Feature Request for HSM: Include configuration settings to run Actuator commands when arming/disarming

I just released my Hikvision Camera Controller driver yesterday (not in HPM yet). This driver implements the Actuator capability with all custom commands and attributes. The driver allows users to arm/disarm their cameras by calling the drivers commands from rules in HE to enable/disable the motion detection features on the camera, which further allows them to arm/disarm based on mode.

It would be nice if they could arm/disarm using HSM too, by including another configuration option to select Actuator devices with a drop down for the Commands that Actuator offers.

So until that becomes available, what I'm going to do is implement the Switch capability into my driver, which would allow them to Enable (on) or Disable (off) all of the cameras motion detection features when arming/disarming. That should work for now.
TomS

This is quite a bit of feature creep for HSM. The other way to do this would be to use a rule that can use a Custom Command to control any device, with the trigger being the appropriate HSM change of state.

1 Like

Yes, no doubt my request would take some doing and probably isn't worth it. I have good workarounds. Thanks for the tip on another method.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.