[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Physical Thermostat shows:
Nest App: Connected
Nest Weave: Connected, Remote control available.
Model: Backplate-5.26
Software Version: 2.3.51/3.1

Hi @user3532

Please don't post any logs in the forum, remove them as it's not enough anyway.

I need the whole Nest structure with all the list of devices attached to it (which includes your sensors and Protects).

If I don't have the whole structure, I won't be able to help you.

As you wrote to you in several posts above, please send the logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards

@user3532

This is the most relevant entry I found in your logs :

swarm:[REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, kryptonite.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, kryptonite.REDACTED]

I need more information about the swarm object. For the moment, all I see is 4 Protects, and 2 Nest sensors. I don't see any thermostat object in your logs that you posted. A thermostat starts with 'device.*', so your thermostat is not linked to the Nest Structure.

Please send the whole logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com with the log entries for the swarm object.

Regards.

Why would you need the ones pertaining to Protects or other sensors? Those are working fine. I sent you what was relevant for the thermostat only. I'm showing you that it's not putting the thermostat ID into the array. That is the problem. It finds it, but it's not putting it into the array. Which means it's a coding problem. Resetting the thermostat does nothing to fix it by the way, I tested that as well as you mentioned earlier.

If you look a few comments up, I'm not the only one having this problem. The code doesn't work and I'm hesitant to believe it works for anyone else unless their ID matches the filter you are using in the code for the app. Unfortunately, It clearly doesn't in my case.

Those are the only logs at max log level that even remotely pertain to the thermostat. Nothing else mentions the thermostat or the thermostat's ID.

Exactly. The thermostat only shows as mentioned in my above comment, it shows nowhere else. It does not show in the array, which means it would not show in the "swarm object" either. I have 1 thermostat, 4 protects, and 3 nest temp sensors.

Please read carefully what I wrote to you before making any judgement:

For the moment, all I see is 4 Protects, and 2 Nest sensors. I don't see any thermostat object in your logs that you posted.

A thermostat starts with 'device.*', so your thermostat is not linked to the Nest Structure.

It's clearly linked to the Nest account. It shows that it is, I sent screenshots proving it is. I reset it and set it up again just to be sure. The code clearly states 'thermostats:1'. So the connection is showing it has access to it. It is the app code which is failing to add it to the structure array.

I'm not sure what else you want from me. The logs you are looking for do not exist.
If the Thermostat is not linked to the 'Nest Structure' as you say, well, I have no idea how to do that as it clearly shows up in the Nest app, the Google Home app, and on the thermostat itself it shows it's connected to the Nest app.

So again, I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's strange that the same connection module works for everything else except for the thermostat. I would make an educated guess that the thermostat app code is the problem.

All I'm telling you is that your thermostat is not linked properly to the Nest structure based on the logs you posted.

You're saying that you have 3 Sensors and 4 Protects, all I see according to your post is 4 Protects and 2 sensors. So, clearly some log entries are missing.

IF you want me to help you, you need to send me the whole logs.

FYI, my code won't be able to
recognize your tstat and parse its attributes if there is no 'device.*' thermostat object linked to your Nest structure (contrary to many other Nest users including myself who have the thermostat linked correctly with a 'device.' entry).

There may be a thermostat, but it's not visible in the Nest structure to be parsed by my code. I need to be able to parse the whole thermostat object with all its attributes. I don't see any thermostat attributes in your logs such as 'can_heat', 'can_cold', 'target_temperature_high', 'target_temperature_low', etc..

Regards.

P.S. It happens sometimes that the Nest thermostat is not linked properly initially, and then by following the instructions below, and by resetting it with the WWN option, it appears correctly after. You have to add it to the Nest app after the reset. I understand that you may lose some of your custom settings, but it's the only workaround to make it appear in the Nest structure.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2315:_My_Nest_Tstat_doesn.27t_show_up_in_MyNextManager.27s_list_of_devices

When you say it's "not linked properly" what exactly does that mean? If it says it's connected and I can remotely manage it from the Nest app, the Google Home app, and everything else can see it - doesn't that mean the app code here is at fault?

