[RELEASE] IRIS v1 KeyPad Driver

I missed that post that's a v2 keypad. The builtin driver works some of those keypads have a alternate firmware and the sounds dont work with the internal driver. On those the v3 driver might work better. I need to make a driver to fix the sound on these

This is the part of the code I ported from birds like wires. for the UK iris devices.
birdslikewires
Part of the standard is it does ranging on a schedule. and it has a silent mode but I haven't played with the silent mode. . The ranging I believe is required to stay connected.

Iris debug mode
Here is the link to the iris debug mode to login to the HUB, I haven't worked on it yet.
"Iris hubs can be accessed via SSH to enable full root level access to your local hub environment for development. Debug access is enabled by attaching a specially configured USB dongle to the hub's USB port and then rebooting the hub."

1 Like

Great driver! Got a few of these collecting dust, nice to be able to use them again!

I paired up one (firmware 2012-06-11) which seems to work fine.

However, when I press the Partial button, the keypad always arms away. This caused a bit of a panic in the house! I traced the issue to a few calls to MyarmAway staring at line 1469. Changing these to MyarmHome makes the keypad work great!

Thanks again for making this work!

In the device settings, under "Preferences," did you set "Partial Button/Customize Partial Button" to "Arm Home" or "Arm Night?" On mine, Partial arms night. I have not had it arm away when the Partial button is pressed. Just for info, I have the # and * buttons set to "Disabled."

I also have # and * Disabled, and Partial set to Arm Home. I wonder if the different firmware is causing a different status to be reported to the driver?

I'm not able to comment on firmware. @mike.maxwell would have the technical background to comment. I would hope that this driver could be incorporated as an official driver. I like the way the Iris V1 keypad works better than the V2. I can't comment on the V3 because I don't have one.

I don't recall the V1 devices being able to update firmware, and obviously we don't have an image for them.

@mike.maxwell But what do you think of adopting this driver as an official Iris V1 device driver? I am thankful that @iris was able to get this working. It is something I had hoped for since I moved to Hubitat Elevation from Iris when that platform was shut down by Lowe's.

We don't as a policy support publishing community drivers with the hub updates.
We're happy there is a community driver for this device, but that's where it's going to have to remain.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

Yes Iris only had 2 arming modes away,partial we have 3. So I added a option in the driver to customize. partial can be home or night. On is away. if you want to use all 3 modes star and pound need to be set up.

Here we dont use the home mode only away and night.

The firmware in the pad treats star and pound as function buttons just like on and part. Iris never used them they were likely for expansion. I used them as a 3rd arming function.

Also if you check your button manager you can program the keypad buttons to run routines.
I use key 1 to turn off my outside lights. Pressing a key once triggers a button and not a pin.

Ok I see what your talking about there was a bug from when I removed the customize option for the ON button and the code got copied wrong into partial. I never use home so I didn't notice.

1 Like

Is there updated code available or is it something that can be done by just editing the code here? I also don't use home, so it isn't urgent for me. However, it is good to squash those bugs.

I just started reclaiming all my Iris V1 (Alert.Me devices) my V1 Keypad has this version: * reportToDev : Report Unknown firmware [2012-06-08] - Seems to be working fine.

@iris , Is it possible to use the * and# buttons for other uses? I'd like to assign them functions like cancel hsm alerts or turn off a light.

I think I looked into that right at first buttons 1 - 10 can be remapped to anything using the button controller. But those are function keys. When you press them it starts a internal routine in the keypad to start polling looking for arm status. The HUB has to reply with a state or the batteries will just run down polling. Replying with the state flashes the OFF or ON buttons and beeps.

I can map them to button 11 and 12 but the hub will send the state after you press them flashing OFF ON or PART. That might work I can just assign a button # to all the rest of the function keys.

1 Like

Sir, not only have you revived an old dead device, but you have done so with amazing functionality. This driver is incredible, exposing tons of options and the most complete device info I've ever seen.
Once I saw your driver I immediately grabbed a new keypad off ebay for $17.00 shipped.

I think @arnb might be interested in this

At the moment I'm busy working on my Dew Point app and staying cool.

When I get some time I will look at this. Meanwhile, feel free to incorporate the V1 code into Nyckelharpa's keypad driver.

Thanks Arn.
For those of you unaware, Nyckelharpa is an HSM add-on and makes HSM 1000X better...trust me, you'll thank me later

2 Likes

I finally got to install your driver and the iris v1 keypad works GREAT! One silly question- does the keypad buttons light up in the dark if there is motion like the Iris ver 2 keypad does? Nice feature when your coming into a dark room. Thanks sooooo much again for bringing back to life a great product! Tony