[RELEASE] OwnTracks for Hubitat Presence Detection

She has been travelling up the freeway and has arrived in or town about 20 minutes ago, still in Sweden with log errors?
As I posted this an update came through and it's normal now, logs have stopped erroring?

Thanks. Checking into that one.

What is the driver version showing in that device?

Sorry but what "first two switch" and "last two switch" you mean?
There's this section with two sliders.

First is for gps and second is for other settings which includes these:

It it possible to add the HTML Member Location to a Dashboard like HD+?

Do I need a link for that to add as an HTML tile to HD+?

@jpage4500 can help you with this one, he's working on it in his thread.

jpage4500Owner

11d

I just got this app installed and configured and am working to support it in HD+ . So far everything looks good - the only thing I can't figure out is the thumbnails.

Oh man.. sorry words are hard sometimes! I see where I messed you up. Can you go back up and re-check that post, I cleaned it up would should make sense now.

Long story short, If you have that "Use GPS for higher accuracy..." slider checked like your picture, the other settings you asked about will always be using higher battery from the GPS. The settings were meant to have the HE app toggle the phone from high power to lower power as required.

1 Like

Ok, this should fixed in the next version. The forked APK sends back "dirty location packets" (accuracy error too high, phone failed to get a location, etc) as a keep alive. They were to only to be used to update the 'last update time' and to pull back settings in case something got messed up but I had it routed into the tile as well.

1 Like

Latest version of HD+ supports it. I deleted my 2 Life 360+ tiles and replaced them with the corresponding Owntracks ones. With the latest HD+ just ensure that the Owntracks devices are enabled in maker api and that's all that's needed.

3 Likes

Is Region an attribute, that we could use as a trigger for Rules or etc. If not can it be added?

I would think so, as I think any attribute can be. Are you running into an issue that is making it to where you can't use it?

I don't see it as a selectable attribute for tiles or rules, unless I am missing something.

I must say, I think that “null null” is a great nickname for her…

2 Likes

To see what's available from a device, you can check In Rule Machine - you can see the available attributes for a device by selecting Custom Attribute as the trigger type and then choosing your device...

Correct, that's why I said I don't see Region.

I'm using an Iphone, IOS app, its missing StreetAddress for now too, and a few other attributes too, are you using an Android phone?

Can't you just use location? Location=Region when a region is entered.

Trigger: Location changed
If location = [region name]
Then...

Won't that work?

ahhh, location is region in attributes, missed that, thank you!

If you don't have a region specified for that location, the location attribute gives you lon and lat, that's why I missed it.....for an Iphone that is.

1 Like

I'm running Fully Kiosk too, on Fire Tablets, but mine is the paid version (Plus) with popup on and Larger or smaller Maps don't work either.

Something wonky with lastspeed. I had the cruise set for about 10 miles at 60 and the mph on the tile never got above 38 it was changing, just not reporting close to accurate speed.
Wonder if that will hold up in court. No your honor my hubitat dashboard said I was going 38.

2 Likes