[RELEASE] Tile Builder - Build Beautiful Dashboards (Grid 2.0 Released)

As stated in the first post of this thread,

strange, i am not seeing when i click add built in app? am i doing something wrong?

You have to install HPM first. Start here.

3 Likes

Once all the apps and drivers code saved on the hub manually or via HPM (recommended), you will need to use the "Add User App" button to install and configure it, not the "Add Builtin App" button.

2 Likes

thank you! figured it out!

Look at this post. Link to HPM inside it. This is a good post for someone just starting on hubitat. Helps avoid some gotchas. Also pay attention to the ghosts section

1 Like

@garyjmilne, perhaps you're still on vacation, so I'll leave this for your return: wow, thank you! What an awesome contribution to the community. Phenomenal work!

I'm using the basic tile builder to generate various lists of battery devices so I can easily see what devices need new batteries. When I did that, I noticed a few issues (some of which may be EBKACs):

1. I've noticed on longer tables (20-30 devices), there will typically be 1-2 devices that are missing and replaced with a duplicate from elsewhere on the list. Reordering doesn't resolve the problem.
  2. Two tables with the exact same parms will produce tables with different fonts and different row/text sizes. I imagine this is due to some of the tables being <1024 and the others being SVG (based on what I've read above). Is this expected behavior? And any advice on how to counter?
  3. If I append battery values with "%" or "_%", the symbol doesn't show up in the table.

Again - gratitude. My next project will be upgrading to Advanced. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark, I'm back from vacation and working on the next TB module. To answer your questions:

Only one thing that could be so just checked my code and sure enough, two typos for entries #22 and #27 causing results #12 and #17 instead. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It will be fixed in the next release.

As a general tip, with free version if you do a reverse sort of devices by battery level and limit the list to say 10 devices, you will get a more concise list of what you really care about, those devices with low batteries. In the TB Advanced version you can have filtered lists, such as only show devices with battery level less than 50% for example and the size of the list will vary.

Yes, these can be tricky. The bottom line is that a tile < 1,024 bytes will inherit a lot of properties from Dashboard that are not inherited when it is run in an iFrame (> 1,024). So yes, you are likely to get different fonts as these are also determined in part by the platform and the availability of the font you selected.

In short you will get the most consistent results if you choose a web safe font.
(CSS Web Safe Fonts)

Yes, selecting the type of units populates the %Units% variable which you can then reference in any text field. To have the unit display on every line go to the Rows tab and enable "Append Units to Data" and it will display on every line as shown below.

2 Likes

Is there an option to have no logging? I have it set to zero. Thank you.

Seeing this in my logs:

2 Likes

Multi Attribute Monitor for Tile Builder has been released. You will find the notification here:

This makes no changes to either Attribute Monitor or Activity Monitor, the two modules that you are using today. Once MAM gets worked over I will incorporate a few of those innovations into Attribute Monitor or Activity Monitor.

A couple of things I should point out with this update to Tile Builder Parent 1.4.0.

1. The settings under the Highlights tab are no longer saved as part of the Style for any module.
  2. I added some extra overrides categories as part of the parent. #1 Using webfonts from Google and cdnfonts.com. #2 Cell Operations which gives examples of how to highlight particular cells which is more relevant in MAM as the row numbers never change.
  3. MAM adds two extra level of compression which can typically recover 100-200 bytes on a 1K tile. These techniques will be retrofitted to AttrMon and ActMon in the next update to those.
6 Likes

Set the log level to -1. I think that should work.

Am I being dense? Where is that setting?

In the Storage Driver.

2 Likes

I must admit I was looking to do this as well.
When you look at 'Device' it says the following.
I know I'm being picky but perhaps it should be 0-3, with an explanation as to what logging is available at each level.
Like I say, no big deal.
Keep up the good work with this fantastic app. :+1:

Done. Thank you.

FYI It's that way because I don't encourage disabling the logging.

I'll add some description to it in the next release.

1 Like

Recently discovered this app as the previous tool I used is less than ideal for my use.

• And wow. it's very nice and well thought out. the Storage driver solves a great problem for me - the growing lists of virtual devices just for tiles etc. A brilliant implementation!

For HD+ users ( @jpage4500 ) I'm still playing with the settings but this cleans up some issues with micro tiles/small sized tiles as well! I've donated and look forward to a growing user base for this app - I'm excited to see his notes about multi-device - multi - attribute announced as a future improvement - I intend to condense a number of my singular tiles into a more comprehensive yet tighter solution!

Thank you @garyjmilne

1 Like

It's been released! See here: [RELEASE] Multi Attribute Monitor (Tile Builder Module)

Yeah, I see that a lot. I'm hoping that some of these will just defer to TB for the display aspects when appropriate vs everyone writing their own HTML driver and having lots of inconsistent looking tiles out there.

1 Like

I raise my hand as an offender. I have 3 'customized' versions of drivers currently just because the tile components don't fit my needs. this will fix that too!
Ty for your work! I'm really excited about cleaning up my layouts and structure!

2 Likes