[RELEASE] Inovelli Device Drivers

ok

So which drivers are better? The ones built in or the drivers downloaded from Inovelli's site?

Any differences between them?

HE doesn’t have drivers for all of the inovelli devices yet... The HE ones will likely be more stable/compatible as they were written using strict HE standards.. But the HE ones may not have all the features available to the device..

Yes

I'm not going to get into a conversation about who's drivers are better..

1 Like

That was very PC mike

1 Like

Mike has to give the PC answer. The built in drivers are probably more reliable but the inovelli drivers have a lot more features.

There was a bug in the inovelli drivers where it was setting the wrong parameters for ramp and dim rates. Was reported on their forums and I don’t know if they fixed it. The built in drivers probably don’t have this issue if they were rebuilt.

1 Like

I have been using the Inovelli drivers forever. But my devices are the previous generations. I didn't switch to the new ones because I leverage the option to set the default on levels based on time of day and able to disable the load on the switch when using the physical switch.

I have been using the LZW30-SN drivers from inovelli for my red series switches. Which of the new drivers here on hubitat should I switch to?

And how do I set them up as non-encrypted devices? I ask because my hubitat has been unstable, becoming unresponsive sometimes. And one theory is that it is caused by pairing my inovelli devices as secure, which can make the z-wave mesh network to be unresponsive sometimes. I dont remember setting them up in secure mode. I simply installed the drivers from github. Perhaps switching to these new drivers will solve my problem?

Drivers don't device whether the device pairs securely or not--that's up to the device and hub. If you don't see "zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true" under "Data" under the "Device Details" section on the device page in the admin UI, then it's not paired securely. The default settings also would not be conducive to this. Check Settings > Z-Wave Details and see if you left "Secure Join" to the default "Locks/Garage Doors"-only setting. Some devices also have different procedures you need to put them in for secure vs. "regular" pairing. I can't remember if the Inovelli is one of these or if it will just go as high as the hub lets it go, which will depend on that setting.

Hopefully one of these things will help! But basically, it shouldn't have paired securely unless you tried.

Hello @bertabcd1234 - Yes I do have " zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true". Also have secure join set to "All secure z-wave" with z-wave status enabled. I may have inadvertently set that. How do i fix that?

Do i need to repair all my inovelli switches now in insecure mode? Also do I switch to the new drivers? which one?

You will need to re-pair them. Under Settings > Z-Wave Details is also where you change that setting (it's a drop-down). Keep Z-Wave enabled, of course--just change the first setting.

And use the new drivers ? which one?

The driver you use does not affect whether the device pairs securely or not. You can use whichever driver meets your needs. Hubitat has one built in for the model you appear to be using, which supports up to double taps and has a custom command to set the notification LED. Inovelli has their custom drivers that allow all 5 taps in both directions plus child devices to "turn on" different notifications instead of using a command. You can change the driver afterwards, too, if you end up liking one better.

I just ordered my 4-1 sensor @anon89238910 will be in on wednesday

1 Like

I need to clean up the current code as there is some testing stuff in it that Eric hasn't removed yet. The sensor can also be ac powered so I need to add a switch in the preferences for it because the current hardware doesn't report that. I need to note that for future hardware changes for EricH.

@anon89238910 Am I hearing you correctly that the 4-1 Motion Sensor can be power by AC. Tell me what I need to do as I have a need for AC power and will order another one. Do Inovelli sell the ac power supply? Thanks

I received my 4 in 1 sensor last week and paired it, but haven't had a chance to play with it much. One thing that really surprised me is that all of the sensors except motion appear to default to only reporting values to the hub every 2 hours. Why is that? I would think that if it's sending back motion sensor data every 30 seconds, it wouldn't take that much more power to also send back the current lux reading with it.

Is there any reason not to set the lux sensor to report back every minute or few?

You need the micro usb and a 5v adaptor. Remove the battery and you will see the port.

Inside the battery compartment is a micro USB port. Remove the battery, plug in a micro USB cable and run that to an ac adapter.

Battery saving is why