[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors) w/ healthStatus

The Tuya 4 In 1 driver does not send events for an attribute ‘notPresentCounter’ or ‘last update’ … are you using some of Markus’s drivers?

no its yours.. i added last update. and i saw your driver set a state.notpresentcounter and modified it to set the attribute in the same place.. ie.

1 Like

so back to the issue it would appear the device driver was getting some messages but not motion etc. so would you recommend something maybe turning on debugging next time to see what messages it is getting to figure out what weird state the device gets into where the light flashes and messages come through but not motion, etc.?

or maybe just change my rule to toggle the switch to reboot the device as a workaround.., but it would be nice to figure out what is really going on first before i do that.

1 Like

OK, I can add these 'notPresentCounter' and 'lastUpdate' attributes as an option in a future update of this driver. By default, the new option will be disabled.

Have in mind, that any event that is sent while the device is actually offline (no communication to the HE hub) will re-trigger 'LastActivityAt' device property, which is used in the DeviceActivityCheck app :

This shouldn't be a problem for these devices that use the 4-In-1 driver, as the Device Activety Check app can also be triggered by the healthStatus attribute change.

Yep, just turn the Debug logs on at the time when you notice the same issue.
The debug logs will turn off automatically after 24 hours ( not the usual 30 minutes as used in most of the other drivers - 30 minutes period is too small to include the events that we need).

1 Like

I did not know about the limitation. It might ultimately be better to have a driver for mmWave sensors only.

3 Likes

I have started working on a new dedicated Zigbee mmWave Sensors driver. The bigger challenge is how to make a smooth transition from this 4-in-1 driver into the new one, but I have a few ideas to try.

6 Likes

I have two of these MS01. Put in new batteries and they report 3V AND 100%.

Problem is they seem to trip when no motion. Not very often, but one had a pattern of almost exactly every 2 hours and seemed to coincide with the battery report.

Using 4-in-1 driver. Any thoughts?

Hey @kkossev, thank you so much for this repo! Very grateful for the fantastic work!

I had a small doubt regarding this device:
Tuya Zigbee Smart Human Body Sensor 24GHz Radar Detector (Model: TS0601)

I purchased a couple of these and the manufacturer is different (_TZE204_kyhbrfyl, not _TZE204_kapvnnlk). Additionally, it doesn't seem to be reporting presence, distance, humanMotionState (none, small_move, large_move), and battery level as stated in the table above.

In fact, mine only has the following attributes:

healthStatus : online
motion : active
powerSource : dc

Also seems to be a bit glitchy for the lack of a better term. I presently have it under a pillow in a different room with no one in the room with it and it's inexplicably active.

Any advice on how I ought to proceed? Should I return these?

Misc information from the device page:

State Variables

• deviceProfile : UNKNOWN
  • packetID : 0
  • rxCounter : 220
  • unknownDPs : [11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 101]
  • driverVersion : 1.6.8 2023/11/20 1:13 PM
  • txCounter : 438
  • notPresentCounter : 0
  • motionStarted : 2024-04-15 22:15:38.332
  • tuyaDPs : {11=[0, 1, 13], 1=[0, 1, 13], 12=[5, 4, 7], 13=[600, 4, 7], 101=[100, 4, 7], 15=[4, 4, 7], 16=[4, 4, 7], 19=[50, 4, 122]}
1 Like

I suppose it is a new manufacturer of this device :

To make it work, simply select the TS0601_KAPVNNLK_RADAR Device Profile and save the preferences :

I will add the new fingerprint in the next driver update.

1 Like

That seems to have fixed it, @kkossev - thank you so much! Had three follow up questions if you don't mind:

First, should I plug batteries into this? It has the slots for 2 AAs but I'm not sure if they're required since I'm already powering it using a USB C cable.

Second, should it be reporting distance as well? It's presently reporting the following attributes:

Current States

• fadingTime : 60
  • healthStatus : online
  • humanMotionState : large_move
  • maximumDistance : 4.0
  • motion : active
  • powerSource : dc
  • radarSensitivity : 5

Third, is there a way to adjust the fading time for this device? I tried changing my preferences but that doesn't seem to have updated. Should I hit "configure" after?

Thank you in advance - grateful for all your help!

You don’t need batteries, they are intended to be used as a backup only. The mmWave sensors consume significant power, I suppose the batteries will be depleted quickly.

The distaste reporting is disabled by default. There is an option to enable it, but have in mind that this will make the device rather chatty. Except you really want to use the distance reports in RM5 automations, it is usually better to leave it disabled.

When you change a preference, click on the ‘Save preferences’ button only. Can you successfully change other settings, like sensitivity or maximum distance?

1 Like

@aahanmohan please hold on, I see now that the preferences for this radar are missing, probably something got broken for this device is the latest driver version.

I will notify you when I have it fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Cool, won't bother with the batteries in that case

Oh, didn't realise it would have that big an impact. I wanted to use it to restrict the range to prevent some ceiling fans from interfering with the signal but that's not really that important and I don't plan on using it for anything else so I guess I'll just skip it for now.

This didn't work for any of the attributes the last time I used it, shall I try again?

Sweet! For what it's worth, the motion and humanMotionState seem to be working. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out in any way!

Hi @aahanmohan ,

Please update the driver to the latest dev.branch version 1.8.1 '2024/04/16 10:34 PM'

I think that I have found and fixed the bug in the previous versions. After the driver update, refresh the device web page (F5) You should see this model preferences now.

It is better to try to avoid the interfering moving objects (like the ceiling fan) by aiming the radar lower, toward the floor. Also, decrease the sensitivity parameters to the minimum needed to detect a human standing still.

3 Likes

I'm looking to buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFHL81P8?th=1 which is listed above. Will I need to install the driver, or is this natively compatible with Hubitat C-8 now?

For the same price you can buy the Linptech sensor that we know is compatible and has a built in driver.

If you want 5.8G, these work well. I have 6 that have never needed a power cycling. I have used the 4-in-1 previously (not the native HE driver), but now I join via Matter from the Zemismart hub.

For 24G, there are multiple options ... Linptech being one, although they sometimes require power cycling (3 of my 7 do).

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @kkossev , don't see it on HPM - will it be added later?

@kkossev

The following device works with: deviceProfile : TS0601_TUYA_RADAR (Tuya Human Presence mmWave Radar ZY-M100)

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 4A
  • manufacturer: _TZE204_ztqnh5cg
  • model: TS0601
  • tuyaVersion: 1.0.10

Thanks for all your effort getting Tuya Zigbee devices working in Hubitat. You custom drivers run a good proportion of my device network.

1 Like