[RELEASE] Hyundai Bluelink Remote Start/Lock Support (Beta)

As mentioned earlier, I'm interested in the EU version. What I am really interested in is if using this, or bluelinky, would enable me to remote start my car. As I live in the EU, remote start is not available due to regulations, but the question is if this is disabled in car, or just in app?

EDIT: My car is a Santa Fe PHEV, so needs to start the engine to heat up.

I found the app for Canadian cars but for HomeAssistant which is not too complex. It is a completely different app, not just the address. Since I know just a bit of Groovy I tried to modify your app. I was able to get the vehicle plus lot of information. But on a step i made a mistake and I think I locked my account. I cannot access Bluelink anymore. I called them but it will take few days to unlocked it.

If you want to take a look at the code, here it is:

Bluelink app for Home Assistant

Thanks, there is some hope for supporting Canadian vehicles. I have seen some recent postings that the Bluelink App is or has been updated to have the same capabilities as the U.S. version. It sounds like you were able to make some progress.

If you are adventurous, you might want to look into Postman, a free tool for developing REST web services. I used it to develop/debug the Bluelink App/Driver. Much easier to make API calls and look at the results than using Groovy. Then, when you have things figured out with the API calls you can integrate into the App.

Thank you. For sure I will take a look at it. I'm an old developer who knows nothing about the web, so I'm learning (trial and error). I hope I won't have problem unlocking my account because I'm not sure they like when we try to access their API.

Hummm, not so easy. I will read more when I have time. Right now I'm progressing in Canada's app. I get all the information and can lock/unlock. Soon I will work on climate.

What is the best way to understand Postman ? Some good documentation somewhere ?

Wow! Good progress. If you are this far, you may not need to bother with Postman. Postman just lets you construct and make raw API calls and then look at the results. You are clearly past the point where that would be very useful if you are making successful calls through the app.

If you still want to learn about Postman, I could probably export my workspace and send it to you. I don't know of any Postman tutorials, having learned what I know by just playing around with it. I'm sure that there are documents out there if you just google it.

I love the progress here. As posted earlier, I have a Europe Santa Fe PHEV and I am interested in being able to utilize this. Would it be possible to add support for that region?

@Kulfsson I know it has been quite awhile, but I haven't forgotten about you. I didn't have much time over the last 6 months (raising and training a puppy takes a lot of time) but things are starting to settle down and I may be able to spend some time looking at EU support and support for EVs. First thing is to clear the spider webs out of my brain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha.. Sure, no worries. Congratulations on the puppy :slight_smile:

A connection to my car is just an interesting feature, and by no means a necessity. I am curious though if I could use it for geofencing. Starting the car would be awesome, but I assume that feature is simply not enabled, so not just hidden.

@WindowWasher My Hyundai Canadian (just EV for now) version is almost completed. Since many things are really different from your version I create my own app and driver but starting from YOUR code. May I ask here if a Canadian with EV could make some tests with my version ?

I think it should be possible to add gaz car and also Kia option so it could be used by Hyundai AND Kia owners.

I saw that on Home Assistant they also wrote 3 different versions (US, CAD, EU).

Glad to see you are making more progress. No worries about having a separate driver/app. Are you using github for the sources?

Also, if you go back in this thread, I believe that there were at least 2 Canadians with EV vehicles looking for a Canada version.

Yes I saved my code in Github (not sure how everything works in there) but not for that app yet.

Thank you.

My Canadian Bluelink EV version is now in Github but it has to be tested. If someone is interested in testing it, let's go.

I think it should be possible to modify the app for 2 other types: Hyundai gaz car and Kia connect (Canada).

Great thank's to @WindowWasher for your code, it was really helpful.

1 Like

There was a problem in command Clim Manual. New version fixes it.

The app is officially changed so main URL also changed. New Canadian version fixes it.

A parameter was changed in the login section, Canadian version is now fixed.

1 Like

A "sometimes" connection error is now fixed in the new Canadian version.

Any new ideas of what to do with the Bluelink app ? If you’re doing great things with this app please let me know, I’m trying to add more functions to what I’m already doing.

This is my actual dashboard

• Clicking on the Kona2021 button refreshes the info
  • Clicking on one of the 3 clim buttons starts the clim based on my 3 favorites programs.
  • Button to lock/unlock.
  • Climatisation manuelle brings that screen:

So I can start the clim with the parameters I want.

• I defined a webcore procedure to tell me using Alexa when the recharge is completed
  • It automatically locks the doors when I forget to lock them.
  • Alexa tells me when the trunk stays open
  • Alexa tells me when it’s time to charge the car because it reached 125km autonomy.

Any other good ideas ?

Could you please add it to HPM so we get automatic updates?

I'm new in developing for Hubitat. SO I have to learn how to do it, it will take some times. Btw I moved the Canadian Bluelink app to better organize them:

I just tried to add it. Let me know if you have problem with it.
Note: let me know if it works

1 Like