[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Yuck.. my C-5 hub stopped working yesterday and won't boot anymore. The last thing I want to do is buy a new one and re-pair all of my devices but that might be the only option if I can't fix it.. I won't be able to make updates to the app for a bit but I'll post again when I can get back up and running again.

2 Likes

Hope you get back in business soon with an easy recovery and your devices intact!

Sorry to hear about your issue. :frowning: Hope you get it back up and running quickly and easily my friend!

Backup/Restore is not working for me. I recently did a backup of my configuration to my phone and reset the app, but when I choose to restore from the txt file, it just acts as if nothing happened. Any ideas?

Sorry, I'll look into it. It might be something I can work on while I'm waiting for a new hub to arrive

It sounds like you already purchased but here's this anyway

Backup and restore from external device doesn't work for me. However backing up to hub and restore from hub works. Have you tried doing it that way?

I see the bug and fixed it -- the only issue is I have some other outstanding changes which I can't get in without more testing.. so, it might be a few days.

Like @SigFan86 mentioned above, restore from the Hub does work today. If you're able to get the config file on your hub (use the built-in file manager) - you can import it from there (Note - make sure you name the file with "dashboard-" prefix)

Thanks guys. I was able to take my wife's phone and backup to hub and then use that file on my phone to get everything back.

1 Like

Any way to add a new icon from a local png file? Tried sharing out a Google doc URL with the URL method but it does not work. Looking to add this elliptical icon:
Elliptical icon White

Just realized you won't be able to see the icon unless you use a dark browser background so:
Elliptical icon black

I have added my own icons by storing them on the Hubitat file system. Work really well and the app will cache the icon so you do not need to have access to the URL every time you open the app.

Can you point me to documentation or explain how this is done? Can't seem to find the location of an icon file. Is it in the Hubitat app or the Hubitat Dashboard app?

• go to http://192.168.0.210/hub/fileManager (replace IP with your HE's)
  • upload images here
  • copy the URL of the image.. it'll look something like "http://192.168.0.210/local/image.png"
  • to change icon of a device, long-click on it -> edit -> change icons -> select device on or off state to update and finally enter the URL (there's a button to manually enter a URL)

I plan to add a way to browse images saved on the hub in the future to remove the step of copying and pasting the URL

4 Likes

Thanks. Great tutorial and now I'm addicted and want to add more custom icons.

nice, a tickling a spider icon :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Cannot change icon on a "button" type. Just puts a large "1" as the icon. Device type is Virtual Alexa Button.

Does kind of look like a spider :smiley: so I made this one for anyone who wants it.

1 Like

sorry, sorry, sorry... if you feel attacked by it... wasn't the goal... Just a laugh.

Not offended at all. I got a good laugh out of it. Now I can't not see the spider :wink: I just wanted to see how far I could take my icon making skills and thought I should share them.

2 Likes