[RELEASE] Sinope Device Drivers with advanced functionality

Are you on the latest version ? (I am on 1.6.0, from HPM). EDIT: was looking at wrong hub, actually on 1.7.1

Tagging @samuel.c.auclair

Yes, I am at v1.7.1 (from the post at the top of this publication:

SinopeDriverHubitat/drivers at main · sacua/SinopeDriverHubitat · GitHub).

@samuel.c.auclair

Hello Samuel,
I'm an ST user but since they clamped everything down, I made the jump to HE. I'm expecting my HE hub in a few days. I have a question for you. Do you have another way to get the outside temperature? I saw in your screenshots that you use a Netatmo. But I read in another discussion that you made a virtual thermostat.

Virtual_outdoor_conditions.groovy

the site your virtual thermostat seems to refer to no longer seems online. Do you have another solution while waiting for me to buy a Netatmo, since that one is expensive.

Thanks a lot, sorry for my English, French is better for me

Salut,

This driver should works if you are in Canada. I don't know if some update made it no longer works, but I believe it should be ok.

in fact, I assumed it didn't work. I have simply been to the site which is referenced in line 53
ttps://app.weather.gc.ca

and I get a message that the page is not loaded.

as soon as I receive my HE hub, I'll get back to you. I'm from Quebec, north of Montreal.

sorry I can put screenshot and URL. The Habitat community block me

1 Like

Hi @hardlock75! Welcome to Hubitat
I assume you're looking to get outside temp on a Sinope thermostat? I do this easily (reads from another sensor outside). @Sebastien since you're in CA, can you post your rule for him?

Also since you are new, take a look at this post. It will help you avoid some of the gotchas...

1 Like

thank for the info, when I receive my HE I try it. Receive HE soon :slight_smile:

I get my temperature from my Tempest Weather station, but there is also a driver available to get the weather from Weather Canada:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmike3/Hubitat/master/Drivers/Weather%20Canada%20(OWM-EC)/Weather%20Canada%20(OWM-EC).groovy

Here is the rule I setup to use it:

%outsideTemperature% is a hub variable where I store the temperature every time it changes via another rule:

ho! wow thank you! my goal is, to take outside temperature on weather site, and push the info on Sinope TH1124ZB :slightly_smiling_face:

In this Thermostat you can see Outside temperature

I give you feedback :+1:

1 Like

Some of the actions in the first rule are in place to turn on the display when someone is around, and otherwise turn it off - this is not required to show the temperature.

Laisses-moi savoir si tu as des questions!

Mine is a little more simpler than @Sebastien's. I have my sinope stat display off at all times until motion is sensed then it turns on. It also shows outside temp. For a long time I used just the temp sensor I had on the porch for outside source but now I use my Weatherflow Tempest... But essentially you can use any temp sensor.

1 Like

Salut Sam,
Do you plan to include Hydro-Québec's dynamic pricing in your project? It would certainly be a very interesting addition.

Thx

Salut,
It would certainly be a nice addition for the Québec user, however I'm not aware of any public API given by Hydro Québec to know the current or upcoming pricing. So, I don't see how I could integrate it in the driver code or app code.

I know that some people use NodeRed install on another computer, like a raspberry pi, to scan their email sent by hydro quebec to automatically switch a virtual switch for which they can create automation (rule machine) base on this virtual switch.

On my side, I've simply created 4 virtual switch name hydroAM24h, hydroPM24h, hydroAM and hydroPM. As soon as I receive a email, I switch manually hydroAM24h if the next morning is in the dynamic price. At mid night, hydroAM will turn on and HydroAM24h will turn off. Afterward, my automation look the state of hydroAM and hydroPM to define the action to perform.

53.526¢/kWh !! :open_mouth:
I don’t think I understand this rate D dynamic pricing. So when everyone’s at home, it’s subzero outside and you need to stay warm, they charge you that much per kilowatt hour?

How Rate Flex D works

Rate Flex D is different than the base rate (Rate D). This is how it works.

• In winter,
    • outside peak demand events, the price of electricity is below the base rate, so you can save money.
    • during peak demand events, electricity is billed at a high price (53.526¢/kWh). You’ll have to shift nonessential electricity use or limit it to reduce costs. The day before a peak demand event, you’ll receive a notification by email and, if you like, through our mobile app.
1 Like

Peak periods last three hours in the morning, four in the evening. The way you're supposed to deal with this is to "preheat" your home a little above normal ahead of the peak period, so that you use less power during the peak event (and remain comfortable). Flex D is a gamble and few people go for it AFAIK.

The winter credit option is much more popular : Rate D with Winter Credit Option | Hydro-Québec

1 Like

I think this will be able to search your email for the notification and switch automatically for you. Personally, I would just create a filter to auto-forward those emails to another Gmail account and then have the community app search that secondary email.

1 Like

Hi Sam, I just installed the driver for the TH1124ZB - 4000W and I am not able to get the adaptive display to work. The on and off display works. Do you have a recommendation?

Hi Sam,
I found the problem with the adaptive display of the “Thermostat TH112xZB with energy meter” driver. The fix is ​​to increase the luminance when it is lit and lower it when it is dark.
Line 93-96:
@Field static final Map constBacklightModes = [ "off": 0x0, "adaptive": 0x0, "on": 0x1,
0x0: "off", 0x1: "on" ]
@Field static final Map constBacklightModesG2 = [ "off": 0x2, "adaptive": 0x1, "on": 0x1,
0x2: "off", 0x1: "on" ]

1 Like

@samuel.c.auclair Since I've started sharing the power measurment from my Sinope themostats in Home Assistant to improve what my Sense Energy Monitor can report, I've notice that the reporting often gets stuck reporting a value when there's no consumption.

If I click refesh in the driver, it updates imeadiately. I'm using the latest drivers from HPM, and I'd be happy to assist troubleshooting this issue if there's a fix possible. I could schedule a time-based refresh, but I have 8 Sinope thermostats so I'd rather not do that.

The two thermostats in particular that I'm seeing the issue on are the TH1300ZB for our heated kitchen floor and the TH1124ZB that is connected to two fan-forced heaters in our living room/dining room space.

My theremostats and their prefereces are as follows:

TH1124ZB

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 40
  • firmwareMT: 119C-1126-02400203
  • lastRunningMode: heat
  • manufacturer: Sinope Technologies
  • model: TH1124ZB
  • softwareBuild: 02400203

TH1300ZB

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 77
  • firmwareMT: 119C-0011-01010901
  • lastRunningMode: heat
  • manufacturer: Sinope Technologies
  • model: TH1300ZB
  • softwareBuild: 01010901

Hi thanks for sharing your solutions. It's been a while since I've worked on those driver but I should soon update my driver and include this fix.