[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver

Updated on my C5. (probably my first mistake) I was on your 1.3 version before this update. It was working fine until I just updated the driver.

So the device works from the device page itself. But the status (current states) on the device page remains at "off" even when I toggle the fan between on and off. I tried hitting Configure and that didn't help.

The dashboard also is acting weird, it sticks on "sending" for the status. The on/off function of the dashboard button seems to work even though the icon has issues. Presumably because the status doesn't update properly on the device page?

No errors in the logs. I am on 2.2.3 Hubitat firmware.

Weird. I'll take a look. I don't actually have any of the switch models (only dimmers), so I'm doing this driver 'blind'.

Turn on debug logging and let me know what it shows, if you get time.

EDIT: I uploaded a new version - 2.0.0b. Try it if you get time, turn on debug logging too, please, when you do.

I can get more logs upon request.

Summary

That all looks like it should be working...

What do you see in the device event logs?

Also found a little issue, so 2.0.0d posted. Hit configure if you update to that one.

Weirdly enough the events aren't recording anything since this morning. The switch was last used in the AM, and was not used until I updated the driver. After the update, zero events.

Strange.

Will update and see what happens.

Hmmm..... Very curious!!! I believe you, I just can't think of why it is happening yet.

Even your log screenshot show that the events should be being created (the "Small Bath Fan is on" and "off" messages).

This is the events. The last timestamp doesn't match the logs I just posted. That 4:26AM is probably accurate, that is my spouse's getting ready for work time.

Summary

Edit: updated and configure with no apparent changes.

Hmm.... I'm really at a loss here.

Try changing createEvent to sendEvent on line 142 (either should work, but sendEvent is the more correct one to use in that location):

createEvent([name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off", descriptionText: "$desc", type: "$newType", isStateChange: true])

becomes

sendEvent([name: "switch", value: cmd.value ? "on" : "off", descriptionText: "$desc", type: "$newType", isStateChange: true])

Also, if you get a chance... Try a double or triple tap from the switch and see if that shows up as an event (those are already sendEvent).

That seems to have worked for the status. All good now from what I can tell.

Will do. Back in 5 mins...

What a dumb mistake on my part.... It should have always been sendEvent. Thank you for your help in tracking that down!!!

Sorry, and I'll get the github copy updated in a second. Rev "e" I guess.

(EDIT: Updated)

1 Like

Next we'll see if you get 2x ON/OFF events for every 1 you should be getting.... It kind of looked like you might in your 1st set of logs. If you do, let me know and I'll fix that next.

Like Ollie the Drain Addict on Youtube says, "All Good".

Summary

One of those days, huh? :grin:

No big deal to me, glad we (by that I mean you) could get it fixed before you had 43 people with pitchforks out. :right_anger_bubble: :anger: :bangbang:

1 Like

I am going to say no, that seems OK. That might have been me repeatedly mashing the same button trying to get a response that wasn't going to happen.

Good deal. Based on your logs I think the manual refresh of status I do after an on/off is not needed (it is already reporting status).

If you want to try one more version I can get rid of the manual refresh and see if the events still work? Removing 1 extra report isn't a big deal on zwave traffic, but less traffic is better I guess?

(Edit: I removed the extra refresh in 2.0.0f. If someone reports no status updating I'll put it back in)

That F version seems to still work. Will report back if anything else seems wrong.

Excellent. Thanks!!!

@JasonJoel are you adding this to the hubitat package manager?

1 Like

Don't know. Haven't really thought about it / haven't looked into what it takes to do so.

I just picked up some of these dimmers at Costco:
https://www.costco.com/honeywell-z-wave-smart-dimmer-switch%2C-2-pack.product.100579303.html

They are supposed to be the same as the Enbright but I noticed the driver only gives me an option for 2 buttons instead of 6. In the log it shows the double and triple tap events.

Other than that, they work great!

Anything special I need to do to get the other 4 buttons to show up?