If there is a proper way and a non-proper way to link it, can you explain each to me?

Of course it doesn't show all the protects, I accidentally put the log in there because it mentioned the thermostat, but I didn't post it for us to debate or talk about the protects as they work fine. I purposefully excluded logs that had nothing to do with the thermostat.

I spent many hours looking through logs to find everything that would be related to the thermostat. There's not much because as you said, the app code is not seeing it, but it's there.

As far as 'custom settings', I don't really care about that as I've spent the last few days deleting it from the account. fully wiping the thermostat and connecting it back. Clearly it seems that Google no longer handles the thermostat's the way you think they do. It is possible Google changed something with new enrollments as I've tried everything you stated there and it's still not showing up in the structure array.

There are also 3 nest thermostat sensors that route through the thermostat and even they show up, just not the thermostat itself.

To recap: your tstat object is not linked to the Nest structure to be parsed by my code.

Your tstat is a recent model which is not linked to the Nest structure unlike your Protects and Sensors which are linked to your structure.

I see 4 Protects (topaz objects) and 2 sensors (kryptonites), but no device (thermostat) per your own post:

topaz.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, kryptonite.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, topaz.REDACTED, kryptonite.REDACTED]

I cannot parse the thermostat object with its attributes if it doesn't appear in your structure and your logs.

As I wrote earlier:

Ok after some research, it appears your code is using WWN to pull it's information.

Unfortunately, WWN has been deprecated. Even the original Nest app dropped WWN support and removed it as an option from the app.

Meaning even if you reset WWN on the thermostat (which I did already seven times), it will always relink via the Nest app but not via WWN anymore.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this previously, but I migrated my account from Nest to Google a few years ago.

Mentioned: "You may be able to reset your thermostat’s Works with Nest connection. This option is available for Nest thermostats in the US and Canada, and if you haven’t migrated to a Google Account."

More information: Troubleshoot a Works with Nest connection - Android - Google Nest Help

The option to Reset WWN connection does appear on the thermostat, but it is essentially doing nothing.

My account had been migrated to Google for 3 years but my thermostat works perfectly fine with this integration. I set this integration up over the summer and had worked flawless since then. I only have a thermostat and 3 temp sensors.

Weird because I just talked to a Google engineer who specifically told me that the WWN server is entirely shut down and the Nest app which is in the AppStore on both iPhone and Android no longer use the old server names. Everything uses Google API or Google URI. No more WWN, it's been shut down since August 2021.

I can guarantee you that if you remove your thermostat, you will not be able to add it back in a way that this add-on app to Hubitat will work.

Go ahead, try it... I dare ya :wink:

Just an FYI - I think Hubitat needs to remove at least the Thermostat portion of this integration from this forum and not allow it to be sold.

It plainly, does not work.

Don't believe me? I'm going to upload the conversation I had with the Google Engineer.

Also, if you still are not convinced, check these previous posts out:

This is a third party developer’s code. I’m not sure if that’s feasible.

2 Likes

Well, you miss the last update for some users...

Update....And just like that now I see it avail

So, my code works for old Nest thermostats, maybe not the most recent ones with the latest firmware (up to about a month ago it was still working). You can imagine that I don't test my code
for every new batch of Nest thermostats (HW/firmware) that is released on the market...

As per another Nest user who just responded to your posts:

P. S. I do provide some support via email, and you don't always see the end results in the forum as most users don't post their logs for data confidentiality reasons.

1 Like

I removed the device and integration completely and re-added it with a new token and it works fine for me.

Like I said I moved to Google years ago instead of a nest account.

My thermostat and Nest Temperature Sensors are 3 years old though.

1 Like

With the announcement from Google that they are fully shutting down Works with Nest on Sept 30th, does this include logging in with our Nest account for your integration app? Just checking if I need to finally switch my Nest account to Google? Or is this only 3rd party integrations?

1 Like

Hi @3rdStng, yes it looks like my integration will no longer work end of September.

What's annoying is that there is a lot retired Nest hardware as well including Nest Secure and Nest cams... I was quite happy with my Nest cams and I consider that's really planned obsolescence from Google again.

I will soon update my store accordingly.
Regards