[RELEASE] Hyundai Bluelink Remote Start/Lock Support (Beta)

Hi @WindowWasher,

Nice work you have done! Are you going to add support to "Hubitat Package Manager"? The installation and future updates would be a breeze doing that :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Should this work on EV Hyundai Bluelink vehicles?

Most commands do work (lock,unlock)and it's grabbing location etc, but the climate start command is returning [error]-- Hyundai Bluelink App -- Start vehicle failed -- status code: 502, reason phrase: Bad Gateway: Status: 502

@rfg81 I will probably add support to HPM at some point. I'm a little backed up with work at the moment, so HPM support will take some time to implement.

@poelock This app/driver is based on work done in the bluelinky node.js app. I just checked the bluelinky docs and it looks like it should work with EV vehicles. It looks like the start command has a couple of parameter differences between ICE vehicles and EV vehicles.

I can take a crack at fixing the start command for EV vehicles, but it won't happen for a while. I'm kind of backed up in work at the moment. Would you be willing to test this when I get around to looking at it?

Thanks for your support! Another thing I know your driver doesn't support other countries than US. Are you planning in adding support for the other countries? I'm in Canada with EV car and I can help you test it.

No rush and 100% would love to test and help you out with it. Thanks!

Wow! This thread has been pretty dead and now there are two of you with EV vehicles.

@poelock I think it may be pretty easy to get the start command to work with a US vehicle. I just have to figure out how to tell the vehicle is an EV. I'll probably look into this over the next few days and get back to you when I have something you can test.

@rfg81 Supporting Canada (and maybe EU) is a longer term project, as I will have to do some re-architecture of the app. I'll look into it over the next few weeks and get back to you.

2 Likes

The App pulls my discovered vehicle as: 2021 KONA ELECTRIC
Driver pulls:
Model as: KONA ELECTRIC
vehicleGeneration: 2
brandIndicator: H
Trim: EV ULTIMATE

not sure any of that can help determine EV vs ICE vs PHEV

I am about to receive a Phev Santa Fe here in Iceland (EU), so I am defenitely also interfered in EU support. The vehicle won't arrive until late next month, so I can't supply information for it yet. I'll come back when I can.

@poelock Thanks, that information is helpful. I was just going through the JSON returned by the Hyundai servers to see if there was any kind of value being returned for the engine type. I didn't see any. I don't generally like to start parsing strings to figure out a type, but that may be the only way to do it.

@Kulfsson Okay, if I start re-architecting to add Canadian support, EU support should be straightforward. I'll keep you in mind.

1 Like

Yeah I don't blame you. Maybe a user entered parameter/flag in the app setup?

This is a great add on. I want to use it for two things using Rule Machine.

M-F 6:45 when under 65 degrees and at my house, start the car with heat.

question, I found custom actions, actuator, found the car, set it to start, but then it wants parameter type and string value. I would guess Parameter type would be string and string value would be preset name. Is that correct?

Second application is to tie it to my "goodnight" button on my minimote. I want that to also lock the car doors (in case they aren't). I entered nothing for string type and it worked.

Yes, that is correct. I've provided 3 Profiles (Summer, Winter, and Profile3) which you configure in the app. You pass the profile you want to use to the Start command. Visit the driver page and you can see that the Start command takes a profile parameter.

As for Start and Stop, neither takes a parameter. Make sure that the car is locked before using the Start command. It will fail if the car is unlocked.

It works great for both functions. Thank you for this!!

Somebody knows the API address for Canada ?

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Currently, this app/driver only supports U.S. vehicles, When I get some time I am going to look into adding support for Canada and the EU. I used the open source Bluelinky app to help decipher the API. Docs for that are here: bluelinky ยท The Hyundai BlueLink API Library The developers of Bluelinky reverse engineered the API used by the Hyundai Bluelink app. APIs for Canada and the EU are in the source code.

1 Like

I'm learning Groovy and I wrote my first driver and I like it.

I already started looking at bluelinky and I saw : const host = 'api.telematics.hyundaiusa.com';

My plan in the coming week is trying to use mitmproxy to help me understand project like this one so I was hoping about seeing the canadian address.

That's a really good thing if you plan to add support for canadian cars. I also have an EV. But since I want to learn more I will probably try to understand what you will be doing :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what the Canadian address is. I thought it would be something like the U.S. address, but I don't see something similar in the canada.ts file. I don't know node.js, so it takes me some time to decipher how bluelinky works.

Adding support for EV vehicles is on my list of things to do. My problem is that I don't have much time for this stuff right now.

For now it's like me ! :wink: But I plan to retire this summer and I'd like to learn more. I'm an old developer who knows nothing about groovy/java/python and others like that, but I'm learning. So I will follow you here and if I find something interesting for this app I will let you know.

Thank you for your great work.