[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Hi @barryp , after double checking my code, you can try the following commands in your favorite rules engine, but I'm not sure that the Nest Web APIs will accept them:

setThermostatSettings("", ["hot_water_active": true])
OR
setThermostatSettings("", ["hot_water_active": false])

As I cannot test it myself (I'm in Canada and we don't have access to this feature), I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

Regards.

Thank you, I will give it a try

Hi, @yracine66 I thought I'd try this app out since I'm having a terrible time with my Nest recognizing either presence with home kit/or the nest app itself even with hoobs/hubitat.
Anyway, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've had a terrible time with deciphering this with ST IDE, which I tossed my ST hub a few years ago so I don't use ST at all. I finally deciphered it in using hubitat new app but for the life of me I'm getting a message on line 41 which is where my cookie is. Not sure what it doesn't like. Any thoughts?
Thanks....

Hi @ohredwood, the cookie and url need to between single quotes (as indicated in the examples above).

The variables are string so single quotes are required.

Regards

1 Like

Okay got it, and it's installed now. Did the wwn reset but trying to find tstat now

Well I'm not sure what's the story. I did get the application to install, but I don't see any sensors, mainly my thermostat to come up. I did do the WWN reset at the tstat, even did a complete reset of the thermostat, deleted the app, and reinstalled the app. Not sure.

Comes up under logging but that's just each time I try to run the program it's generating that I guess.
Update....And just like that now I see it avail

Hi, you'd need to reset your tstat with the WWN option.

See my previous post.

However, if you don't see any sensors, it may be that your cookie is not valid.

Make sure to follow all the steps (and the screenshots) at the wiki to extract the right cookie.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2314:_My_Next_devices_are_not_updating_or_my_auth_tokens_are_lost

Regards

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that new version of MyNextTstat (v3.6) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:

https://ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

• The new version of MyNextTstat (v3.6) corrects the supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes attributes in order for them to be compatible with Hubitat's dashboards.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing device's code under the IDE and save

• Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the UI presentation adds the following commands for controlling your HVAC:

• setTargetHumidity: to control your humidity inside your home via your dehumidifier/humidifier connected to Nest
    • setHotWaterBoost: to set a boiler's hotWaterBoost timer in minutes (Europe)
    • Nest Home or Away: to set your Nest structure to Home or Away.
    • setThermostatFanSchedule: to create fan schedules at your tstat
    • setThermostatFanTimer: to set the fan timer in minutes
    • setDualFuelBreakpointTemp: if you have dualFuel/alt/emergency heating, you can set the breakpoint temperature for switching to dualFuel/alt/emergency heating
    • setDualFuelBreakpointMode: You can set the following mode for alt/emergency/dual heating: "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_ALT" or "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_PRIMARY". This command allows finer control of your dualFuel/alt/emergency heating.

MyNextTstat (p1)

MyNextTstat (p2)

MyNextAlarm For Protects

MyNextSensor with new capabilities (switch on/off to make it active/inactive)

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.6, MyNextTstatV3.6, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects), MyNextSensor V3 are available at my store:

https://ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore
Regards

website no workie....

Thnx, it's been corrected.

1 Like

The thermostat's function no longer works at all. It will always show 0 thermostats. However, protects and other sensors show no problem. Connection logs show it finds a thermostat, but it never puts the ID into the array. This is a coding problem.

Hi, it does work as many Nest users including myself have been running several instances of MyNextManager at home with a C7 hub for the last 3 years.

Please refer to my previous post

However, if your tstat comes from a partner such as a utility, it won't work. And, it only works with the Nest branded tstats.

Regards

This is a Nest Learning Thermostat directly from Google. I have tried to remove from Google Home and re-add. It still shows 0. With verbose logging enabled it shows the thermostat, but the code is not adding the thermostat's ID to the array. This appears to be a coding problem from what I have seen. Maybe Google changed something on their end?

Log shows the thermostat was found, but is never added to the array and it always says 0 thermostats are found. Other people here have the same problem.

This is the one I have: https://store.google.com/us/product/nest_learning_thermostat_3rd_gen?hl=en-US

Hi, it needs to be a Nest branded tstat, not a Google one.

You need to be able to reset it with the WWN option at the unit. Also, you'd need to add it to the Nest app.

Send me your detailed logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com and I will look into it.

Regards

It is in the Nest app. What is the difference between Nest and Google? Google owns Nest and has firmware updated all devices to have the Google branding, even the original older ones that used to say Nest on them now say Google on their boot-loader.

The thermostat shows up in the Nest app. Also in the logs I see it says "thermostats:1" so it appears it is finding it.

Hi,

The recent tstats are no longer branded as Nest thermostats but are now Google branded tstats, and are accessible from the Google home app, not the Nest app.

Moreover, like I replied to you in my last post, just send me your logs to where you're trying to add your tstat to services@maisonsecomatiq.com, and I will see what I can do.

I cannot help you without the detailed logs.

Regards

Oh ok I wasn't aware of that.
My Thermostat is showing in Nest app and Google Home app. Both show it.
I can send you detailed logs, anything specific you're looking for?

cookiep1 start with '1P_JAR=2022-11-28-06;'
now. Do I need to include this?

Like I said, all other devices are syncing and communicating properly, only the thermostat isn't showing up.

All I need for the moment is your detailed logs when you're trying to add the tstat.

Regards

The info is very specific and gives away quite a bit of data. What log level do you need minimum?

Like I wrote earlier, I'd like to have the detailed logs (level=5), just when you're trying to add the tstat.

You can send me the excerpts, no need to send anything unrelated to your tstat.