[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

Yeah that is annoying... one thing to try is adding the HB plugin called "Homebridge Virtual Switch" and change your automation to use that. See if that works. Won't help on the HE side but at least tell you if the issue is with HBv2 plugin.

If you were using Node-RED which has a node for reading the state of HB devices (node-red-contrib-homebridge-automation) you could then use that (virtual HB switch + NR) as a workaround.

1 Like

I'm going to try and duplicate this on my end to see if I see the same results.

2 Likes

This is going to be my next test.

UPDATE: Same problem with the Homebridge Virtual Switch. Turns on but not off. So..... I have to assume there is either a problem between Home and HB or the Arrive Home automation has a bug in it. Doesnt explain why my Blink Camera switches turn on/off as they should for both Presence automation.

I think it is pretty safe to assume this problem has nothing to do with your plugin. :blush:

1 Like

You might want try switching the mDNS Advertiser in Homebridge. If that doesn't help you can try enabling Homebridge debug mode to see if it can help you track down the issue.

2 Likes

Try using the a 3rd Party HomeKit app like 'Controller' to create the automation and see if it makes a difference.

Homebridge logs commands with HE, but my HE C7 didn't actually execute (all of them).

Sorry for the long post. Question for this group:

1. I have a C7 with a Pi4 running v2.5.6 with a homekit scene that shuts down the house at night (turn everything off, close the garage door, lock the doors, etc. -about 45 devices total)

2. I have problems where intermittently some commands don't seem to ever make it to the device (sometimes it's a bulb or light switch, sometimes it's a lock, etc.)

3. If I notice (didn't hear the deadbolt motor last night), I can use homekit to re-send the command to that device, or run the scene again and it works

4. I've enabled more logging to troubleshoot, I can see where Homebridge:

• Called Process Command (lock)
    • Command Successful for Device | Command [lock{}]
    • Command [lock{}] | Process Time: (818ms)
  5. I noticed that the lock didn't work in a few minutes. Issue a command to homekit to lock the deadbolt and it responded correctly within a second.

6. My Lock Event Log only shows me executing/locking the door the second time. It's as if the house shutdown scene never anything at 10:24 with the device

Is this a homebridge thing, or a HE C7 issue? Openly I've had issues with my C7. I'm in the troubleshooting stage trying to figure this out as it's been plaguing me for months. Not always the same device. Is the Command Successful line in the long getting feedback from the endpoint device or just that the hub registered the command.

Logs attached and highlighted in green and yellow. 10:24PM is executing the scene. 10:38PM is sending the lock command again because the first time didn't execute.

The C7 log shows no difference between (other than execution times) between successfully locking the door and nothing happening with the door lock. The event log for the lock never saw the homebridge scene lock command.

Any input or help is appreciated. I'm at my witts end and this has me questioning my migration from ST. ST had it's own issues on the cloud side, but my Tonesto HB setup there was bulletproof (which makes me think it's my C7)

Thanks everyone,
Jonathan

I would bet it is the lack of any delay between commands sent. The mesh gets overwhelmed with traffic and commands get dropped. Try putting the devices in a group and using zigbee group messaging or setting a delay of around 70-100ms on the group page and see if it then works as expected.
I see this happen using Apple’s adaptive lighting with CT not changing on all lights unless I adjust the dim level so that the commands are re-sent. I see the commands from HE, just lost in the mesh.

3 Likes

Hi Ken,
Not opposed to trying anything you listed. Just not quite knowledgeable enough to go do. To clarify, you're saying create a group or groups on the hub side and have homebridge call the group instead of addressing each node individually via homebridge. That if the hub does this, it will stagger the commands.

I should also clarify on my side, 99% of my network and all the nodes on it are Z-wave in my house. Not sure if that makes a difference to what you're saying.

-Jonathan

This. Sorry, I’m out of town or I’d oost an example.
When you create the group of devices that you would like to turn off (in the “groups and scenes” app) you will see options at the bottom. If you have all z-wave plus devices, enable “on/off optimization”. This way the “off” commands are only sent to devices that are “on”, reducing a lot of traffic. Also in the group you can enable a delay between commands if needed. Try the group with just optimization enabled first as that may solve your problem.

Hi, no idea where else to ask so, here I go. I've been using this for a while, decided to try home assistant for a while, didn't like it and went back.

I've added all my items, but I can't seem to find a way to get my schlage lock over to the homebridge. Did something change? I could have sworn I had it as an option before.

Thanks!

Locks are added in the "Others" section.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.45.59 PM

2 Likes

There it is! Thanks!

@tonesto7 , I’m unable to get my FanLights to be just lights (which they are) since the update where you added the fan and light controller in one device.

They were suddenly both, which only have dimmer functions now, meaning I can’t tap it to shut it off. I’m using the group device for this, since it’s 4 Zigbee bulbs.
Also, is there any way to limit the commands sent to certain devices, or just rate limit CT commands? My Zigbee radio has crashed twice, and it seems likely that it’s being caused by adaptive lighting. With 27 lights enabled, app usage is 77% of hub processing time. This seems to be mostly in the morning and evening when the Zigbee radio is getting hammered with CT commands. It otherwise is an awesome feature. Especially the way it makes the light cooler when increasing the level. It solves the problem of having very warm lighting at night, but still being able to have useful light when necessary, because 2000K turned up to 100 is terrible.

This hasn't changed in a while. I personally don't use the parent device with the fan and light child.

I use the child light and fan devices individually so I can control the devices on/off with a single press

I don’t have a fan that is smart, just lights connected. Nothing is connected as a fan, yet the name Fanlight seems to have caused this.

Yea, there's logic in the code that causes it to behave differently if the name has "fan" in it. I'm not a huge fan of that. Any logic should be based on driver capability only, in my opinion.

1 Like

I'm assuming once the app is installed it should show up under the apps menu... but it is not there.
Installation was smooth. During the installation I was able to select the devices, export configuration and setup my hoobs server. Even though it is all working (I can control the devices from hoobs dashboard) I can't find the app in Hubitat so I can update device settings. Am I missing something?

I'm using a C7 2.2.7.126

That's odd, it should be there. Have you tried the search option (search for "homebridge v2")?

It doesn't show it either.
Assuming it is a bad install, how do I remove it if it is not visible?

You might try a soft reset to see if that fixes the issue. Might be some DB weirdness...

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset