[RELEASE] GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Switch Combo Driver

GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Switch Combo Driver
This is a driver for the GE Motion Switch device (26931). It differs from the in-box driver in that it exposes all of the device parameters, and can optionally create child devices for the switch and motion sensor.

It has been tested with a GE 26931 motion switch.

Features:

• All device parameters exposed
    • Configuration of button inversion variable.
    • Configuration of motion and light parameters.
    • Light Off Time, Motion sensor on/off, Motion sensitivity, Light Sensing for light ON/OFF, Motion Reset time
  • Commands added for direct access to the following features:
    • Manual / Vacancy / Occupancy motion lighting modes. Can be used in rules (via custom commands in RM, for example) to put motion lighting in Manual mode at night for bedroom switches.
  • Has the option to create child devices for the Switch and Motion sensor
    • Uses the in-box Switch and Motion Sensor component drivers for the child devices - no need to install additional drivers for those.

NOTE: One thing to point out for users of my previous drivers versions, I removed the "(default)" text from options and settings. So you may need to edit any rules/automations that used a command or event that previously had the "(default)" text in it!!!

To-Do:

• none

Installation:

1. Install Driver code in Hubitat
  2. Apply to a GE Motion Switch device. Click save.
  3. Edit preferences, save preferences.
  4. Click Configure command button

Driver can be found on my GitHub or Hubitat Package Manager

• 1.0.0 (06/12/2021) - First version
5 Likes

My plan is to make this my single motion switch driver moving forward. Moving to a single combined driver will be easier for me to maintain long term.

That said - If you are using one of my other motion switch drivers, you can continue using them - you don't have to change. Functionally there is no difference (at this time) between this combo driver and the other two drivers.

2 Likes

Thank you for this driver. Would you consider doing something similar for the Motion Dimmer variant (26933)?

Also, could you kindly explain the Motion Reset Time parameter? Does this govern the amount of time after the switch turns off before the motion sensor acknowledges subsequent motion or does it govern active motion logging during occupancy mode to keep the light on? What I've found with these switches is that they don't do a good job of staying on while motion is occurring. They adhere strongly to whatever the Light Timeout setting is.

Finally, are you aware of how to adjust the light sensitivity of the sensor? I find that these switches require a very dark environment to trigger when Light Sensing is enabled.

Thank you.

There already is one (or two).

The amount of time that has to pass before you get a new motion event. Has nothing to do with the on/off status of the device.

You can't, it is not adjustable.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

JasonJoel,

I wanted to confirm a fact about your driver. I want to use the GE zwave plus motion switch in manual mode so that the switch itself does not turn the lights on or off based on motion. I just want a motion detector in the house that does not run on batteries. It appears that your combo driver will allow the switch to be placed in manual mode but still get the motion information. Essentially, I want to decouple the motion function from the light switch. It appears your driver will do this--is that correct?

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes. That’s how I have it on ours.

2 Likes

This is working great for me, thanks!

1 Like

Can this driver/switch have the ability to send a command to turn off a group of wifi bulbs when the switch is physically pressed and not physically kill the power to the bulbs? Like if a guest decides to press the switch not knowing that it will auto-turn off with automation. I don't want them to accidentally kill the power to the bulbs.

No, the hardware does not support that. Physically pressing the switch always will turn on and off the load on this device.

Good to know. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.