[RELEASE] RGBGenie Z-Wave Device Drivers (all)

Reach out to @gnant before you give up.. It’s his products and he would know .. He is a great guy and I’m sure he could point you in the right direction.. His number is also on the web page:

2 Likes

There's nothing special about this strip controller that would require a dedicated driver.
The correct driver is the generic rgbw bulb driver.

What exactly do you think is missing?

2 Likes

well for one the documents at "List of Compatible Devices - Hubitat Documentation" list the wrong driver to use. it shows to use the "RGBgenie Micro Zigbee Dimmer" which is incorrect. that does nothing for the controller,

Yes the "Generic Zigbee RGB Light" works but is very basic functionality.

All other RGB, RGBW, RGBWW controllers I have used, have more that just basic feature that just change the color, brightness and on off.

All other controllers have effects you can select from like cross fade between colors, single color gradual change (Fade in and out), Crass fade between 2 colors, strobe flash between colors, strobe flash on single color, ect.. all of which you can change the speed and brightness of.

I see @bcopeland made drivers for the zwave version. and that has mostly what I am looking for, except I need it for the zigbee version. (As i will be hooking this up to my pool lights I am installing and need a way for guest to change color and effect, while leaving me with the ability to have HU automate effects and time and such as needed.)

The controller only supports one effect - cross fade between colors, but no other effects, so if I want them i would need to get the z wave version, but they don't make a remote that is z wave.

I am trying to stay away from adding wifi devices to HU as they always seem to cause issues, but the hardware is just what I want, most even have an app i can use.

1 Like

They don't actually, there is no zwave or zigbee standard regarding effects, these are implemented specifically within each controller at the manufacturers discretion.

I'll make a note to correct the part numbers in the list.

2 Likes

The only Zigbee ones that don’t have a driver currently are the ab-3009/3010 panels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There's just one zigbee panel missing, which is the three scene color panel, the other two are done and available.

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction!

1 Like

Updated 2020-04-08

• Major coding style improvements
  • Removal of custom child driver in favor of built-in component drivers
  • Future proofing

When updating to this version please click save on device preferences.

1 Like

Updated 2020-04-11

• Added duplicate event filtering
  • Fixed typo in micro controller preferences

Was looking at these for some above and below cabinet lighting. Do you know if the ZW-1001 controller allows you to control each of its 4 channels separately or are the all on/off, dimmed together?

1 Like

It can be.. The problem comes in with z-wave compliance and direct associations.. I am planning a driver that would let you control them individually.. But you won’t be able to use direct associations anymore

Oh.. And welcome to the community

How soon are you looking to do this?.. Because it won’t take me long to throw together the driver.. I wasn’t sure there would be a lot of interest since it would break z-wave direct associaitions

Are direct associations when commands are sent directly to the controller without going through the Hubitat?

We need task lighting under our cabinets and I don't feel like cutting holes in walls and don't want to see plugs hanging down below the cabinets. I saw the ZW-1001 and it had 4 channels that would meet my needs (3 individual controlled sections of task lighting and lighting for our enclosed pantry that would come on when door is opened).

If I am the only one that is interested, then I wouldn't want you to spend the time. I was waiting for confirmation on ZW-1001 capabilities before ordering everything next week. Seems odd that they have 4 channels but you have break Z-Wave protocols to use them individually. Makes you wonder what is the point of 4 channels.

1 Like

Yes sent directly to the device bypassing the hub

The driver doesn’t do it yet.. But I can put that in pretty easily

For next week yes... I can have the capabilities in there for that by then

I would certainly appreciate if you did (with current conditions it would probably take a week or so for the products to make it to me after I order), but I would understand if you didn't since sounds like I am the only person interested.

Maybe I should look for a CCT controller so I can change the white color temp on a tunable white strip.

1 Like

Sure will.. Not a problem at all

Any of the z-wave RGBGenie led controllers will switch between single color, RGBW, and CCT.. It is software selectable.. So if you buy a single color and later decide to switch to CCT just flip a setting in the driver

My favorite is the ZV-1008 especially for cabinet works because it has a built-in ac power supply for hardwiring

And since you can switch it to any profile (single color, cct, rgbw) it’s perfect..

I have this one installed in my kitchen running CCT

1 Like

That 1 is pretty kewl, unfortunately won't work for me. I am looking for true task lighting so I've found a strip that is 880 lm/ft. It will draw 102 W across the full 5 M strip. Now if I decide to switch to CCT and give up on the 4 individually controlled channels, then I could probably use ZV-1008.

It is very cool that the profile is software selectable. Is the firmware the same for all the HW or does the driver choice somehow force a firmware download?

Also, if you change the "intended" use of the controller, how do you know proper wiring?

1 Like