[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

It looks like your thermostat integration does not honor the mode request from HE and does not report the actual state of the thermostat.

Are you using the mqtt integration or the direct one?

If you set the thermostat to HEAT in HA, does the thermostatMode and the thermostatOperatingState change in HE?

Can you try this patched version of the driver to see if it works for you?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/HE-HA-control/ymerj-patch-1/HA%20parent.groovy

That patched version works perfectly - many thanks. (I'm using direct, not MQTT)

Simon

1 Like

I'm not prepare to merge these changes until I have confirmation they work with other thermostats like Ecobee.

Ok

I noticed that my Ecobee's humidity isn't coming over to HE. I have selected the child entities for my Ecobee thermostats, example for my "upstairs" thermostat:

But it has been several days and there isn't a child Generic Component Humidity Sensor device for any of my thermostats and I know Humidity has changed.

With debug logging on, I see "current_humidity" coming over with the climate entity but know the Generic Component Thermostat doesn't have the RelativeHumidityMeasurement so expect a child humidity device to be created.

On a separate note, I did request that humidity be added to the component thermostat driver but Mike suggested a new combined driver be created.

The current_humidity attribute coming over with the climate entity is ignored by HADB but as you mentioned the Ecobee Homekit integration feature also a sensor entity for this value. If it changes, it should create the relative humidity device.

I would need to see the logs to figure out what is happening.

Since there is allready an entity provided for the humidity, I see little advantage in adding this to the thermostat component unless there are some thermostats which do not supply such an extra sensor entity.

Edit: It should be noted also that the thermostat tile does not support humidity.

I have the integration setup on my dev hub monitoring a single thermostat and have logging turned on indefinitely. Will PM you the logs in the morning where humidity changes.

I am trying to consolidate devices where possible. I have gotten used to the inbuilt integration that has a single thermostat device with many attributes. No worries I can always make the changes on my own implementation if others prefer things separate.

Just a heads up the external humidity sensor works well. Since I Have 8 sensors on my Ecobee I had to setup polling on the home assistant side, but I am getting updates for each room and the thermostat. Ecobee doesn't report battery so that is always 100%. I even know it works when the internet is down since we had a AT&T outage this weekend on Saturday for about 2 hours and I was still getting updates.

I have a mix of Ecobee thermostats 3 Lite, 4 with Alexa, and the new Premium plus 8 sensors. None of the room sensors report humidity only the thermostats themselves. I am not getting humidity changes sent to my HE hub as the component device hasn’t been created since selecting that entity in HADB late last week.

@ymerj I will PM you some logs shortly.

I should have said internal my bad typing. Try this under settings/automations in Home Assistant:

Is this just HAOS to HE or also HE to HAOS?

HADB allows devices on Home Assistant to be brought into Hubitat Elevation. The communications are bidirectional.

If you want to bring HE devices into HA, you can try this custom HA Integration.

1 Like

My hive (uk) smart thermostats no longer work with. the HE app, but still work with HA, so, I’ve imported the HA devices. I’m using the generic thermostat device handler, but am having a problem.

I need to access the heating set point value in my code (webcore) but this attribute does not seem to be available. It shows fine on the HA dashboard, but does not seem to be updated in HE. If you set the value in the HE device, it is correctly set in HA and actioned by hive.

I’m guessing this maybe a device handler issue? Is there any way to get round this as I want to run code when the thermostat temp has been changed?

Also, just noticed the following.
Although temperature is reported, it only seems to be updated when the thermostats mode changes

It should be the Generic Component Thermostat chosen by HADB when it created the child device.

If you manually change the device type, it won't work.

Sorry, it is setup as that. I tried other types with no success either.
I removed the entry and added it back again. If I change the mode between manual/schedule/off, the device appears, and the temp updates. However, if the room temp changes as the room heats/cools, this is not reflected. The only attributes shown are:-
temperature - non updating, unless mode changes
thermostat mode =off (although its set to schedule, so would expect it to say auto?)
thermostateoperatingmode =idle (assume this means not heating)

Schedule mode is not supported by Hubitat. It is ignored by HADB. I suspect your problem is the mode being set at "off" cause HADB to strip off the other values from the event.

Exactly.

You can try this patched version to see if it help:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/HE-HA-control/ymerj-patch-1/HA%20parent.groovy

If not, I would need to see the logs.

Edit: Sorry, it won't help. The thermostat set at auto from HA is ignored by HADB because it is not supported by HE causing it to halt processing anything else in the event.

I will see if a reasonable workaround could be implemented.

I'm starting to think HADB should let all modes through regardless of what is supported by the thermostat tile. HE staff indicated that they are all supported everywhere else in HE. Maybe it would be the user responsability not to choose an unsupported mode in the dashboard.

I would like to get input on that idea from current thermostat users.

That would be good for me if it enabled the hive thermostat to be passed through to HE. I noticed on the virtual thermostat driver, there’s an option to select the modes you want to use. I think it defaults to all, but could something like this be used to support all users requirements/.

Version 2.4:

• Add humidity support to climate entity
  • A thermostat custom component has been added to that effect, thanks to @ritchierich
  • ThermosatMode set to "Off" will keep reporting the other attributes
3 Likes