[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

Driver:
1.1.0 - 11/18/20 - Changed boolean to bool

Thanks Brian. Did Life360 ever fix their API when returning the place name under address1 attribute?

No idea, I never look at the attributes and I no longer use HE dashboards. Everything is automated and then the few times I need to do something manual, I just use Google Home. Much quicker. :wink:

@bptworld
I am not sure if something has changed in Life360 Tracker. What I have found is that the StatusTile1 only updates it's info if a place change takes place. For example I have been home since 5pm it is now 12:02 am but it says the last update was 5pm and it shows my phone battery as 61% but is is only 18%. If I open the Life360 app on my phone all the info looks correct?

1 Like

Haven't changed anything in a while. Added to the list of things to look into.

Thanks

@bptworld and @greglsh - I traced the issue to a misplaced closing curly brace on a conditional in the Location Tracker driver.

Basically, the condition for the newly added Max GPS Jump logic in line:

334 if(newDistance >= theJump) {

should conclude in line:
350 }

and the following curly brace removed to ensure state updates are not dependent on location changes:

386 }

LMK if any questions, Thanks for all the work put into this!
Avi

2 Likes

@bptworld - I've noticed the same.

@9369292f1992a7d0e654 - thanks for posting! This fixed the issue for me too.

New version on Github...

Driver:
1.1.1 - 11/22/20 - Fix by Avi (@9369292f1992a7d0e654). Thank you!

3 Likes

Yeah, I cannot figure out how to add a place as well.
Has a dropdown list that is empty.
Help?

Places are added in the Parent app.

Okay. Got that! Thanks. I guess I am going to have to research a lot more, such as how to add dashboard tiles for it.
All I can see in the device list is Life360 Refresh; should there be more?
Can you direct me to a set of instructions on how to get this working?

Lot's of info in my Docs folder on GitHub. Link in first post.

Always make sure you have data before trying to add to dashboard. Once their is data within the device, then add the device to the dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks again! I'm in a much better place.
How did you get the tile with multi lines?
I cannot see that option in attributes

I think you're talking about the tile created in Life360 with States? :wink:

That is correct! And I just figured it out. Took me a little bit. I'm a bit slow.

1 Like

I just downloaded and install the 360 tracker and in my places it auto populated my home and under my radius shows 250 but in the app I have a 415 ft zone should they be the same? I assuming that my radius is using ft. for measurement. Thanks

You'll have to take a screenshot and show me what you're talking about. The Places that pre-populate don't show radius.

Here you go, Home was automatically put in for me? My Radius show 250?

Nope, those are all put it manually. Not pre-populated. Put in whatever values you want.

Also note, there is no reason to put in Home. It will be pulled from the Life360 app.

I'm not having much luck with this app, is there an "installation for dummies" guide?

I'm using the Life360 free version. I installed the app with Package Manager, that went well. But when I create the child app it only list my phone. My wife has Life360 on her phone and we're in the same "Circle". But it only shows my phone in the "Select Life360 User Device". It has also never asked me for a Life360 user name and password, or any information about my Life360 account so I don't know how it is suppose to pull location information from it.

Yea, a 'for dummies guide", with an overview of how this works, would help. I think I'm a little dense on this one.