[RELEASE] HubConnect Netatmo Weather Station Client (HubConnect not req'd)

That's disappointing.. At least share the nav bug I outlined with your UI guy.

If it's not reproducible, it can't be worked on. I would suggest he do a soft reset and restore, and remove and recreate the app in question.

You have no idea how many "bugs" are reported that are not bugs at all. Part of our necessary triage is reproducibility.

So I did a soft reset, then downgraded to 2.1.7, then upgraded to 2.1.8, then restored the DB, then reinstalled the app... same error.

I just completed the same steps. Same outcome.

@JDogg016, you experience any progress on this?

Whether our experience constitutes a bug or not, I'd like to think it's worthy of HE support. Disappointed.

Nope. Gave up.

1 Like

@srwhite

Does this app and the Netatmo provide lux information?

@srwhite Netatmo has been working fine up until a few days ago. I don’t get any readings anymore and I see this line in the logs.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'expires_in' on null object on line 1225 (sendDeviceEvent)

Do you have an idea what’s going on?

EDIT Never mind. Got it working by reconnect the app to my Netatmo dev account again.

I also started getting some log errors that I wasn't getting before...

app:1232020-05-20 05:26:58.032 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'Temperature' on null object on line 304 (sendDeviceEvents)

app:1232020-05-20 05:23:28.809 pm infoSetting station refresh to 5 minutes

app:1232020-05-20 05:23:28.712 pm infoNetatmo Client Initialized

app:1232020-05-20 05:23:28.709 pm infoNetatmo Client Updated

app:1232020-05-20 05:22:20.289 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'Temperature' on null object on line 304 (sendDeviceEvents)

app:1232020-05-20 05:17:20.952 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'Temperature' on null object on line 304 (sendDeviceEvents)

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

Stop working here also

getting

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'expires_in' on null object on line 1245 (refreshDevices)

Reset client id / Server secret and it's working again...

the Netatmo weather app shows me “condition” (cloudy, clear, hazy, foggy, etc) is this possible to get with the driver? I don’t see it anywhere as a piece of data. Am I overlooking something?

Uh, the URL is missing from the Installation Instructions:

I tried both Firefox and Edge. Please advise.

Thx

https://hubconnect.to/download/category/5/HubConnect-Netatmo-Weather-Client.html

The HubConnect.to site works via unique URLs for each user, therefore a common link in the documentation isn't possible.

99.9% of the world has never heard of HubConnect.to and even fewer know how it works...

May I suggest modifying the instructions to something like:

1. Visit https://hubconnect.to and create an account
  2. Copy the URL from the bottom of the 'Files' section at the HubConnect-Netatmo-Weather-Client page.
  3. In the Hubitat UI the left menu, click Apps Code, then New App.
  4. Click Import located near the top-right of the page.
  5. Paste the URL you copied from the HubConnect-Netatmo-Weather-Client page into the input.
  6. Click Import
  7. Click Save
  8. After import, click oAuth, then click Enable oAuth in App.

Also, do I use the same URL for both the Client app & Device driver Imports?

"Repeat steps 2-1 to 2-4 for the remaining drivers." Huh? What remaining drivers? I'm lost.

1 Like

I have just had the client app installed and set up. All seems to be working except that only 1 of my 3 additional modules was detected by the app. Did anyone encounter such issue before or any idea what have I done wrong here?

Is this still supported? Also, did the 24hr clock problem some people reported ever get solved?

Agreed, this makes no sense to me either!

EDIT: I figured it out, on the page with the App URL, click on the "Netatmo Weather Client Drivers" link and then there is a URL for each Driver you need.

Hmm so I had the rain and Wind gauges working but shortly after they stopped.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know what this error is from or how to correct it?

[ Cannot get property 'expires_in' on null object on line 1245 (refreshDevices)

The app throws this error all day long.

Thank you!