[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

This is a great dashboard! Thank you so much for developing it. I finally was able to get rid of my Samsung SmartThings with the Android auto addition. And the geolocation really is very consistent and works accurately. This is as really been a great important tool for habitat. Great work, excellent job, and thank you.

This is the first I'm reading about coolwalk. Is it just a matter of updating the phone or do you have to update something in the car too? From what I can see I have to get into the beta version of the AA app.

Anyway, if there's something I can or need to do to support it - I will try!

1 Like

From what i understand the apps need to be updated to support the new interface. I do not know what exactly is required. Coolwalk has mostly rolled out to the public. Im not in the beta and it shows up in my car.

version 1.0.1984 (beta)

• fix some android auto bugs
  • more visual feedback when clicking on a button
  • android auto: use correct HSM icon

Mostly minor changes for Android Auto -- some crashes that I've seen reported. I still haven't tested this in an actual car yet so feel free to pass along any thoughts/ideas. I'll look more into crosswalk if there's something I can do there.

The other change is showing a little asterisk when any commands are sent after touching a button (push/hold/double-tap).. it should go away after a few seconds. Hopefully that'll help a bit.

Quick question... is it worth starting a new Hubitat thread just for HD+ Android Auto support? I keep forgetting how large this thread is and while it's great for me (1 place to look) I imagine it's pretty crappy finding stuff for anyone else.

Seems like Android Auto support is something that only a handful of users are interested in so maybe it's worth it's own place...

Unless I hear otherwise why this isn't a good idea I'll just create a new thread and link it here

6 Likes

Here's a dedicated Android Auto thread for HD+ -- no worries if you post here too but I might try to reply in the other thread just to have 1 place to reference things.

2 Likes

Has anyone got Reolink devices to work with the live stream of the app?

i've got two E1 Pros running. What model do you have and what is the problem?

Reolink door camera and I just keep getting a Reconnecting in 5 seconds.

Sounds like it's sorta workish so you probably have the format for the stream right. I don't have one of those so...... But. Mine will do that if I don't set the frame rate down to about 4fps. If that helps and you don't like the slow frame rate you can experiment with raising it back up. This is assuming that your camera has that option. Let us know that results.

Have you tried downloading the RTSP Demo app to see whether it plays in that? Joe posted a link to it way up the page (January I think). The RTSP video in HD+ is based on that code.

version 1.0.1991 (beta)

• Lots of Android Auto changes ((discussed more in the AA thread)
  • Improved Life360 support

Life360+

If you use Life360, I made several changes to the embedded map. I also refactored the Hubitat "Life360 with States" app (called Life360+) to improve what can be done in this app. Life360+ isn't available yet in HPM but either one should still work.

I've got more changes in store for this one but wanted to get what I released in the meantime

2 Likes

I have a Reolink outdoor camera (RLC-410W) and live streaming works. I do use the lower quality version (_sub URL below). I'll try the higher quality version later to see if that works too.. I think it did though.

rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.70:554/h264Preview_01_main
rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.70:554/h264Preview_01_sub

image capture:
http://192.168.0.70/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=user&password=password&width=640&height=480

For my wall mounted tablet I just use the image tile (not video) and have it auto-refresh every 15 seconds though.

EDIT: one thing to try is both the "RTSP" and "ExoPlayer" drivers

1 Like

Hi @jpage4500, Cool app! I just started playing with it and one thing I cannot find, and it may not even exist, is a way to change the text color for different states, is there? i.e. for some tiles I use a green background to indicate an OK state and the white text gets a little washed out and I would make that black. No biggie if that customization doesn't exist I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss that setting somewhere. Thanks again for a great app.

Hi, you can change the text color for some device types - such as the ones that show text as the primary value. But, nothing for the device name or status text. Is that what you're wondering about?

Yea, the Name and Status text color; in your screenshot it would be the 'May 09' and 'Tuesday'. Out of the 4300+ posts I did finally see a post from Sep21 that indicated that this text is not customizable. And it sounds like that is still true. Like I mentioned, not a biggie, just making sure I didn't miss it. Thanks again.

I have the Reolink doorbell too and I get a good video feed in the video tile on my phone using rtsp://user:password1@10.0.1.34:554. I have also set the doorbell up for ONVIF and use this to get visitor events (instead of using the chime) https://community.hubitat.com/t/reolink-doorbell-receiving-visitor-events-in-hubitat/118573. BUT I have tried on 2 tablets, one running Android 5 which just shows "Decoder Init Failed", and the other running Android 9 which just shows "Reconnecting". I don't know why.
On a slightly different subject... can the video tile support 2-way audio (and does rtsp support it). I know that the ONVIF feed from the doorbell supports 2-way audio. I'm trying to find a way of talking to the person who pressed the doorbell from inside HD+.

Here's the RTSP app if you want to try it.. if it works then there's an issue with how I'm implementing it in HD+

I'm using this github library for the RTSP driver in the app. I do see there's been some changes in the last few months so I'll try to pull in anything that changed and maybe there's some improvements.

can the video tile support 2-way audio (and does rtsp support it).

I don't know but haven't seen anything which does 2-way audio to this point.. but, I'd be happy to look if there's something that I can find.

The best I can think of with something like this is to have a button in the tile (or just clicking on the tile itself) open the Reolink app -- possibly right to the 'live' screen

1 Like

I see that the library you are using says "Android min API 24" which I think means that it needs Android 7 or newer. That would explain one of my tablets not working.
I'll try your RTSP app on the Android 9 tablet and see how it goes.

A shortcut button to launch the Reolink app works well, but there's no nice (wife-friendly) way of getting back to your app. I read something about apps being launched inside a browser - not sure if it would help, and it seems awfully complicated.

agreed about no easy way to get back once you open another app; if I ever make HD+ a home screen 'launcher' option that could make it easier to automatically navigate back into the app after some timeout period.. similar to how Tasker likely works