[Release] Nyckelharpa, an HSM Extension

[Update] Mar 26, 2020 10:40EDT

Enhancements and Changes

1. Fixed: Iris V3 device goes into hardware motion loop when device's siren is sounding

2. Add support for new beep sound on Iris V2 and V3. Depending on device's firmware you may need to use old beep sound

3. Add support for battery type on Iris V3 and XHK1-UE keypads. Fixes incorrect percentage when using rechargeable or lithium batteries

How to Install
There is one (1) module associated with this update.

Drivers Code

1. Centralitex Keypad (V0.2.9)

Post Installation Settings

• Iris V2 and V3 devices. Use the device's test panel to sound the Beep tone. When no beep tone, set "Old Beep" to on/true. Cause for no new beep: old firmware. No way to fix this.

Iris V3 Issue

• When using Iris V3 with Old Beep, the hardware ignores the time parameter, single beep only.

Source Code

tag: @Rxich

[Beta Release] Apr 06, 2020 11:30EDT

Enhancements and Changes

1. Forced arming supported when using the newly supported native Hubitat Keypad drivers or Centralitex keypad driver.

2. Added full support for maintaining and using Lock Manager pins when using Centralitex Keypad driver or Hubitat's provided keypad drivers

3. When using Hubitat Keypad driver, keypad's Panic key works when system disarmed. Requires custom panic rule.

4. Nyckelharpa V1.0.4 Bug fixes found in prior versions, including arming from a dashboard fixed. Use HSM status, not mode.

5. Updated Github documentation

How to Install
There are four (4) modules associated with this update.

Apps Code

1. Nyckelharpa (V1.0.5)
  2. Nyckelharpa Modefix (V1.0.0)
  3. Nyckelharpa Talker (V1.0.2) Optional

Drivers Code

1. Centralitex Keypad (V1.0.1) Optional

Post Installation Settings

• Required. Verify and save Nyckelharpa Global settings. Also required when switching keypad drivers. Updates app's system subscribes or it fails to function.

• When using Centralitex Keypad drive set pin preference flag: Use Lock Manager Pins on or off. When using LM Pins update pins.

• In order to get the Nyckelharpa contacts open message and forced arming when using the HE Keypad drivers: you must create some sort of alert in HSM's Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel --> Configure Alerts for Arming Failures (contacts open) section, or HSM arms directly, ignoring all open contacts. Should you be using TTS messages, simply place the word "Warning" into Arming Alerts-->Audio Alerts setting on the same speech output devices used with Nyckelharpa. It will speak prior to Nyckelharpa's Arming Canceled Open Contact message.

Beta Source Code and Documentation

4 Likes

[Beta Release Bug Fix] Apr 22, 2020 12:50EDT

Bug Fix

1. When using Beta Centralitex Keypad Driver with Lock Code Manager pins, the logic incorrectly search the Nyckelharpa User pins

How to Install
There is one (1) module associated with this update. This update is mandatory for anyone using the Beta with the Centralitex keypad driver and LCM pins.

Apps Code

1. Nyckelharpa (V1.0.5)

Beta Source Code and Documentation

[Beta Release] Apr 26, 2020 14:00EDT

Added Capability

• Panic pins are now supported when using Lock Code Manager pins with the Centralitex keypad driver. Panic Pins are created by placing the case insensitive text "Panic", anywhere in the Pin Name field.

Change

• Adjusted keypad sounds issued when an arming request is rejected due to an open contact to: Invalid pin tone, then two beeps or two seconds of beeping. (May vary due to keypad, firmware, settings, and timing)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: When using Beta Centralitex Keypad Driver with a UEI keypad, Off command did not terminate beeping.

How to Install
There are two (2) modules associated with this update. This update is mandatory for anyone using the Beta with the Centralitex keypad driver with a UEI keypad.

Apps Code

1. Nyckelharpa (V1.0.6)

Driver Code

1. Centalite Keypad (V1.0.2)

Beta Source Code and Beta Documentation

3 Likes

I just installed this yesterday.

