[RELEASE] Hyundai Bluelink Remote Start/Lock Support (Beta)

i have same issue with action refresh. does not always work. How do I set up a "forcerefresh" action instead as this does not seem to be an option for actions in rule machine.

If this helps These are the errors i get in DEBUG when trying to refresh or force refresh. I finally Figured out I could access the device "force refresh" when I select device = "actuator".

[dev:781 ]2024-01-15 14:34:58.789 [error] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 145 (method refresh)

[dev:781 ] 2024-01-15 14:32:11.304 [error] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 152 (method ForceRefresh)

[dev:781] 2024-01-15 14:30:01.097 [error] groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_jbilodea_Canadian_Hyundai_Bluelink_Driver_1189.ForceRefresh() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [method ForceRefresh]
Possible solutions: ForceRefresh() on line 6317 (method ForceRefresh)

Be sure to install the latest driver and app without HPM and let me know. It is likme you don't have the Canadian version of both (ap and driver). As I said I'm not really a developer, I did the Canadian version for myself but I will try to help.

You are much more of a developer than me and I appreciate your efforts. Please let me know if you had enough as this is more of a fun project for me to install on hubitat and certainly not a must have.

The App and driver are indeed the latest "Canadian" and were manually installed (not HPM). I just tried Force Refresh directly from the device driver and then a Refresh and it updated now updated. So it seems like the app works, just not consistently. Perhaps I am not correctly creating the rule. This is what I have, after finding the car under "actuator". Perhaps you can share what your rule to ForceRefresh looks like? Note that I did not include any "parameter" for the ForceRefresh.

From what I understand in Bluelink, a refresh will take information for the cache of the car when a ForceRefresh will ask for a complete refresh and then send the new data. For me it can take more than a minute to get the new data.

Regarding my rules, I can show you but I'm using Webcore.

I don't have much time during the week. I'll take a look when I have time, maybe next weekend.

Interesting.
That's exactly what HPM installed so HPM must be working for you!

Hi Guys! Can someone explain the steps to a newb here?! I just want to use my BlueLink in Europe to remotely heat the car.
How to install the code?
Should i install in the car pc?
What app should i use on the phone? The original one?
Would greatly appreciate!

I do not believe that anyone has ported the code I originally wrote to use the European servers. The app has to talk to Bluelink servers and there are different servers for the U.S., Canada, and Europe. You might be better off looking into Home Assistant, which I'm told has a good Bluelink integration and works with the European servers.

@efrosinho If you're new to Hubitat, we should also explain that you can add Home Assistant to your home automation setup, and then import the features and functions of Bluelink, as well as many other integrations and devices. To do this, have a look at Home Assistant Device Bridge.

I'm not in Europe, but use Bluelink on HA and everything I want/need is available in Hubitat.

So I'm like on a new planet :joy:
I need to buy a device or what?
Just everything seems way complicated, like i would never figure it out.

Yeah, if someone whooshed me into a room with a prepped patient on the table and said "operate", I think my first thought would be, "I should have gone to medical school". :smile:

In other words, take it one bite at a time. You might want to hold off adding Bluelink to your setup if you are not yet comfortable with Hubitat. If it's a must have, then you will need to first add Home Assistant to your toolkit, and begin to learn the basics of that other system. There are many different ways to add Home Assistant, and which will be best for your depends on your skill and patience level, not to mention budget and available resources.

Start by googling Home Assistant. There are hundreds of startup guides and videos. Some good, some overly complicated. You can also buy a pre-built device. Best thing is to take your time and don't think you need to figure this all out at once.

Sincerely not planning on spending out valuable cash) So, preferably would be good if i don't need to buy any device.
You guys load some files on a USB and plug it in the car?
I just downloaded the Home Assistance on the phone, but have no idea how do i connect the car.

No, don't do that. Not the way it works at all.

Bluelink is communcated with via internet access. The car talks to the Bluelink cloud servers via its celular connection. You can access it from the Bluelink app (or via these unoffical Bluelink integrations for Hubitat and Home Assistant). Nothing gets loaded onto your car.

Home Assistant requires one (and only one) of the following to run. Pick one and follow the documentation. If you need more help, you can open a new post with the category "Lounge", since it's far off topic from Hubitat Elevation, but the Home Assistant forum is the most appropriate place for questions specific to Home Assistant installation and setup.

• A preconfigured Home Assistant Green hub you buy
  • A Windows PC running a virtual disk image
  • A Macintosh computer running a virtual disk image
  • A Docker container (can be run on many different devices)
  • A Raspberry Pi 3 or newer

There are even more ways to run it, but they get very involved and technical. Not recommened for that reason. One of the above is easier.

Ok. Thanks for some guidance. At least i know a thing now))
But why you need a PC? You can use it with the pc only?

I have some fantasies how it should work.
Would it work by an app on the phone?

Or i should somehow make my app?
Why do i need the PC or a device?

Isn't there a possibility to just load an app and use it?

Why do you guys don't make such a ready to go app? Might be payable and earn some money i believe.

You do not need a PC, it's one of the many optional computers you can install it on.
As I wrote, pick one.

There's a so called "companion app" available for free, but this is not the Home Assistant core software. It is merely a mobile interface to connect to, program and control Home Assistant. You cannot run the core system on a phone.

Are you talking about Hubitat or Home Assistant now? I'm unsure. There are free apps for both systems to connect to the hubs. Hubitat's is more limited with that can be done, but you can just access the Hubitat hub from a Web browser on your phone if you want.

For Home Assistant, you can also connect to it by a web browser on your phone, but the Home Assistant developers made a stand-alone app that allows administration of the hub too. Different philosophies on how the systems should work, Neither is right nor wrong, just different.

This is getting quite off the topic of this thread now. I'd urg you to read the Home Assistant documentation and ask questions on their forum. Hubitat forum and this thread in particular isn't the appropriate place to ask questions specific to Home Assistant.

Ok. Thanks.
I just want to use the Moded Version that is spoken here on the thread. Downloaded some Home Assistance apps on the phone, but can't figure how to load all the code there. Sorry for being a newb. I will do my best to research more about it and understand it to be able to use it and give some feedback if it will help the community.
I was speaking about why not making a standalone app specific for this to use directly from the phone. I believe this would be possible in any case.
Have a great day!

I think you're misunderstanding my responses. In one of my posts above, I provided links to information on how to install Home Assistant and the Home Assistant forum, but you didn't click on them. Maybe you're new to forums too? Sorry, I don't want to sound disrespectful, but it seems you're guessing a lot about what can be done, when there's quite a bit of very good documentation that has been written to help you.

If you click this link :point_right: Home Assistant installation, the web page will guide you with exactly which hardware the Home Assistant Core software can be installed on. Think of Home Assistant Core as the hub itself. where you install it matters less, so long as it's supported.

I'm genuinely sorry, to mess up the thread and entering of topic as a newb.
I'm thankful for the informal provided.
Probably, was looking too much into an easy solution.
I will have to get more free time to figure it out through the documentation.
Thank you.