[RELEASE] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver

That is the way zwave association works - and one of the main reasons why Hubitat does not support Associations out of the box (causes customer confusion, which casues support tickets and/or frustration).

Most devices don't send a report/update when they change state via association. Some do, but most don't.

You would likely need to have a separate refresh rule somewhere to force update the status.

1 Like

new hubitat owner. switched from wink. Had only converted 1/3 of my light switches to GE and starting the effort to complete. hubitat conversion has motivated me.

First a pre-emptive "Thank you" for putting this driver together. I was mentally struggling with what to do in the bathrooms. I like the idea of dimmer in bathroom for the morning so not blasted by 100% LED lights but then the GE dimmer functionality prob would've left the lights at 100% from the night before.

I also didnt know about the combined switch/sensor option. that alone may solve my problem. Sensor flicks lights to 25% for that latenight bathroom visit. If you hit the switch then its 100%

the double tap is also a big option. I will test your driver later today to see if it works on my switches. I can see I bought my Wink in 2017 and the switch purchases wouldve been same time. you say the crossover was 2016... so some chance I have the older models if they were sitting on the shelves (I think i got a retail store, so entirely possible)

anyway, not really a question. Just a thanks. ha and if anyone has a suggestion on my bathroom challenge.. let me know. ha.

If interested I'll report back my experience with the drive and my existing switches

EDIT: also just realized there are battery operated motion detectors, which I could have in the bathroom on a shelf. still formulating my gameplan

EDIT2: I just looked at the switches I have still in boxes from 4 years ago. They all say "Zwave Plus"! so I hope that means I am good-to-go on double tap. And I hope all my installed ones are the same.

sorry to ramble

No worries.

Just FYI that the newest model dimmers - the newest ones with no tabs and shallower - also support setting the ON% via zwave too. Very handy for mode based lighting. Example - set default ON% to 20% at night.

The combined motion+dimmer devices always supported that, but only the newest GE dimmer devices do.

I use a mixture of several different motion sensors that serve specific functions. I use Nyce ceiling motion sensor near the bath to watch for motion when in the shower and humidity. Samsung SmartThings 2018 motion sensors GP-U999SJVLBAA to cover larger areas for motion and temp, and Jaso motion sensor light switches/dimmers for bathroom entryway detection. Then shove 'em all in motion zones and configure mode based lighting. It's been working well for me. You could pre-load the lighting levels with another rule if you want but haven't found the need to really.

Hi @JasonJoel! I'm using the GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer driver for my Honeywell 39351 switches. In my daughter's room, nothing registers in the logs when I switch the light on or off. In my son's room, I get the warnings below (and nothing else). Any thoughts/ideas? TIA!

dev:1392021-02-13 11:44:25.616 am warnGreyson’s Room Lights received unhandled command: SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:57, commandLength:3, commandClassIdentifier:38, commandIdentifier:3, commandByte:[0])

dev:1392021-02-13 11:44:17.926 am warnGreyson’s Room Lights received unhandled command: SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:56, commandLength:3, commandClassIdentifier:38, commandIdentifier:3, commandByte:[99])

You are using the wrong driver for that device.

Use the enbrighten one.

Thank you thank you!

I have a GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus toggle switch (46202/ZW4009). It works fine with the built in GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switch driver. In order to use association, I switch to GE Z-Wave Plus Switch driver. But I am getting the following warning:

Security light media room received unhandled command: SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, sessionID:62, commandLength: 3, commandClassIdentifier: 37, commandIdentifier:3, commandByte:[255]

Is 46202 a supported device?

I switch to GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch and everything works fine.

BTW, does association only work with physical paddle? When I turn on a switch by app, the associated switches are not on.

The old model driver does not support security/securely paired devices, as those devices don't support security (so I never bothered adding support for security in the driver). The "Enbrighten" driver does support securely paired devices, though, as you've already seen.

I thought associations were always physical only, but I'll admit I'm not an expert at associations - I don't use them. I prefer to use hub based automations.

@jasonjoel , can I ask you a quick question?

Do you know if there a parameter that can be set so the switch is off, (or on), by default after a power outage?

Thanks.

There isn't that I know of.

Thanks.

I have been using this driver for awhile, but it doesn't seem to be working for double press on my 14291 devices. I previously had tested this and recall it working, but haven't used it recently due to having newer models in most places that I use the double. Any ideas?

The switch (I think that’s the 14291) doesn’t support double from the remote. It simply will never work. Is that your issue?

So I got it working on the same day as your reply. (Sorry it took me so long to respond) I'm really not sure what my issue was. I did notice what you are referring to and I guess this could have been my original issue, but not sure. I have since swapped it with a newer switch in my home that didn't have a remote so that I can double tap the remote switch as well. All seems to be good at the moment. Thank you for the help.

1 Like
  • 2.5.0 (09/09/2022) - Added push and doubletap commands to ensure driver doesn't throw an error if the commands are triggered. Required from change in Hubitat 2.2.6 update.

Also updated in HPM.

2 Likes

This driver has been awesome, but now the push and double tap buttons don't seem to work in Hubitat version 2.3.2.141.

I won't be in front of a computer until this weekend. I'll look then.

Are you generating the event by pushing the button in the device detail display, or by generating an event on the physical device?

The driver never really supported using the push or double tap button on the device detail page itself, although I can add that like I have on a few others.

The driver always supported creating push and double tap events when done on the physical device though.

I turned off then back on "Enable debug logging", which now shows 2 buttons.

I thought before that the driver created an additional digital push button which could be used independently of physically touching the device. I use Hubitat with HomeAssistant, and I was looking for a way to push the button when the switch is on, which can allow for additional actions.

Perhaps I've looked at this too long, and I'm going in circles making this more complicated than necessary... let me know if this makes sense.

You can see my Hubitat showing those as sensors rather an actionable buttons.