[RELEASE] HubConnect Netatmo Weather Station Client (HubConnect not req'd)

When you re-setup everything, did you receive the same OAuth error that you did before?

No no error while setting up this time this is the error i have in log though

I would redownload the client app code from my site. It seems like something is missing.

will do, will update you shortly

@srwhite same situation as. I am at a complete loss. Will get back to in the morning. Thanks for the help thus far!

Do you have a V2 or V3 Netatmo main module? Just grasping at straws here but the V3 hardware is just out and uses different firmware. I don't see why it would matter because your data is there but who knows.

Firmware version 48, I have to look at unit to see what ver i.e. 2 or 3. Found it is a ver 3.
also here is an error message from the debug log

Hopefully this will help Steve.

1 Like

@Otto_Mation I am coding challanged so all the help and direction you have provided is awesome!

1 Like

No worries. I have updated the code to fix the error message. It won't fix the issue with your dashboard device not updating, but it did take care of the errors in the logs.

Got the app installed and when I try to Select My Devices, I receive this error:

Error Getting Page Data... TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'Object.getOwnPropertyNames(a)')

That can occuer if the client has become disconnected from Netatmo. Can you post full logs with debug enabled so I can get a bigger view of what might be happening?

I enabled logging and there are no logs at all. In fact, the message came from within the app itself and did not appear as a log.

Let me reset my Netatmo client secret and I will get back to you with some logs.

Changed the Client secret, removed the app and re-installed the app. I can tell you the following:

Logs are minimal (not pasted) but the only log is 'skipping because no devices are added' something to that effect.

Any changes I make to settings are not logged (ie. if I change rain units of measurement from inches to millimeter nothing happens in the logs).

When I try to add devices, I receive the same result.

I should have noted that Full Debugging is enabled.

I've tracked this down to a bug in Hubitat's UI. For some reason, when an app is not fully installed the UI is not able to track dynamic pages correctly and keeps trying to call the wrong page, despite what the user is clicking.

I issued a patch to work around it. Unfortunately it basically requires the user to click Done after connecting to install the app before any devices can be installed.

If you re-import the client code this error should be gone.

New error!

I actually received the same error after reinstalling the app and reentering the client ID and secret.

After hitting 'Done' and trying to add my devices, I received the same error "Error Getting Page Data..."

I then exited the app, went back into the app and tried to add my devices. After the page took several minutes, I hit the refresh button and received this error on the screen and the logs:

Error: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.HashMap) values: [[prefGroup:hcnetatmowx, title:Weather Stations & Devices]] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), any(groovy.lang.Closure), take(int), each(groovy.lang.Closure)

Hi, I have a strange issue & need some pointers. It sort of works ok but when I look in devices say for the WIND device I see this:

Current States
battery : 60
version : v1.6.4

after a refresh I see this
battery : 60
version : v1.6.4
windAngle : 209
windSpeed : 0.6
windDirection : 209° SW
gustAngle : 216
currentWinds : 0.6 mph
gustDirection : 216° SW
gustSpeed : 4.9
currentGusts : 4.9 mph
maximumWindSpeedToday : 8.6 mph
maximumWindDate : 1:38 PM
maximumWindSpeed : 8.6
lastUpdated : 5:31 PM

If I then select the device WIND again I get the shortened version. This is the same for all the other netatmo devices.

I have the netatmo code on 2 HE's. On the test one I always get the full list of variables. It's on my main one where it's not working properly. I think this issue is root cause to other issues I am seeing where I try and set a global variable to a netatmo device attribute.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately I simply cannot duplicate that behavior.. I've reinstalled from scratch well over a dozen times and it just does not happen. The delay indicates there's an issue communicating with the Netatmo cloud as that happens instantly for me.

Possibly rebooting your hub and making sure you're on the latest hub code. I wish I could help further.

Netatmo doesn't update their API for a full 10 minutes after the last reading. The client is polling every 5 minutes but the data doesn't change. You may need to wait a full 10 minutes, or as you have discovered, pressing refresh, to bring in the latest readings.

Again, you must wait up to 10 minutes after the device is created, or manually refresh the device if you do not wish to wait.

ok looks like a duplicate to the earlier issue where tiles are not showing the full list of available attributes. I'll delete & reinstall again.