[RELEASE] Inovelli Device Drivers

The drivers on inovelli's official GitHub is the exact same as mine except the namespace/name matches the original..

HE doesn't have official built-in drivers for these...
and I doubt HE will use my drivers if they officially add support... It seems HE prefers to build their official drivers from the ground up... I can't say I blame them as this keeps the qc and standards uniform...

Ok, thanks. I guess having a link in the driver to get newer updates would be good.

I have them both loaded and the links to import any changes are already there. So thanks for the help.

1 Like

@bcopeland I just noticed something new. I was playing with the Set Hue and entering different values. Those seemed to work. Then I put in 3700 for CT and sent it and the bulb went to white as it should but the status on the right side still showed 2700 and I had to do a Refresh and then send the 3700 again to get the status to change correctly.

@razorwing .. Testing

Dude! Thanks, WAY simpler than the crap I was trying to do with virtual child switches etc. Thanks so much

2 Likes

I see the problem.. I pushed the fix … I will issue another pull request to get it to the official driver

Ok, great. Thanks again.

1 Like

Until I get my devices this thursday when Eric Hines flies in I would stick with Inovelli's drivers. Once I can test both sides I can give a better answer.

Same answer for #2. I have the original switches here from early 2018 still and nothing from the red series.

I'm going to make a big leap and guess that the HE drivers are geared more to the non techie and offer a more simple control then the stock drivers and the child devices.

I wouldn't quite characterize it like that... Based on what I've seen, and the discussions I've had in the past:

They do intentionally leave out seldom used Parameters to keep it simpler for the average user. That lines up with your statement, for sure.

But they do parent/child drivers in some cases. Depends if the device warrants it.

For commands, they tend to add as much functionality as they can WITHOUT adding any non-standard commands that aren't already defined/in the box. (that is one of the reasons complex devices will likely ALWAYS need user drivers... But I digress)

Where device capabilities map to defined in-box capabilities or commands, they add it to the in-box driver (they don't omit them to keep it simple - at least not that I've ever seen). Where the device has capabilities that are non "standard"/one off they usually don't add it, though.

1 Like

I got help on this from another poster. I set the switch up in RM as a button device with simple conditional statements tied to mode. Pretty easy, much simpler than the initial suggestions of creating child switches.

2 Likes

@ericm Is there a Inovelli Motion Sensor Driver out yet? I have them in my possession but I can't find a driver that work and I have try the Generic Z-wave with temperature but no luck as of it. Thanks

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-4-in-1-sensor.src/inovelli-4-in-1-sensor.groovy

@leeonestop yes

Thanks I just found it on Inovelli Website also.

2 Likes

Have you got this device ?

Not yet...