[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

@thebearmay / @csteele any thoughts? Probably because of the errors i mentioned in my earlier post, my hubigraph has also got broken as shown below. Any thoughts on how to fix those "cannot get property errors" ?

I don't know all of the details with the issue you are experiencing but have you considered using Hub Mesh instead of Hub Connect?

2 Likes

Hub Mesh? But I do not have multiple hubs. Just a single C7. I use hub information drive to monitor hub cpu, freemem and temp. I use hubigraph long term storage to store those values for 5 days and then graph them. It was working perfectly since long, but just got broke for some reason...and I am getting those hub information driver errors in log which I posted above.

I don't have or use Hubigraph.

I use HubConnect Proxy to distribute the Events to only the Hub(s) that need it. A benefit is that I also get live logs of those events.

6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: uptime, value: 4696853]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: formattedUptime, value: 54d,8h,40m,53s]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: cpu5Min, value: 0.09]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: temperatureF, value: 100.4 °F]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: cpuPct, value: 2.25]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: temperatureC, value: 38.0 °C]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: temperature, value: 100.4]
6:52:32 AM  ZeeSixth --> Server Hub SENDING: [deviceId: 236, displayName: Collected Info sixthhubitat, name: freeMemory, value: 154884]

I also have a WebSocket Client that allows me to see the raw Event from any of my hubs.

{
  "value" : "154332",
  "unit" : "KB",
  "source" : "DEVICE",
  "deviceId" : 236,
  "descriptionText" : "null",
  "displayName" : "Collected Info sixthhubitat",
  "hubId" : 0,
  "type" : "null",
  "name" : "freeMemory",
  "installedAppId" : 0
}

Events are allowed to have nulls... and do. The HubConnect receiver of the Event just pushes the Event into the Hub's SendEvent processing, Clearly: Events generated, when they become Events received, need to be processed by like Hub Platform versions. I have not detected any changes to the structure or format of Hubitat's Event Stream (eventsocket).

What is "app:114" please?

My bad... I assumed that since the property errors are coming from HubConnect that you had multiple hubs.

Have you turned hub security on?
If so, you need to enable it in the Hubigraphs app.

No, i did not turn it on

Hi @thebearmay ,

I've started seeing this error in my logs this morning....

errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Long.length() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: next(), each(groovy.lang.Closure), getAt(java.lang.String), with(groovy.lang.Closure), signum(long), wait() on line 320 (method configure)

I'll take a look at the code and what version I am running.

Do a HPM Repair and see it that resolves it.

1 Like

Thought I was pushing a version to test, and accidently moved it to live - replaced it with the good code about 7-10 minutes later - thought I'd gotten it replaced before anyone had a chance to get the bad code (obviously wrong assumption).

The repair doesn't seem to fix it.... This is some of the text towards the top of the driver:

*    2022-01-21  thebearmay     add Mode and HSM Status as a pollable attribute
 *    2022-03-03  thebearmay     look at attribute size each poll and enforce 1024 limit
*/
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat
import groovy.json.JsonSlurper

@SuppressWarnings('unused')
static String version() {return "2.6.18"}

line 320 should read:

aValue = aValue.toString()
    if(aValue.length() > 1024) {

error version only had:

if(aValue.length() > 1024) {

Yeah, I've got the second one.... And that same code is what I see if I follow the link to the raw code at the top of the driver

Try an update now - pushed it again as a new release (v2.6.19)

1 Like

I think that may have fixed it... Yep, not seeing that error anymore when I run configure, and details are updating when I run it. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

@thebearmay Afternoon........
Just wanted to say a sincere thank you for all the work you have done producing Hub Information Driver.
Followed instructions, now running perfectly.
I had been concerned about DB size, temp & free memory, so now .. nice!
It is also wonderful our community can help test, and in a POSITIVE manner as always, let you now if a tiny item needs tweaking. Great community out there, many talented people.
Like everyone knows, I just wanted to point out the obvious.. you have create this, and then instantly responded to ANYone's request for help, and also... have spent countless hours updating & modifying!
Thanks again for your intensely unselfish work for us!
Bill

7 Likes

Thanks! Lot of good people on here, with a lot of knowledge that they're willing to share. Anything you run into there is probably someone on here that has done/tried something similar and more than willing to share their experiences and solution. Received a lot of good advice when I started, just trying to repay some of that, and having fun playing and exploring new stuff while doing it.

8 Likes

@thebearmay

First of all, great driver! I have a dashboard to show all my hubs together to monitor.

But, I'm at wit's end for an issue and was wondering if HI could help. I have a hub where the ZWave radio will go offline every once in a while. The RM function ZWave Crash doesn't get trigger on this event.

Do you have a way (in current or future) that you can get the status of the ZWave Radio?

Thanks in Advance,
Alan

1 Like