[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Has anyone got Reolink devices to work with the live stream of the app?

i've got two E1 Pros running. What model do you have and what is the problem?

Reolink door camera and I just keep getting a Reconnecting in 5 seconds.

Sounds like it's sorta workish so you probably have the format for the stream right. I don't have one of those so...... But. Mine will do that if I don't set the frame rate down to about 4fps. If that helps and you don't like the slow frame rate you can experiment with raising it back up. This is assuming that your camera has that option. Let us know that results.

Have you tried downloading the RTSP Demo app to see whether it plays in that? Joe posted a link to it way up the page (January I think). The RTSP video in HD+ is based on that code.

version 1.0.1991 (beta)

• Lots of Android Auto changes ((discussed more in the AA thread)
  • Improved Life360 support

Life360+

If you use Life360, I made several changes to the embedded map. I also refactored the Hubitat "Life360 with States" app (called Life360+) to improve what can be done in this app. Life360+ isn't available yet in HPM but either one should still work.

I've got more changes in store for this one but wanted to get what I released in the meantime

2 Likes

I have a Reolink outdoor camera (RLC-410W) and live streaming works. I do use the lower quality version (_sub URL below). I'll try the higher quality version later to see if that works too.. I think it did though.

rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.70:554/h264Preview_01_main
rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.70:554/h264Preview_01_sub

image capture:
http://192.168.0.70/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=user&password=password&width=640&height=480

For my wall mounted tablet I just use the image tile (not video) and have it auto-refresh every 15 seconds though.

EDIT: one thing to try is both the "RTSP" and "ExoPlayer" drivers

1 Like

Hi @jpage4500, Cool app! I just started playing with it and one thing I cannot find, and it may not even exist, is a way to change the text color for different states, is there? i.e. for some tiles I use a green background to indicate an OK state and the white text gets a little washed out and I would make that black. No biggie if that customization doesn't exist I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss that setting somewhere. Thanks again for a great app.

Hi, you can change the text color for some device types - such as the ones that show text as the primary value. But, nothing for the device name or status text. Is that what you're wondering about?

Yea, the Name and Status text color; in your screenshot it would be the 'May 09' and 'Tuesday'. Out of the 4300+ posts I did finally see a post from Sep21 that indicated that this text is not customizable. And it sounds like that is still true. Like I mentioned, not a biggie, just making sure I didn't miss it. Thanks again.

I have the Reolink doorbell too and I get a good video feed in the video tile on my phone using rtsp://user:password1@10.0.1.34:554. I have also set the doorbell up for ONVIF and use this to get visitor events (instead of using the chime) https://community.hubitat.com/t/reolink-doorbell-receiving-visitor-events-in-hubitat/118573. BUT I have tried on 2 tablets, one running Android 5 which just shows "Decoder Init Failed", and the other running Android 9 which just shows "Reconnecting". I don't know why.
On a slightly different subject... can the video tile support 2-way audio (and does rtsp support it). I know that the ONVIF feed from the doorbell supports 2-way audio. I'm trying to find a way of talking to the person who pressed the doorbell from inside HD+.

Here's the RTSP app if you want to try it.. if it works then there's an issue with how I'm implementing it in HD+

I'm using this github library for the RTSP driver in the app. I do see there's been some changes in the last few months so I'll try to pull in anything that changed and maybe there's some improvements.

can the video tile support 2-way audio (and does rtsp support it).

I don't know but haven't seen anything which does 2-way audio to this point.. but, I'd be happy to look if there's something that I can find.

The best I can think of with something like this is to have a button in the tile (or just clicking on the tile itself) open the Reolink app -- possibly right to the 'live' screen

1 Like

I see that the library you are using says "Android min API 24" which I think means that it needs Android 7 or newer. That would explain one of my tablets not working.
I'll try your RTSP app on the Android 9 tablet and see how it goes.

A shortcut button to launch the Reolink app works well, but there's no nice (wife-friendly) way of getting back to your app. I read something about apps being launched inside a browser - not sure if it would help, and it seems awfully complicated.

agreed about no easy way to get back once you open another app; if I ever make HD+ a home screen 'launcher' option that could make it easier to automatically navigate back into the app after some timeout period.. similar to how Tasker likely works

The Rtsp demo allows me to hear sound from the doorbell, but no video. The 1st error in the log is [OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC] setPortMode on output to DynamicANBuffer failed w/ err -1010.

I've no idea what this means.

I use Fully for this. If you set Joes app as the start page, you can set an idle timer that brings the app back after x seconds of inactivity. I use that method for several apps launched from HD + (Hik-Connect, Sonos, Honeywell EvoHome)

2 Likes

Hi @jpage4500, still playing with this and it seems like the presence sense is very reliable and consistent. Since, I'm assuming, that you get the lat and lon from the phone to derive presence I was wondering if it was possible to periodically send the current lat and lon thru to a hub device(s)? Pretty much what Owntracks does but your app seems to be more reliable. If not, then again, no biggie, just asking. Thanks!

Have you looked at Happytimesoft.com? I downloaded their Windows ONVIF client for Windows and it appears to support 2-way audio with the Reolink doorbell. It also appears to support Visitor events (triggered when the doorbell button is pressed) - but I need to do more testing.....
They have a client library available for download and an Android app, but their buy vs free policy seems a bit obscure to me.

I hadn't heard of it.. but apparently they charge $900 for the source code :slight_smile:

Yes, this can definitely be done. I thought about it but decided against it because all the other location apps (Life360 and OwnTracks) support iOS and HD+ is Android only. The rest of my family uses iPhones so I'd need something to run on their devices anyway.

That said, I have on my TODO the ability to support multiple geofences and connect each one to a Hubitat Presence device.

The biggest difference with geofence support is I don't have to send every location (lat/lng) change to the Hub. I just have to figure out if the device is inside or outside of the geofence and only notify the Hub when it changes. So, less work which == less CPU/battery on the phone

2 Likes