[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

How can a rule reboot the hub? Is there a sanctioned way to do that?

3 Likes

I had a 30 mins delay, so I was able to change the rule.

1 Like

OK. So that's slick.
Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

Also will do some fun things to any graphing you have tied to it.

2 Likes

You might want to look at your hub monitoring app as well. This change affects that too.

1 Like

Good point…off I go. :sunglasses:

Edit: Fixed.

2 Likes

OK. Feeling dumb here. How to you send reboot(). This isn't a "custom action" because there's no custom action of the type reboot.

Perplexed...

It's a custom command under actuator.

2 Likes

Shazam. Got it. Thank you @Vettester.

2 Likes

There is really no need to reboot a hub unless you are having some weird issue. It's better to figure out what is causing the problem. Hell... the only time I reboot my hub(S) is when I get platform updates... beyond that it just chugs along.

4 Likes

I have this installed on two different Hubs c5 and c7.

On the C7 See these values on the C5, I Don't

• hubUpdateVersion : 2.3.4.130
  • hubVersion : 2.3.4.130

Plus, on the dashboard I have

on the C5 it is missing

and the hubstatus shows

I did a remove of v2 and new install of v3 on the C5

On the C7 I manually installed DLH and switched it from 2 to 3 and then removed 2.
other than that I don't know what is wrong. I will try to do a repair on the HPM.

I've noted that the memory gets low about once a week. Is there a downside to rebooting in the middle of the night when it won't be noticed?

@jsarcone Do you have Update Polling active on the C5? (Could also hit Update Check and see if it populates the attributes).

No downside, but if it’s a large drop you may want to see if you can track down the reason. Also note that recent improvements let the hub stay viable down to about 120000-150000

1 Like

I did.. I attempt to do repair. This didn't change. I have removed this and attempted to reinstall v3. HPM didn't work the first time. Did a repair again then the drive did appear in the code list. Attempted to install this.

I look at the list of devices and now
I see the device despite the error.

I went back to v2 not errors doing so but

I'm not sure what is going or how to fix it.

If you type in: http://hubIpAddress/hub/cloud/checkForUpdate what do you get in return?

{"status":"NO_UPDATE_AVAILABLE"}

Should clear itself up then on the next poll. The Not Available message occurs when the request times out.