[RELEASE] Hyundai Bluelink Remote Start/Lock Support (Beta)

I just got my first Hyundai vehicle and had a chance to explore the functionality that Hyundai Bluelink has for doing things like remotely starting the vehicle. This Application/Driver exposes that Bluelink functionality to Hubitat Elevation. See the README.md file for details.

Features:

Supports remotely locking, unlocking, starting the engine, stopping the engine, getting vehicle status, and reporting the vehicle's location.

How to Get It:

Github Project: https://github.com/tyuhl/Hyundai-Bluelink

RAW Code for the application: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tyuhl/Hyundai-Bluelink/main/BluelinkApp.groovy
RAW Code for the driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tyuhl/Hyundai-Bluelink/main/BluelinkDriver.groovy

Installation:

1. Create a new driver in the "Drivers Code" section and paste in the driver code from the driver RAW Code link. Save the new driver.
  2. Create a new user application in the "Apps Code" section and paste in the application code from the application RAW link. Save the new app.
  3. Go to the Apps section and create a new instance of the Bluelink App by clicking on the "Add User App" button.
  4. Follow the instructions in the App to enter your Bluelink account information and discover vehicles registered to your account. Drivers will be automatically created for each vehicle in your account

Notes:

1. This App/Driver has only been tested with my Hyundai vehicle, so there are likely still some bugs.
  2. I have done some automation testing with webCoRE, but nothing with Rule Machine.
  3. This integration is for U.S. based vehicles only.

Please report any problems, questions, or bugs to me.

5 Likes

When I send a command from the Hubitat, it works, but doesn’t seem to log an event. Would it be possible to log those?

@NeighborGeek Adding more events isn't difficult, but I'd like to understand what your use case is. There are already events reported in the driver when some of the attributes change. Also, you can turn up the logging level to get more detail. What are you looking for?

When I tap a button on the device page that sends some action to the car, an event should be logged that it’s sending the request. Or the confirmation that the request was processed, or both.

I’m just getting back from vacation, so I have yet to try any automated actions, but I would also expect any actions triggered automatically to log an event.

Okay, I'll add events for each command this weekend.

@NeighborGeek Okay, new version of the app is available on github with events added for each command. The driver is unchanged.

Just a thought, but do you REALLY need to integrate this with HE? To me, it adds one more possibility of vulnerability to your safety. If anyone ever hacked your HE account, could they not start your car in your garage- or anywhere for that matter?

Same argument could be made without any integration. If someone hacks your Bluelink account they could do the same thing.

The chances of that happening are MUCH lower than the chances of my wife leaving the vehicle unlocked, possibly with her purse, keys, or other valuables in it. Being able to automatically lock the doors is well worth any risk from the integration.

This is really interesting for me. I don´t yet own a Hyundai with Blue Link, but I have one on order. I am curious if it would be possible to use the API / Link to share location and use it for geo-location purposes ?

My purpose would be to set certain settings in my holiday home before arriving.

@Kulfsson The driver for this integration has attributes for latitude and longitude that are filled in after you call the "Location" command, so I think it would be possible to write an automation that uses those attributes for geo-location. Note that this integration is for U.S. based vehicles only at this point.

@NeighborGeek Yeah, Bluelink sounds awesome to me too actually. I guess I just wondered if integrating with another device connected to the internet might make it more vulnerable.

Nice, I obviously have not installed it, otherwise I would have seen that location command :wink: But what makes it exclusive to US ?

@Kulfsson Hyundai has slightly different APIs for different regions. I studied the sources for the open source Node.js app Bluelinky to get the API calls for this integration to work correctly. That app has different controllers for the U.S., Canada, and the EU. I see you are in Iceland, so not sure if the EU version would work for you. Anyway, it should be pretty straightforward to take what I did for the U.S. and make a CA or EU version. Obviously, I had no way to test the other regions.

Understood. I will check this out when I receive the car and report back if I can make it work.

I just finally got around to trying to set up some rules using this driver, rather than sending commands manually as needed. I've run into an issue though - When I get to the step of choosing an action for my rule to take, I can't find the vehicle anywhere. I've looked under a few different "Action Types" and actions, but can't find any combination which shows the device representing my vehicle in the list to choose from.
Am I just not finding the right combination, or does this driver not present it's functions in a way that rule builder can use?

I'm not sure what the issue is. I didn't try using Rule Machine when I did testing. I used webCoRE and the my vehicle definitely shows up there along with the supported commands (lock, unlock, etc.). I'll try to dig into what the issue is when I have some time, but that won't be for at least a few days. I've been chasing a problem in another driver over the last couple of days.

No worries, if you can look into it whenever you have time, it would be appreciated, but I understand being busy. Obviously if I've waited this long to get around to building the rules using your driver it's not an urgent issue on my end. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

@NeighborGeek I figured it out. In your rule, if you select "Run Custom Action" for your action and then select "Actuator" for the capability of the action device, you will see your vehicle show up and all of the custom commands will be there.

Thanks, that did it. I had looked at custom actions, but didn't look under actuators I guess.