[RELEASE] IRIS v1 KeyPad Driver

I'm having kind of a weird issue. Tried pairing a second V1 Keypad and it keeps wanting to pair as a Iris Care Pendant? Tried it on yet another keypad and same thing.

Mine did that when I paired it. Just go into the Device Page and change the Type to IRIS V1 KB.

1 Like

I did do that, but I swear my first keypad I paired, actually paired as a V1 Keypad. Just wanted to share a possible bug.

The care pendant uses the same iris cluster 00C0 . The hub may be looking at that.
Im not sure that Auto detection is possible with iris since its device data is stored in a different cluster. It predates the standard. When I run fingerprint detection with the ZigBee tool all I get back is what I set in memory with my driver. It cant detect the type. Its likely the hub has its own driver detection for iris.

You have to set each button on how you want it to arm in the driver. Part,On,*,# can be set to home night or away.

What does the log say when it send the HSM command. I have 2 hubs but I dont share the keypads. The HSM command is send direct to the HSM and if the HSM arms then the keypad arms. I dont think that will be shared with the other hub unless you are syncing modes and HSM status. The HSM docs tell nothing about how the driver should work only how a APP should arm and that's the command I am using. I will have to look at this some more.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

In the device Preferences, I do have it set to arm Away for On and Night for Part. However, it does not work. I have not tried to arm away as we have the presence with the keyfobs for that.

When I press Partial, the Off light lights up and it has a light button press beep. I armed the HSM with the Dashboard, then entered the code for disarming. The Iris V1 keypad disarmed, but the HSM did not.

The HSM is on my C7 hub. The Iris V1 Keypad is on my C5 hub. I am using Hub Mesh. I have all my Iris V1 devices on the C5 hub as I found it to be more reliable this way.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Everything else seems to work.

On the device page, there are options that I have no idea of what they do or if they are needed. For example, what is "Ranging" and should it be enabled? What is "Quiet Mode and is it for stopping the beeping while arming? If so, it does not seem to be working.

Edit: I would like to set the keypad to not do the arming beep when setting to partial/night. Sounding the beeps when arming for Away is fine, but I don't need to hear the beeps when arming at bedtime.

Not there yet, but I'm making progress. :grin:

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.51.34 PM

1 Like

Okay. This is what I have found. I removed the keypad from the C5 hub and reset it. Then I installed it on the C7 hub which is where the HSM app is located. Now the buttons work to set the alarm, but not fully correctly.

Example: Press Partial button to set to night.
Expected result: HSM arms to night and keypad switches lit button from Off to Partial and sounds the "armed" beeps.

Actual result: HSM starts arming process, but does not complete. It stays in "system arming night" and does not finish arming. Light on V1 Keypad changes to "Partial" but the arming beeps continue to sound. Device page shows keypad armed, but dashboard icon continues to show "arming night." Entering code and hitting "Off" stops the beeping and puts the keypad back in disarmed. Beeps stop and disarmed chime sounds. HSM reverts to Disarmed. Keypad blinks Off, then reverts to Partial. Entering code and hitting Off again disarms the keypad and the keypad shows Off and sounds the disarmed chime.

Use Dashboard icon to set to night: Iris V1 keypad follows state of HSM properly.

I realized that I had a leftover virtual driver from Hub Mesh. I deleted that and rebooted the hub. The behavior described above did not change.

So, it seems the keypad is good to listen, but not necessarily workable at the moment.

Try enabling the "Require Valid PIN to ARM" option.

1 Like

That worked! Thanks.

Wow that Should not happen- I will look at that you should be able to arm with no pin.
All of this has been rewritten in v 4.6. Arming delays different for each mode now work.
Also before if you disarmed while arming after the delay it would arm. fixed.

I rewrote all that code try the update and see what it does now.
It all works differently now. It doesn't wait for the HSM to tell it what to do.
It does a arm cycle and if the HSM is not caught up it resends the command.
what firmware do you have is it the same I have 2013-06-28

I also changed fingerprint in an attempt to get autodetection working.

I'll go get the updated code and try it. Thanks.

Additional info:
Batch Code: 19W13
Model Number KPD800
P/N TSA04-0
FCC ID FU5TSA04

Results of test: It looks like the changes worked. It does seem to take longer than 10 seconds to arm. It beeps, kind of stutters, keeps beeping, and eventually changes to partial and gives the armed beeps. Disarming works fine with no issues.

I had originally set a delay on arming home for the Google Home Mini Speaker. I may shorten that delay to see if it speeds up the keypad arming.

I just wanted to thankyou for allowing me to clean the dust off my keypads and reinstall them.

1 Like

I got another update for you. I decoded how the HSM reads from the keyboard so Its no longer sending local HSM commands. The HSM reads from the keyboard now. So you should be able to share it between hubs.
Its the same code it just sets a flag now and relies on the HSM to read it. This should fix all the problems with the HSM. Unless a bug shows up.

1 Like

As far as pairing goes, I've tried two different keypads, and they both still pair as Iris Care Pendants. Of course I know I can switch the driver to keypad though.

So far, the updated code has been working well. There is one thing though that I would like to find out. Is there a way to not have the arming beeps on the keypad when arming partial/night? It isn't an issue for away, but I'd rather the partial/night arming be silent except for the final armed tones. I don't see anything, either in the device driver or in the HSM that would stop those arming tones.

That's a great ideal. It will actually help with battery life on my keyboard in a outside building no-one around to hear the beeps anyway.