[Release] HomeWizard Energy driver (P1 & Socket driver)

HomeWizard Energy drivers, for the P1 module, and the Power Socket.

This device is kind of new to the market, and mostly used in the Netherlands.

Info on the device itself (in Dutch): https://www.homewizard.nl/energie

the driver can be used to read all active values from the P1 device:
Screenie

The driver:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Fanman76/Hubitat/master/HomewizardP1/hwp1_driver.groovy

The Power Socket driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Fanman76/Hubitat/master/HomewizardP1/hwsocket_driver.groovy

• 06-11-2021 - added driver for the energy socket
  • 13-10-2021 - minor updates to driver
7 Likes

Hello, I have a homewizard P1 and I have installed the driver but it doesn't work.
What do I wrong?

The third time I tried it worked.
Thanks.

The first time you plug in the dongle, it is on an old firmware. After setting your wifi in the dongle, it should update within half an hour with the new firmware. The new firmware enables the api that I use in the code.

Hi,

I'm trying this out since Fluvius installed a digital meter a few days ago en today my dongle arrived.
It's kinda working...
It gets all the data of the dongle but it doesn't seems to refresh itself.
If I hit 'refresh' (in hubitat devices), it refresh a few times but then stops refreshing.

anything i could do (or not) to make it refresh itself?
to be clear :stuck_out_tongue: * wifi_strength : 98

Sorry, no refresh in the driver itself (yet).
At present, I use basic rules to refresh every 5 minutes.

Planning scheduling, but not yet active in the current version.

Thx for the respond @fanmanrules
I'm looking forward on that update... meanwhile i will try the basic rule hint you gave :stuck_out_tongue:
I did notice in my device history I saw * commStatus : **error**
maybe also worth mentioning.

Hmm, I do not have that error.

anyway, just updated the code to include scheduling option.
Give it a try. (you will need to re-save your device settings)

1 Like

Added a driver for the HomeWizard Energy socket: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Fanman76/Hubitat/master/HomewizardP1/hwsocket_driver.groovy

I have three of them, and all seem to be working just fine with this driver.

New version of the HomeWizard Power socket avalible: hwsocket_driver.groovy

Now supporting device info (product type, version, api version etc)

1 Like

Thank you for developing this! I will shortly receive my P1 monitor and will use this to integrate it with my Hubitat

1 Like

Sorry for the newby question, but this device is my first WiFi device I will be adding to my Hubitat.... but can you please give me the basic steps to add the P1 wizard, because for the life of me I cannot figure it out. :slight_smile:

Thanks from a fellow Dutchie! :slight_smile:

Go to your devices pane > New device.
Select "virtual".
Enter the name you want your device to have, and set the driver to the P1 driver.
Save device.
Now goto the divice, and it should have several input fields. You need to enter IP adress, etc.

REMEMBER to switch on the API in the app vor your P1 device, als you will not get data from it.

Thanks, for the info... I had actually figured it out late last night myself using a manual of a diff. WiFi based device. I love the flexibility of the Hubitat and the fact there is no cloud dependency, but documentation can be improved. Luckily the community kicks butt also.... Thanks for developing the driver. When I get around to it, I think it will also be a nice starting point for me to dev something for my WLed system. I am seeing a lot of (conceptual) overlap with your driver.

1 Like

Thanks for the driver! works perfectly
Anyone been able to use a rule on the power levels?
been strugling a bit

Just tested this, and it's working for me?

Hi, which rules-app do you use to create the rules?
I cannot find the 'Select Trigger Event' option to create in the rule/event.

I have been trying with Basic Rules and Rules machine..

Use Rule Machine.

Hi @fanmanrules ,

Thanks a lot for your driver!

Figured I might just pop in as I just created a pull request which adds use of the "power" attribute to the driver (conforming to the PowerMeter capability).

when you use the "power" attribute, you can select "PowerMeter" as triggering events (and use the device easily in dashboarding) as opposed to selecting a custom attribute.

E.g.

Thanks for your work!

You are right. Changed code to just use the "power" name as active power attribute.

1 Like