[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver

I'm a little bit confused by the new button assignments?

I created an RM button rule with:

• Button 1 held
  • Button 1 double tap
  • Button 2 held
  • Button 2 double tap

I left out Buttons 1 & 2 single tap because that's the default action.

It seems to be working the way I want. So I'm confused about what I would do with buttons 3 - 6?

Sorry if this is a really obvious question.

Button 3 & 4 are double tap.
Button 5 & 6 are triple tap.

So you could assign different functions for when you double tap, or triple tap, the buttons. If you don't have any other functions needed, or don't like double and triple tap, then don't use buttons 3-6.

Buttons 3 & 4 and the "doubleTapped" events do the exact same thing. I expose them both ways as if you are using TRIPLE taps, you have to use the button pushed event (as there is no tripleTapped event in Hubitat). In those cases it is weird to use button 5 & 6 pushed events for triple, but doubleTapped for double.

Exposing double tap as button 3 & 4 allows people to just use button pushes for both double and triple tap functions.

1 Like

Jason/All

This driver seems to work with the commercial Enbrighten switch also. The commercial duty switch comes in paddle or toggle with the part numbers 43074 and 43072.

Thanks for the cool driver!

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks!

@JasonJoel anyway you add the code needed to your driver to be able to associate it with an inovelli switch?

@JasonJoel I was actually able to invert the paddle direction by using your driver for the old switch. I temporarily assigned the old switch's driver, applied the inverted paddle setting, then changed it to the enbrighten driver and it stuck. So probably able to be added to the new driver as well.

Ah cool. Unfortunately on the new models Jasco/GE didn't document hardly any of the configuration parameters. I always assumed it could be done, but never tried it.

I'll add it to my to-do list.

1 Like

Thanks!

If possible, can you add the z-wave associations as well?

1.3.0 uploaded

I don't use associations, so it is largely untested. But as I pulled it from one of my other drivers, and I believe it is working there, it "should" work.

Format for associations is a comma separated list of HEX id #s.

1 Like

Is there a way to add an auto-off timer to your GE drivers? do the GE switches support that?

Could be done in software, but no the device does not natively support that.

Good fit for a simple automation or RM rule.

2 Likes

I just migrated over to the C-7 hub and included my Enbright switch using the S2 method. The built in driver works fine, but when I load the community driver from this page I'm unable to control the switch (on/off doesn't work). I don't see anything interested in the log.

Has anyone else tried this?

@JasonJoel will probably know better, but my understanding is most older drivers don't work well or don't work at all with S2 paired devices. At least not without some changes.

I don't think he has updated his drivers, so you would probably be best served to stick with the built-in drivers for now.

1 Like

The drivers DO NOT support S2 at this time. All user drivers for devices that support S2 will have to be modified to support S2 commands.

This driver should updated by the time Hubitat 2.2.3 comes out (2.2.3 features are needed, so it won't be supported until then), but there is more testing to be done.

1 Like

@JasonJoel - thank you for the update!

The good news is that the changes "look" simple. I say "look", as I haven't actually tried it yet on one of my drivers. :slight_smile:

If it is as easy as it looks, then it should be quick to update.

1 Like

Would this be a good driver for the GE Z-Wave plus plug-in outlet or in-wall outlet (Models #28169 & #14288)?

Nope.

NOTE, I will get a new version of the driver posted soon that will be for 2.2.3 and newer and supports S2.

• The current driver 1.3.0 does not support S2 paired devices.
  • The upcoming new driver 2.0.0 will only work on hub at release 2.2.3 or newer, but will support S2
1 Like
  • 2.0.0 (08/07/2020) - Added S2 capability for use with Hubitat 2.2.3 and newer ONLY
1 Like