[RELEASE] OwnTracks for Hubitat Presence Detection

Are you looking for that same type html tile that Life360 + had? Stuffing it into the battery field causes some nasty stuff to happen, but I can build out a HTML tile like Lief360+ had if that's what you are you looking for.

1 Like

OMG stupid user!
Didn't even see the Delete button on the left. :shushing_face:

1 Like

We are everywhere... :wink:

4 Likes

Issue is on boxes that allow multiple selections, the delete button wouldn't show until you click somewhere on the screen. If it's a single selection, then it would display instantly.

I changed it to display always (not saying that I did the same as you... many times.... :joy: )

Guessing that was the case, the value wasn’t set. Maybe it should have a sensible default

Would love to see an HTML tile like Life360 has!

Hey @lpakula and @nh.schottfam

Maybe just call it OTStatus? instead of Status? Just a thought.

Cheers
David

Where was the value not set? The HE app defaults to 75m/246ft when you create a region. Was this created in the OT app?

I "borrowed" the name "status" from Life360. I don't think "status" is a best fit word for it. Any other suggestions? It's showing the region you in, or the distance from home.

Let me build that out. Just finishing up the OT app that reports address....

3 Likes

I believe so, yes

In case you didn't figure this out, the smaller file is the "unit tests" the developer made. You need to grab the apk from \project\app\build\outputs\apk\gms\debugapp-gms-debug.apk

Ok, big one here! Just updated post #2 with Android 2.4.17 APK. You can download it on your phone, and it should upgrade right over your current version.

It added an 'address' field that will now show up in the respective OwnTrack drivers. If it cannot resolve a street address, it will default back to lat/lon. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Nice! So, sounds like this is just for android. Is a similar solution needed for the iOS app to push the address, for those of us that have an iphone?

1 Like

It works like a charm!

1 Like

It sure freaking does. Brilliant, works perfectly!

I think this is the week for it, and I think we're all in agreement, we are going to nominate you for an Oscar.

3 Likes

So things have been running well on 1.6.12, so I was leary abount updating but couldnt help myself. Probably should have listened to my gut, as things appear to be broken now.

The app basically went through the intial configure when I opened it, and now the phone is erroring when trying to connect to HE even though I can see it did update the phone and add the +60follow region.

getting errors in the logs now as well?

app:12152024-01-23 10:48:53.731 PMerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'lat' on null object on line 1318 (method webhookEventHandler)
app:12152024-01-23 10:48:53.715 PMerrorOwnTracks: updateDevicePresence: Exception for member: jason java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'lat' on null object

getting an http 500 error on the phone

For sure! This guy saved us all from the Life360 disaster AND took OwnTracks to the levels the original developers never dreamed of!

2 Likes

I used the restore all defaults to see if that would resolve things and it did not. I then noticed that I no longer had a home region defined, so I reselected it. So far the other phone have updated without issue. So I am pretty sure the problem was the missing home region.

@lpakula the new update status information at the top is a nice touch, great work.

1 Like

At that moment I did have and still have the latest version 1.6.23.
I will do more tests today and let's see if it happens again.

EDIT: actually now updated 1.6.24. :slight_smile:

1 Like