Awesome work. Have you thought about adding this to the Hubitat Package Manager app?

2 Likes

Perhaps after the Beta version is released for production. Have to do that soon.

1 Like

The current Beta version is now released as Nyclelharpa V1.

The prior version, renamed Nyckelharpa V0, was deprecated. However, it remains in the Nyckelharpa repository.

When upgrading from V0 to V1, verify, update, then save all settings.

3 Likes

Done

2 Likes

When attempting to install using Hubitat Package Manager I get the following error right after I select the package from available choices:

Tagging @dman2306 Please see prior message

Suggest using manual install instructions until this is resolved.

@arnb Your manifest is missing the minimumHEVersion line causing the above error. I'll add better error handling so this doesn't happen again, but that will fix this issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance.

I don't require a minimum version number, but updated manifest with "minimumHEVersion": "2.1.9",

tag @halfrican.ak

I originally figured you could just put in 0.0 then, but I now realize that's kind of stupid. In the next version it will be optional if there is no minimum.

3 Likes

@arnb Thank you for all your dev work - I to recently transitioned from ST to HE. I used the Delay DH from the get go on ST but really enjoy the local aspect of HE. That said I came across your extension and was curious to try for the panic feature on my v2 Iris. This was the only thing I was unable to 'port' over directly to date. I believe I got everything installed correctly, I've read through the forum here and don't see the same issue I'm experiencing. Essentially when I trigger the panic button press, the keypad sounds and I get log event that its triggered but it does not trigger the HSM status - specifically the house siren, nor Noonlight monitoring. Enter disarm PIN from HSM and all goes to normal. I've been testing from a disarmed state. I did read here that removing the NCKL-Panic Contact Sensor from earlier releases, as well as removing delay to the 'Night Arm" but it seemed subsequent updates removed that need, correct? I just installed a couple days ago so I am on the latest release in github. Oddly I see the Keypad not selected under the extension for siren, yet it is the only siren sounding when triggered. I only need the panic feature of the extension so not sure if that is possible with the base HE drivers code (Iris) and just Panic Rule in HSM?

Please read the documentation section 13 for setting up the Panic Rule. The base Nyckkelharpa and Modefix modules are required.

The keypad's siren sounds when the panic key is pressed, irregardless of what it's connected to or the arming state. Using standard HSM without Nyckelharpa, there is NO SYSTEM PANIC response when disarmed.

If you are using the Hubitat keypad drivers, specify the NCKL-Panic Contact, when using Centralitex driver, specify the keypad devices in the custom panic rule and or NCKL-Panic Contact.

Also make sure the panic rule is armed or no Panic response.

Thx for the reply Arn - I went through the README - all checks out as instructed. I've embedded screenshots of the areas of config from the README. I am confirming use of the HE drivers for the Iris, which works as intended for the HSM ARM/Disarm. I basically changed nothing at this point - I can confirm no alerts show in the History of HSM from panic press either.

Erase "For how long? (minutes) or set to 0, then retry.

You may want shut off all the logging reducing system overhead.

Update: Changed the documentation to hopefully prevent this in the future.

[Update] Jun 09, 2020 09:50EDT

Updated Temperature Settings

• Temperature may use 0, 1 or 2 decimals, default=1 (New Input setting)
  • Temperature adjustment changed from integer to decimal for finer control
  • Units, C or F displays on dashboard

How to Install
There is one (1) module associated with this update. Manually update, or use the Hubitat Package Manager. After installing: on each keypad device, verify and set "Temperature: number of decimals"

Driver Code

1. Centalite Keypad (V1.0.3)

Source Code and Documentation

@arnb

I think I found a bug in your hubitat package manager "packageManifest.json", it appears that you are specifying the "location" of the parent app be installed where you intended to have the "user" app's URL. This is resulting in the parent being installed twice and user not installed at all?

That was corrected. Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like