[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Hi, your experience is strictly related to the Nest app, not my code.

I've not experienced any issue within the Nest app when I did my own migration as I was using a distinct email address before with my Nest account.

As you said yourself: Probably from using the same Google account that I had previously linked to Nest in the google home app.

Regards.

1 Like

Just purchased the MyNext Manager and went through the steps to log in. I questioned the login info, but received “login>google auth success, jsonMap“ followed by a long string. When I loaded the App into my Hubitat, I go through the steps but when “Select Your Nest Thermostat(s) to be exposed to Hubitat” appears, it shows O found. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Any further steps that I should try? Thanks

Hi, Refer to

Two Nest Learning Smart WiFi Thermostats. One came with the purchase of new A/C equipment and other purchased from Best Buy. Third thermostat is a Nest Smart Programmable WiFi thermostat from Best Buy. None are showing up. Should they show up immediately? I’ve let it run for 10 minutes or so and nothing shows up. Thanks for your help

Hi again, did you try to reset each thermostat according to the instructions in my last post?

Refer to :
https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2315:_My_Nest_Tstat_doesn.27t_show_up_in_MyNextManager.27s_list_of_devices

The thermostat bought with a HVAC equipment may not work as any thermostat associated to a partner (like an utility) is linked differently than a thermostat that belongs to you.

Regards

I haven’t tried it yet. I have a number of settings in each thermostat that will be lost. Debating if it’s worth all the work. Thanks

Install went fine and found all 5 of my Nest Protect Smoke detectors. Unfortunately, the motion update is extremely slow. I noticed above that Topaz-2.7 in NA works well, but just not working well for me. Has this changed? I am in NA, Topaz-2.7, Software 3.4.1rc1.

To show how bad, I filtered on motion for the one I have downstairs. It does not get much activity because it is in a hallway but, one can see how long it takes to go from active to inactive with just a quick walk-by. And going from inactive to active when a quick walk-by takes a good minute or two to update if it updates at all:

Hi @clintonathomas1979, have you tried to change the polling interval in minutes in MyNextManager (last page)?

I don't know what kind of hub you have (C7? ) and how many devices you have on that hub, but increasing the polling would reduce any delay, but, on the other hand, may trigger some excessive events. There are also some caching options available.

In brief, there is a balance to be found according to your home configuration.

Regards

Ah, ok. Yeah, I have polling set down to 1 minute. I have just one HE, C-5. I do have a lot of devices, mixture of virtual, Zigbee, and Z-Wave. Maybe I will try playing with caching.

Ok, if your polling interval is set to 1 minute, the delay may come from the Nest APIs, and unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done in my code about it.

That stinks. Maybe I will get use out of the app in another way.

@yracine66 is there a way to turn the hot water control on/off using your integration? I see it shows if it is active or not but would like to be able to control it as well.

This is assuming the Nest API allows this kind of control.

Hi @barryp, yes, as indicated in the name of this community thread, the command is * setHotWaterBoost: to set a boiler's hotWaterBoost timer in minutes (Europe). That's the way the Nest web APIs have implemented the command.

See the 1st post of this thread for more details on the custom commands available and the documentation.

Regards

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was more looking for a way of temporarily turning off the Nest control of Hot Water, so something else can heat the hot water without the Nest trying to use the boiler to heat it at the same time.

This can be done manually in the Nest App, but I wanted to automate it.

I was aware of and use the hot water boost :slight_smile:

Regards

Hi, to my knowledge, there is no such command in the Nest web APIs.

Actually, I've already exposed everything that can be exposed by the Nest web APIs to Hubitat, so I'm afraid that this command is not available.

Regards

OK, thanks for checking, will see if I can find another workaround with the controls on my boiler.

Regards
Barry

Hi @barryp , after double checking my code, you can try the following commands in your favorite rules engine, but I'm not sure that the Nest Web APIs will accept them:

setThermostatSettings("", ["hot_water_active": true])
OR
setThermostatSettings("", ["hot_water_active": false])

As I cannot test it myself (I'm in Canada and we don't have access to this feature), I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

Regards.

Thank you, I will give it a try

Hi, @yracine66 I thought I'd try this app out since I'm having a terrible time with my Nest recognizing either presence with home kit/or the nest app itself even with hoobs/hubitat.
Anyway, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've had a terrible time with deciphering this with ST IDE, which I tossed my ST hub a few years ago so I don't use ST at all. I finally deciphered it in using hubitat new app but for the life of me I'm getting a message on line 41 which is where my cookie is. Not sure what it doesn't like. Any thoughts?
Thanks....

Hi @ohredwood, the cookie and url need to between single quotes (as indicated in the examples above).

The variables are string so single quotes are required.

Regards

1 Like