[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Look in the Current States section and you'll see the updated setting. The setting drop down does not change to the current setting.

2 Likes

Actually it was my mistake, I was clicking on Save Preferences. Got used to the built-in driver even after using it for just a few hours.

Another question, it seems that illuminance is updated every 10 minutes. Even when I'm sure it changed significantly (like turning a light on at night), way before that threshold period.
Is there a way to change that or is it a limitation of the device?

What is your Lux Threshold set to? Experiment with different values.

It is set to 1.

Lux=illuminance...

If set to 1 it should be triggered very easily. I don't use lux so have never tested it...

I have edited the top post, changing the links to the alternative new driver :

2 Likes

Can you add back in the SetMotion function that was in the 4-1 driver? I used it when the cats enter the room and set off another motion detector to turn the lights on (faster in getting lights on for anyone entering the room) and with the Presences Sensor will not register I would have to use a rule to set motion to active. I then use another rule to turn off the lights after 3 minutes of not active.

Thanks for all your work on the mmWave Sensors. I have really improved most of my lighting routines because of them.

1 Like

I ended up just making myself a crappy little stand to hide behind my media cabinet doors so that I could better angle the device downward and avoid motion events from my ceiling fan. It's not the prettiest but it does the job.

3 Likes

I'm not sure if this is a driver issue, but my five Linptech presence sensors all stopped reporting yesterday. Under events, they all say "Updated to version 3.2.2 2024/06/04 8:36 PM (null null) (C-8 Pro 2.3.9.154)." After that, there are no more motion events reported, so that "update" seems to have caused them to fail.

I tried power cycling, as well as changing back to the 4-in-1 driver, but no change.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

The C8 can't update the Linptech sensors FW (not yet, anyway), and the current Linptech FW version is 1.0.5, so so not sure exactly what that message means.

Post a screenshot of your events page.

Tagging @kkossev about this mysterious update...

Screenshot of events:

If it helps, here are the state variables:

And here is another example from a different Linptech presence sensor. It actually looks like the sensors stopped reporting motion on 6/15, then went offline on 6/16, and then show that update on 6/18.

I have a love/hate relationship with these things :sweat_smile:, but I decided to get a second one this week for my wife's office room -- it came from Amazon with 1.0.6 installed, so I was pretty stoked about that! LED off, yes please -- thank you, @kkossev :+1:

I'm putting this one on a smart plug with a weekly reboot schedule.

2 Likes

Special guy gets a special Linptech! :wink: A weekly reboot has solved my issues on the one that was troublesome, hopefully for you as well, and it's easy to adjust that reboot period if necessary.

1 Like

I assume that has to be a driver update in your Events, though I don't remember seeing those in device events in the past (but never looked for them). Which driver are you using?

Drivers do not help or hurt a device's stability on a hub (unless they are very badly behaved) so I would not expect that to contribute to your problems unless there was a significant issue w/the driver.

I'm using the Tuya Zigbee mmwave sensor driver. I have also tried the Tuya 4-in-1 sensor driver. Both worked fine previously.

Edit:
Whatever the issue was, resetting and re-pairing has fixed things.

1 Like

I am using two of these sensors so far and they work great!
One thing though....
When I run a firmware update on my HE hub (C8 pro), motion is not detected and my automations do not run UNTIL I cycle power on the sensors. Then things start working again.
I have noticed this after several updates..... motion is not detected until I cycle power on the sensors.
Very strange!
Here is a screenshot of the detector's data:

Thought I would add to this...
I just tried a reboot of the hub and the sensors still work ok.

Was this a repeatable issue whenever your sensors were plugged in?

It sounds like your router is using DFS and changes channels to avoid interfering with a licensed radar transmission. If DFS is turned on, the router may occasionally change channels unprompted by the user, but it will typically warn that it had to make a channel change, as required by the WiFi spec when DFS channels are in use.

The term radar is likely to be a coincidence. As @Ken_Fraleigh mentioned, why would a 24 GHz sensor device interfere with your 5 GHz WiFi router?

1 Like

It DID make a warning and changed channels - and it affected my wifi performance. I've tried this twice now - the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze I am putting them aside for now.

Sorry if this info is somewhere in this long thread, I couldn't find it:
So this driver doesn't seem to give the "presence" capability to the device, right?
So when I create rules in the RM, what is the best way to use it? I don't want to program rules relying only on motion, but on presence instead.

With respect to all of these various mmW sensors, motion is still the attribute (just like PIR sensors)... The attribute of "presence" is still exclusively used for Home-vs-Away geofencing-sorta stuff.

Maybe that all will change someday on the future as mmW sensors gain in popularity, but it would be a pretty big seismic change to introduce some kind of third attribute that's related to mmW-presence versus geofence-pressence.

3 Likes