[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

The Tuya OTA files are challenging to obtain, normally these are not provided by the manufacturers.
The URLs for the OTA images available for some other models on GitHub seem to be sniffed using a proxy server setup on a Linux machine... I have never tried that.

2 Likes

Just noticed (hey, it's early here!) that all the update does is allow control of the blue blinky light. Have I got that right or is there a longer list just not displayed?

If it's just about the blue light not concerned at all...

You could probably just set a switch port to duplicate the traffic that is going to a TUYA hub, plug a Wireshark I to that port, and then have the hub update the sensor. You should be able to see the URL to the OTA files that way.

I would happily do it but I don't have a TUYA hub..

Yes, this update only enables option to turn on/off the blue light.

1 Like

Yes, it's the same device...
Moes will need to push the firmware, I guess.
The option is there just not enabled at present.

2 Likes

I'm generally a serial updater, but don't really need that so it's good to be able to relax in the face of an available FW update. My sponsor will be proud of me. :wink:

5 Likes

If anyone is looking for a Tuya hub, I would suggest getting one of the new hubs w/ Matter Bridge support - like this one. Supposedly it has the same firmware as the more expensive Zemismart M1 .

3 Likes

Clicked the link but it wont let me purchase even tho it says its in stock

EDIT..NM its because I am in Canada, doesnt ship to my address

There are more and more sellers on AliExpres offering Tuya Matter Gateway hubs, like this one. Or, you can search for 'Matter Gateway' on the AE website; I see at least 10 different sellers' products.

This is the Zemismart M1 hub listed on Amazon .ca

2 Likes

Bwahahaha! Sorry, fat fingered that. Should have read as “things returned to normal”

1 Like

I actually don't show an update for my Linptech on a tuya hub yet. It's currently paired to the Matter hub though. Maybe it makes a different. I'm still on 1.0.5.

My Linptech & Moes senors are now all connected to the Zemismart matter hub bridge, as it is easy to test and fine tune the sensors in Smart Life app (also has offline alert, so I have health check!)
I received the alert for Linptech sensor in Smart Life.
One thing to note is that this Linptech sensor recently purchased from Aliexpress does not have the Linptech logo, it is totally blank!

Huh. I'm on the Zemismart matter bridge also and its not showing an update. I wonder Id I need an account vs running as guest.

It's probably something to do with different vendors modifying the firmware in some way, i'd guess?
Maybe worth writing to your seller and enquire when the latest firmware will be released.

It's an Amazon Linptech. I'd assime all of those are the same. Perhaps firmware updates are polled from the Hub on some interval...

1 Like

Firmware update now received for 3no. Moes version...

1 Like

If my Zemismart M1 hub has received the update too, I will try to sniff the new command and add it first to the 4-in-1 driver.

Hopefully, the OTA update file will appear on GitHub some weeks later, then we can make it available for update via Hubitat as well.

10 Likes

My Linptech firmware update finally arrived on the M1 this morning. Must be a scheduled polling thing. Happy that light is off. Blinkin' smurfy.

1 Like

what's a 3no? :wink:

1 Like

:grin:
It's the quantity I own:
Moe's radar x3
Linptech radar x1
Tuya 5Ghz radars x3 micro usb, and x1 usb-c
New version of Tuya 24Ghz radar - en route from China :joy:

1 Like