[RELEASE] Hikvision Camera Controller - v2.0 - Your Choice of Driver

3/10/24: Your Choice of Driver: Alarm Server, Controller or Both

• Also: Changed Motion and Alarm I/O Feature Attributes to State Variables
  • Reduced camera validation requirements (zero for Alarm Server).
  • Upgrade from 1.05 and 1.10 tested OK.
  • Recommend Saving Preferences on all existing devices.
  • Save required if switching to Alarm Server only

The User Guide has the details. Install using HPM.

All feedback and suggestions for improvement welcome! That's what got me here.

Contact for Support: trsystems.help at the G mail place.

3/7/24: v1.1.0: Buttons for Motion Events

The Alarm Server will now push buttons that can be used in rules as triggers when specific motion detection events occur during a period of activity.

3/1/24: v1.0.6: Bug fixes and new website design.

Modernist Theme for GitHub Pages by TR-Systems
That all came about from a question I asked back in December when I first started developing the driver,
Can a device driver have a help or info page?
It sure can and that post will show you the way!

Feb 1, 2024: Now Available!

A full featured device driver designed to fully integrate your Hikvision IP Cameras into your HE system for comprehensive home and small business monitoring and alerting purposes.

Core Features of the Hikvision Camera Controller

• Trigger Alarm Input Events using HE Sensors, Rules and HSM Intrusion Alerts
    (if properly equipped)
  • Proxy Motion Sensor in HE for Cameras with the Alarm Server Feature
  • Enable/Disable (Arm/Disarm) Motion Detection Features
    All at once or with selective filtering.
  • Support for 8 Motion Detection Features available on Hikvision Value Series Cameras
    Includes Basic Motion, PIR Sensors, Intrusion, Line Crossing, Region Enter/Exit, Object
    Removal and Unattended Baggage.
  • Coordinate Arming/Disarming Cameras with changes in Mode or HSM
  • Alarm Server Logging and Event Reporting
  • Enable/Disable Alarm Input Handling
  • Control and Monitor Cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR Subnet
  • Easy to use Commands and Integration with RM & HSM

Contact for Support

Email trsystems.help at the little G mail place.

6 Likes

Im just now testing it out. First off, thanks for this!
Would be nice if you have a drop down at the top of the user inputs with these 3 inputs:
Driver Use:

1. Alarm Server
  2. Controller
  3. Both

I only need the 'Alarm Server' so some of those mandatory field aren't necessary but forces me to put in an entry. Like hide the inputs I don't need if I selected "Alarm Server"

And a multi selection drop down for the "Features to Exclude".

After some testing, Motion is staying active forever, its not following the Reset to inactive timer. In this case im using intrusion detection.

Thanks! I see that you haven't made it past camera validation in saving preferences yet (zDriver=failed), so the alarm server may not function properly. Also, please check the log and see why it failed and send that to trsystems.help at g mail.

I'm going fix it by implementing your suggestion to provide a selection for Controller, Alarm Server or both. The Alarm Server will have fewer config requirements on the camera, if any.

Will be back shortly.

Just released v2.0 with your choice of driver. Great suggestion!

I've managed to install the driver and configure the alarm server, but cannot make the Controller to work. No matter what i do, i keep getting a falied status on the driver. The log will show only that the connection was reset... any idea what i could be doing wrong?

Please turn on debug logging for the controller and email a screen shot of the log to trsystems.help at g mail after you save preferences. I suspect a problem with operator account permissions, or possibly an unsupported camera. Please include model number if not shown in the log after you save. Thank you.