[RELEASE] HomeSeer HSM200 Multi-Sensor

@bcopeland, are you open to integrating @automatican’s improvements to the driver? Or @Automatican, are you willing to post yours?

These are awesome improvements!

@Automatican I noticed in all of your device screenshots that you had a Switch field / state... Do your on / off commands in the device actually work? Mine do not, and I don't receive a switch field as an option... apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious. I've been able to control the light and color from the other fields as explained in the thread, but trying to find the most basic automation to turn the light on and off.

I have several of these, and loved using them as motion nightlights and notification alerts (colored lights) with Smartthings. Thanks @bcopeland full pulling this over to Hubitat!

For me, the On & Off commands in the Device page work, and in fact all of them do except the Set Color command . The Set Color command doesn't work well because with the driver modifications I posted above, the device will snap to one of the 7 available colors, and to do that the driver expects the Saturation and Level to always be set at 100. Changing the color then is just a matter of adjusting the Hue. I believe the Set Color command changes all of those settings with each color chosen, hence resulting in strange behavior primarily manifested in the light being turned off.

So if you made the modifications to the driver that I posted above, first try setting the Saturation and Level both to 100, then click the On button to see if the light comes on to the color set by Hue.

The only exception is if you want that whitish color produced from turning all 3 LEDs on. To do that you leave the level set to 100, and change both the Hue and Saturation to zero. Then the On & Off buttons should work with the light being the whitish color when on.

I hope that helps.

Also, I don't know if this will be of any help, but below is the image of a rule I have in Rule 4, that does the following:

If there is some light outside or the overhead bedroom light is on, then if the outside temperature is more than 3 degrees warmer than this sensor turn the light red, if the outside temperature is more than 3 degrees colder than this sensor turn the light blue, otherwise turn off.

The commands in the rule work perfectly with the driver to set the light exactly as described.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor? It's a little weak for the application I am using it in.

Best,

This driver release nudged me to purchase an HSM200 and it has been solid since May—very impressive. I do have one concern with the device that I am hoping to get further guidance about. The device appears to signal motion when power is restored. Because of this, I currently exclude it from HSM. I am considering my options to work around this and use it for HSM. I do have a power lost/restored sensor (relay triggering a contact sensor) and have done some driver development, but I was hoping that this could be fixed with device configuration. Sadly, the only documentation I have found does not indicate that this behavior is configurable: Product Configuration Capabilities

Does anyone have any experience in this?

@bcopeland Can you speak to the meaning of ProtocolVersion? I have a number of HSM200's, and one behaves as expected, the others do not. The only difference I can find is that the working unit shows a protocol version of 6.1, the others are all previous versions. Any feedback?

That is the Z-Wave SDK version that the device has in it's firmware.

ok, thank you. Follow-on questions. Would I expect possible issues with controlling the LEDs with older versions of the SDK? And for a specific version of FW, wouldn't I expect the same SDK version? Since I'd think that a specific revision number should be consistent. (and these questions may be more for HomeSeer at this point...)

TBH .. The LED control on this device is horrible.. Flaky and no level control of colors only full on or off of each red/green/blue .. It's so terrible I didn't include the LED functions on the internal driver.

Also.. I should point out.. that it seems the device will randomly stop sending motion events and will require a power cycle to start sending them again.. It had so much potential, I hope they make an updated version someday..

1 Like

Ah...'good' to know. There is a reason I moved to Hubitat. Sound like I need to start shopping for a better sensor. I like the Aeon Multisensor 6, but wish there was an AC powered version.

I won't buy any motion sensor that isn't AC or 4+ year battery life (like the NYCE motion sensors).

1 Like

Yea.. I hope manufacturers will step up the game on mains powered sensors.. I installed a GE/Jasco Motion Switch thing in a location with the switch bypassed, just for mains powered motion..

Now the Aeotec MS6 does support USB power.. But I highly recommend you include it on battery and switch to USB power as this device will act as a repeater while on USB if included with USB power, and the repeater is not good.

Inovelli had a multi-sensor that supported usb power.. I don't see it anymore..

Zooz has a new multi-sensor that supports USB power.

Makes sense to me. I'm mainly interested in temp, since I have this set up in a cabin in Idaho, about 800 miles from where I live. But I liked having the LED, not required but seemed useful (for something). I don't see any temp sensors by NYCE.

All NYCE motion device report temp and humidity in addition to motion.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at them...

One more question. I've had an issue with some sensors reporting in deg C and others F. Now for some reason they are all reporting deg C. Not sure what I did or didn't do. How are units set?

This is done driver level and is based on your location settings.

http://<hub ip>/location/edit