[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Two of my devices use those tiny phone USB chargers. (5vdc 1A) The third plugs into an in-wall outlet with 3 USB connectors. The unit I returned was using the phone charger and its replacement is using the same.

1 Like

The standard USB plug I generally use. I'm using it on all three of my Linptech's (as well as other devices like SonOff dongles, etc.) 5V 2.1A. Never had a device failure on any other devices connected to these plugs.

I've swapped in one of my spare plugs and will let the Linptech run on that and see if I get a repeat. The sensor was installed for about 5-6 weeks or so before this happened.

I generally look at ratings counts in amazon... Wow, 64k+ ratings. Not sure I've ever noticed that many ratings.

Just considering all the variables. Cord, supply, firmware version...

Yeah, and w/93% 4/5 stars at that rating count, it's super solid.

Yup. Power supply has been swapped, so leaving other variables as they are for now. Cord came off another use where it had been for a year or so, so that should be solid. FW is the most current we've seen on these sensors (and I believe the version most/all of us have), so that's more of a constant.

Same here on one of three.
Powered by outlet with built in USBC support and 4inch cable.
Room has motion sensor and this. Realized it was not working properly when light went off while I was sitting still.

1 Like

Interesting. My blue lights light on movement. It's very common they are off when objects are sitting still. They continue to work normally and I think this is expected behavior.

My experience with 3 of them doesn't match yours... For me, I see the blue led pulsing throughout a presence. I have one in the Master Bath intended to replace an Iris v2 Motion Sensor that is mounted high above the shower, pointing down'ish. I mounted it so high, due to moisture fears, that changing its battery is just enough to make it worth a $30 replacement :smiley:

This Human Presence detector is mounted such that late at night, when the lights aren't bright, the Blue LED is quite visible and pulsing.

Exactly how I discovered mine wasn't reporting. Two motion sensors in the automation, Linptech and Iris v2. Iris was still working, so light turned on, but since Linptech wasn't working, light kept going off when I sat still for a while. Checked events and Linptech had stopped reporting.

1 Like

For example, I'm sitting at a desk pretty still. The device is pointed at me functioning correctly. It not lit. The difference I believe is motion vs presence. Light on motion trigger.

That must be a feature/option that the stripped-down driver I'm using doesn't support because I get the Blue LED the entirety of Presence.

I'm using v1.4. Firmware 1.0.5.

Same v1.4

I'm also using @gassgs' driver (v1.4.0 w/updated Fade time settings) w/FW 1.0.5. It's been a while, but my memory of when I was testing is similar to what @JumpJump says - the blue light flashes w/movement, but doesn't keep flashing if movement stops but the sensor is still sensing presence. After the sensor times out, any new motion triggers the flash again. The sensors that are in spaces I use are mounted behind me on a wall so they aren't in a position where I would notice if something has changed w/that behavior, or if my memory is just faulty (happens all the time).

Now I'm curious about this (and the fallibility of my memory), so I'm going to pull one from its spot and do some testing after the dogs have been fed and settle down.

To clarify I meant the controlled ceiling light went off when I sat still.

OK, seems like I have faulty memory, or (possibly?) something changed w/the stripped down driver from the original one. I think possibly more likely the former? :wink:

Tested twice this AM. I set up the sensor facing away from me w/three pie tins behind it, and set up a mirror at an angle so I could see the front of the sensor from behind it. Confirmed I could not trigger motion from behind it by moving, waving, etc. Set Fade time to 60s and triggered motion by waving my hand in front of the sensor. After initial sensor flash indicating motion sensed (and related active status updates on Device page/dashboard) the sensor continued to flash every ~4 to 5s until the 60s Fade time ended, w/out any additional motion.

Turned it around to face me, and triggered it and sat very still, and same ~4 to 5s flash interval. However, in this case it did not time out at the Fade setting and just kept flashing, as it correctly sensed my continued presence.

So it appears the continuous flashing you referred to is happening, at least w/the stripped down driver in my testing. My previous belief that the sensor was flashing when it sensed motion doesn't match up, given the very consistent flash intervals and complete lack of motion during my testing. The repeated flashing does appear to be coming from new motion events if you are facing the sensor and moving about, which is my very good excuse for thinking that. :wink:

Whats your fade time set at?

Good test.

For me, I've never seen one of these not flashing :smiley: Schrodenger's Cat... my looking at it means I am in range and that means it's detected me and it's flashing. In fact, that's how I got suspicious of that 3rd one that I swapped out... I was crossing the room and it wasn't blinking at me.. I paused, no blinks, hand waving, no blinks. Power cycled, yep, blinks. The secondtime I caught it not working, it got sent back. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yea, I maybe would not go by the blue lights. That's why during testing I set up a rule to make an announcement on presence and then lack of presence so I could fine tune the device settings. It's not going to sparkle at you like an xmas tree when you wave furiously. It's going to flash once.

1 Like

The LED didn't cause me to reach a conclusion. The LED caused me to become suspicious and I looked at logs and so on. I told it, after the power cycle, it had consumed it's "one forgivable error... one more time and back you go." Same result the second time about 7-10 days later. Logs showed it hadn't reported anything in 27 hours and that sending Config/Init from the Device Info page didn't generate debug logs. Threat fulfilled :smiley: back it went. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s my scenario also. Haven’t had a second time yet!

1 Like