[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

OK thanks.

Have just installed this on my C-4 and enabled temp, cpu, free memory but nothing is populating. This is from the eror logs:

Try hitting Configure.

Sorry, should have mentioned i have numerous times..
Has been since installed yesterday. Let it run, still nothing

Can try removing and re-installing?

Do you see a scheduled job for poll

I didnt...Then i saw an option for Hub Security so i enabled that and can now see values for the 3 items.
I assume this is now correct in the scheduled section?

I still have these errors in the logs!

Those errors are the ones you had ~14 hours ago, they’ll eventually fall off the logs. You should be good now, but I’m going to poke around and see if I can find a way to generate a message if you have hub security turned on but haven’t given the driver the credentials it needs.

1 Like

Yes sorry - didnt even read the dates - my apologies!!

No worries, glad i figured it out.
A notice would be good as i forgot i even had hub security enabled
Cheers

1 Like

v2.7.2 includes a new attribute (securityInUse) and will log an error if Hub Security is enabled but credentials haven’t been supplied for the driver.

3 Likes

Just updated and now getting Java warnings.

dev:20982022-09-18 12:43:21.257 pmwarnjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'baseModel' on null object

dev:20982022-09-18 12:38:20.968 pmwarnjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'baseModel' on null object

dev:20982022-09-17 04:35:34.554 pmtraceHub Information Driver 2.7.1 initialized

Ignore the version, that was yesterday. I just confirmed that pushing the "Configure" button will reliably give you this warning:
dev:20982022-09-18 12:57:52.563 pmwarnjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'baseModel' on null object

Strange… I’ll take a look, have never seen that come back null. What hub model and version of HE firmware are you running?

Hi Jean, I’m seeing the same thing on both of my C-5’s running 2.3.3.117 which is the latest beta version.

With or without security?

Rev C-7

Wasn't thinking that it could be related to the Beta.

No security. We don't need no stinkin' security. :slight_smile:

Do you see an attribute for securityInUse?

Yes: * securityInUse : false

Note: will be offline a while now in case you need more info. Sorry about that.

Without security

No worries, but the fact that you got the attribute says it eventually went through. Wonder if I have a timing issue.

Edit: Pushed up 2.7.3 to handle the null return better. Still gives a warning, but handles it in the code instead of the JVM.

Updated to 2.7.3 JVM still throwing an uncaught exception it seems...

dev:20982022-09-18 09:16:39.771 pmwarnjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'baseModel' on null object