that. Found it while adding lock controls. Will be in the new release soon.

Okay, probably last one for tonight!

Child:
V2.2.0 - 02/22/20 - Locks can now be controlled, bug fixes.

1 Like

OK Brian, you've convinced me to give up SuperTile.

But I have an error, in the child app, selecting a device (in both cases a temperature device) causes this error. This is 3 column table. Middle column being the device. I have text before and after. First line.

Edit: I also cant get into the TM - device page to delete the actual Tile Master device. The page never loads.

Sorry about that.

Try new child:
V2.2.1 - 02/22/20 - Bug fixes.

1 Like

Wow, fast!

Brian,

Thanks, there is something wrong with the device tile driver. I cant display any TM device, after the app does something to it. I did check that I could display the device once I'd created the TM - device, but now I cant view the device (even to delete it). Just a blank screen. The app updates on the dashboard, and no errors in logs.

The only way to delete devices seems to be to delete the app - which deletes all your devices.
Unexpected errors caused by null error messages

Just noticed the 'import' link had only updated me to 2.2 rather than 2.2.1 so trying that from a raw copy/paste now...

...update.. and my issues are fixed in 2.2.1 :+1:

1 Like

You can delete the child app by switching your view on the main HE apps page to be a list style view rather than the typical tile type view. From there you can click on the cog next to the child app and there is a remove button at the bottom of the screen displayed.

3 Likes

if you roll back to previous version & force a device update (open a door/turn on switch) this error is alleviated...ran into it as well

still having formatting issues -- hide attribute value not working in 2.2.0 / 2.2.1
all okay on 2.1.7