[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

Working now, thanks!

2 Likes

Dead set legend, thank you. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Sorry if this is answered already or I'm too stupid to figure this our on my own, but what does everyone use to grab this data from a remote hub? I have a couple of remote hubs and currently use HubConnect to share and control devices in my main hub dashboards. I'd like to bring this data over, so a quick look on my phone or at work, I can see data from all my hubs in one place. Currently using HubMesh for the local hubs...

You could use the free cloud InfluxDB and Grfana setups, then my pre-made dashboard. You can view all the hub info on one dashboard using that setup. If you dont mind sending some data to a cloud service.

2 Likes

I not too worries about the cloud for this type of data... Especially for the remote hubs... I hardly ever have any issues with them, but it would be nice to be able to check their stats quickly without having to remote int...

Where do I start with your suggestion?

This is a very detailed write up for Influx and Grafana. It is pretty easy especially if using the cloud service. Using HE with with InfluxDB, Grafana, with InfluxDB Logger

Then here are some pre-made dashboards you can use once setup: Ready-to-Use Grafana Dashboards! - Beta Test / Feedback

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Over the last few platform beta updates, I started graphing dbSize, and I have noticed that the dbSize parameter seems to stop updating for varying periods while every other parameter tracks keeps updating. In the attached, you can see two examples. They are the straight horizontal lines over an extended period. I have looked at the stored data and the device, and this is a Hub info thing. There are gaps in the data stored, and the field in the device has not been updated, no matter what I do.

Have I hit some kind of limit at 180? I know before the new Database engine the excessive db size warning was set to 160. @thebearmay , might there be related limits on the range that Hub Info can report? Any other suggestions?

LJ

EDIT2: In looking at the events list on the device it shows that the driver has not been receiving updated dbsizes for over 24 hours, and the the states listing of the device never changes from 177.

I just create a dashboard in each remote hub and use legacy cloud dashboard links to access snd check status.

Was this for me? It doesn't seem related, but no one else has posted here in 3 weeks. :thinking:

LJ

No for superdupe asking how to handle remote hub monitoring.

1 Like

If the database doesn’t change its reported size you won’t see an dbSize attribute change event.

1 Like

So just to be clear, are you saying that the only way Hub Info would not record a change in dbSize is if the HE firmware stopped updating dbSize? How do I validate that this the case? If that is the case, do you know if anyone else has seen this freeze up in dbSize reporting or any other state? Should I report this to Victor and others in the beta groups?

LJ

It would not record a change if the value has not changed. When you push an event to the hub it filters out duplicated events with the same value by default unless you force it as a state change. So the event is still pushed but it is hidden from the event log.

Just check the endpoint manually: /hub/advanced/databaseSize
You can see if that is matching up with your chart.

Possibly the hub has lost track of the db size for some reason and just keep reporting the same value. A restart will probably clear it up if thats the case.

1 Like

Iirc the driver polls that information according to the frequency you configure, so it’s not going to reflect every change in db size in real time.

1 Like

Thanks, so the HE is reporting 177 consistently. Thus not an Hub Info problem. I will reboot, but I was holding out on that to see how high dbSize will go on 2.3.9 beta. Since I can't seem to find that anymore it is hardly worth continuing with that effort. I will run this by Victor and Copeland in the beta forums.

Thanks guys,

LJ

Yes, but it has been almost 48 Hours without change.

LJ

That may be accurate if it has reached a point where the additions and subtractions to the database are equal. Mine very rarely differ.

If the hub isn't reporting a change in DB size, then there likely isn't a change in DB size...

Looking at all my history, it seems unlikely that the hub would not show some variability, and never show any compression, even at the nightly db cleanup, and stay at exactly 177 for 48 hours.

LJ