[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

Funny tidbit of info. Back in the 80's VAXes were considered to be "mini Computers" as opposed to even larger "mainframes" at that time :grin:

1 Like

Seeing an awful lot of these. I have a C-5 hub on 2.3.4.130 and I've updated Hub Information Driver to v3.0.4. Pretty sure there's nothing actually wrong with my Zigbee radio...

What do your state variables look like (errorZigbeeMismatch ) and what value are you seeing for zigbeeStatus and zigbeeStatus2 attributes ?

Sorry for the stretched out screen print. Not seeing zibgeeStatus with this version. errorZigbeeMismatch is false.

Try hitting Configure it doesn’t look like your baseData has run yet

Yeah that appears to have fixed it. I wonder what happened, though. It was working OK.

Don’t know somehow the zigbeeStatus attribute wasn’t there and created a condition I wasn’t expecting. (Going to fix that loophole in a little bit though.)

Edit: v3.0.5 has the fix

4 Likes

Thanks! Always happy to find the weird things... :grin:

1 Like

@thebearmay

Hi Jean, I'm using the latest driver version (v3.0.5). and updated my hubs firmware to 2.3.4.132 a little while ago and noticed the hubVersion attribute didn't change.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 11.13.34 AM

Same here, just checked. The lastUpdated and lastHubRestartFormatted were correct but the version did not update. Running "Refresh" seems to have solved it. Something maybe need to fire after a reboot to do a full refresh?

@thebearmay Any way to add the HID version into available attributes? Speaking only for myself, it would be nice to look at the device page itself and see what version I have instead of going into the drivers code page. Not sure if this is doable or not.,

2 Likes

Hmmm… The refresh option didn’t work on either of my hubs.

@Vettester @jtp10181 noticed the same thing when I updated. Looks like the verision number hadn’t updated when the Initialize routine ran the baseData() method, so I delayed the running of it by 5 seconds in v3.0.6, but to get updated immediately hit Initialize.

@rlithgow1 been toying with that idea for a bit, but did sneek it onto the device page a while back:

3 Likes

@thebearmay,
Is it possible to show free Memory in Megabytes (MB) instead of KB, similar to how DB size is displayed?

1 Like

That didn’t work. I even tried rebooting the hubs and the hubVersion attribute is still showing the older firmware.

hubversion was removed with v3, use firmwareVersionString (hubversion was originally the only attribute, and when I expanded it for the “official” v0.1.0 I exposed the real name also - v3 eliminated the duplication). I do need to add that into the v2Cleanup routine.

1 Like

Thanks Jean, I'll update my HA dashboards.

v3.0.7 adds a Free Memory Unit preference, KB is the default, MB = (KB value/1024).round(2)

3 Likes

Wow, that was really quick, thanks a lot!

Summary

1 Like

Note to self, if you have a rule setup to reboot your hub based on a KB value make sure you disable it before changing this to MB. :grimacing:

6 Likes