[RELEASE] IRIS v1 KeyPad Driver

I was a paying customer. I saw the writing on the wall and bailed out soon afterwards.

You need to try the version i just uploaded with the polling removed

Its in the HSM config arming and disarming setup.

Not on mine

You have to setup at least one of the intrusion options to be able to use the keypad functions in HSM.

1 Like

I would have NEVER thought of that - you are 100% on the money. Thank you very much.

1 Like

That's why it was disarming. The HSM didn't like being armed when it was not setup. But I think I needed to remove polling anyway.

Ok so I was shocked It finialy beeped back a me and lit up OFF. Once that happened it stopped sending the poll with the [20 00]. I have made a lot of changes to get the arming tones and delays working so it still may have bugs I need to know if you have any problems I don't see. So far I have not been able to get it to chime without changing states.

This is awesome. I can now setup a simple audible notification when any of my outside doors open. It reminds me of my original Iris system from back in 2013.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.02.34 AM

I'm having problems with driver 4.1. The sounds seem like they repeat over and over. The chime which is sound 1 is almost just a continuous high pitched tone. They seem to sound normal in 3.8. I'm on firmware 6-28-13.

The order of the sounds changed in 3.9 and a bunch of new ones were added. The chime which was 1 is now 10.

1 Like

Yep what was the old iris door chime is 10. That's because chime 10 is a dupe of another chime and im not using it. The door chime will beep the the button of the alarm state. So it will sound different if the system is armed. This is really a arm command not a chime.

All the other chimes have a repeating state. I have yet figured out how to stop the repeating.
I tried stopping the repeating with off signal but the hub doesn't fire the same way each time and chops up the tone. Sometimes all the tones mute and I have to reboot the keypad.

Im still trying to stop the repeating.

1 Like

I'm blown away by how much progress you've made on this. It's literally been in the electronics graveyard for years now. Thanks for your hard work

2 Likes

Yea its been in my closest I tried once before and gave up. I have been playing with the smart plug drivers and after I understood how it worked. I tried again and was able to slowly see how the data worked. While looking through the iris code, I also discovered there is a way to boot up your old v2 hub and login the give the password. Once you get in you can kill the iris software and load something else on it. Im wondering if I can load webmin on it and use it like a pi. Haven checked yet. They say its a limited OS.
I just got the care Pendant working also it used the same type commands as the keyfob.

Ok I made some changes I added a time out timer. And I added the beep option. Beware the timer kills the repeat after the ms you set however in my test after a few retries the keypad was slow to react and the sound was killed to soon shorting the sound.
The new version also has protection to stop a door chime from playing with the arming sound. So you can use beep on your doors with no problems.
It also has bad battery detection if it goes not present it will report battery as 0 to set off your battery monitor app

I have a few of these. Can you share how you did this?

The V3 Hub was the shiznit. I feel like I barely got to use it before it was killed off. I think it was only out a few months. Really worked nicely. I seem to recall it also had voice notifications of some sort or spoke. Internal radios paired things easily. Will def check out your new driver.

Brilliant! Thank you!

Firmware 2012-12-11

Installed device driver on C-5 hub and installed keypad. Set Hub Mesh to enable.

On C7 hub, added device as Iris V1 Keypad on (second hub). On the C7 hub, I can bring up the device page and play sounds or set it to change the alarm to night. However, only the keypad seems to have been set. The HSM did not change. I added the keypad to the HSM page so it would be usable along with my Iris V2 Keypad.

The issue is that I can press the "PARTIAL" button, but it is not arming the system for nighttime. It will reflect the state if I set the alarm via the dashboard on my computer or, I would think, the other methods such as the partial button on my Iris V2 keypad or the Keyfobs. I am guessing that since the HSM didn't allow for arming night with the Iris V1 Keypad that it is a work in progress. However, that it is working at all is great. Thank you very much.