[RELEASE] gCalendar Driver - Display working Google Calendars on HE Dashboards

thx I will take a look/shot at it... I looked for like 2 seconds and it's seems like your right and it should trigger stuff but not really show a calender.
I think both will be perfect... this and that :stuck_out_tongue:
one showing it... the other triggering.

Thx again

2 Likes

I've got this far...

just a small problem with the code I get.
When I use it it gives me a erro 500.
I tried with Notepad++ to change all the '&amp' to just '&' like a post said... but no luck

<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=%23ffffff&amp;ctz=Europe%2FBrussels&amp;src=Z2VydGphbi5kZXByZXpAZ21haWwuY29t&amp;src=aXVmdWZxNDIwMmZycGU4b282MmZpM251bnVsajhtNGNAaW1wb3J0LmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20&amp;src=M2YzNXFkOGs0ams0ZjJqcmFqcGYwZ2RjNXQwYjhvdWZAaW1wb3J0LmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20&amp;src=Y29uZnVzZWR3aW5nc0BnbWFpbC5jb20&amp;color=%23039BE5&amp;color=%234285F4&amp;color=%23E67C73&amp;color=%23E4C441&amp;title=alles&amp;showTitle=0&amp;showNav=1&amp;showDate=1&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=1&amp;showCalendars=1&amp;showTz=0&amp;mode=MONTH" style="border-width:0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Great job @jenntress, that worked for me too, am able to see an Agenda view now.

@vmsman and @gertjan.deprez - I had also tried to generate the embed code through the Google web site and had similar issues, hence my comment about 100 other attempts. I had also tried messing with the embed code and ampersands in Notepad++. The main difference (I think) is that in the iframe in @jenntress 's post, the src is just your gmail address, not the guid generated by the Google web site. I took @jenntress 's iframe, put in my own email address and time-zone, pasted this into the URL of the HE virtual device and can now see my Calendar coming up on the device edit page and a dashboard.

If you want to play with the settings a little, go through the exercise of setting one up in the Google web site, copy the embed iframe code and incorporate it into a URL in the same format as @jenntress 's, making sure ampersands, etc are converted or used where necessary. Hope that makes sense...

Simon

For anyone else who may be still seeing a 400 error, I have noticed that this worked for me in Chrome, but when I opened the Device Edit page in Microsoft Edge, I too saw a 400 error. Not sure what this means in terms of solving the issue, but just wanted to share what I found.

I believe I have significant information for those who have not been able to get this working.

As it turns out, I was using Chrome and Brave as my browsers. They both produced the 400 and 500 errors consistently. I used Firefox and I got the calendar to display without the 400 error:

I also was able to display it on a dashboard.

Unfortunately, the "Month" view ends up all squished vertically despite changing the sizing parameters in the URI. So, we are much closer now.

In summary, I believe that any "Google Chrome" derived browser is not working. This is a problem because my target use case was to use the CATT Server to display a monthly calendar dashboard on my Google Chromecast Ultra via voice command.

If we can figure out why this URI from Google Calendar has issues displaying in the Chrome browser, we will have a solution.

3 Likes

Tried 'updating', tried almost anything I could think off... ok fair enough I believe in thinking (much) :stuck_out_tongue:

I th... believe it would be best to let this one go... :musical_score:just let it go... I can't hold it any more...
the code 500 are not going anyway :musical_note:

I was struggling so used this just changing the email addy and it worked

1 Like

Can anyone do anything with this git so we can use ical link

1 Like

Lovely turn of phrase.... :grin:

Well I had it all working on my phone and computer, load the dash on my fire and it didn't work!

I'd been playing with magic mirror on a pie, and the ical works fine

Here is what I get.

All I can tell you is to follow the directions in the first post. I just setup a brand new one and it works fine.

Are you able to paste the entire block (<iframe...) into that URL field? When I do it doesn't save and nothing changes

Could that be the changes to html injection introduced recently in the HE platform?

You can use the <iframe...> or not. The driver will strip it out for you.

1 Like

Thanks @bptworld! And thanks for this driver.. I've discovered (actually, more like been told about) several of the other drivers you've written and I'm trying to support them out of the box in my dashboard app.'

Any idea why the hub returns a 500 error when trying to set the URL to a customized calendar? I verified the URL works and nothing looks too crazy to me.. I pasted it below - just replaced the src= with REMOVED but that's it.

FWIW - I tried replacing & with &amp; and no changes

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23ffffff&ctz=America%2FNew_York&showTitle=0&showNav=0&showDate=0&showPrint=0&showTabs=0&showCalendars=0&showTz=0&mode=AGENDA&src=REMOVED&color=%23711a76

I replaced your ' src=Removed' with the src= from my calendar (no other changes). Works fine. :man_shrugging:

Screenshot 2021-09-05 115042

I think I figured out why the 500 error.. nothing to do with the driver but instead a hardcoded 255 character limit for any "input text" field..

1 Like

looks like our replies crossed paths.. I do notice that my full URL is 285 characters.. I'm going to try to get it down below 255 and see if that fixes this

If that's the case, could try to use a bitly url?