[RELEASE] gCalendar Driver - Display working Google Calendars on HE Dashboards

Those are screenshots of the dashboard. I need a screenshot of the virtual Device.

Ok.
image|231x500

Thanks, everything looks good there. Two things I can think of...

1. Are there any errors in the log?
  2. I see you are not in the US, are there any specialty formatted characters in the URL? (maybe for language other than English)

Nope, no errors in the log as far as I can see and no special characters either. According to the log it should work and it’s updating every hour as it should. :thinking:

:man_shrugging:

You got me stumped! Hopefully someone else can jump in with another idea.

Yeah not much more to do I guess... :confused: I’ll continue to nibble with it and id I get it to work I’ll post my solution here.

1 Like

Hi @bptworld. Thank you so much for this. I missus has been waiting ages for this.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth and then systematically kick it repeatedly until said gift horse is responding. Is it possible to to show a simple version of the calendar i.e. Today's and tomorrow schedule?

Good news is I only have RSS tiles to complete on my wish list

Use the customize button in Google Calendar. Then copy over the new link.

@bptworld sorry to derail this thread, wanted to circle back on a question above.

@waterboysh and @neonturbo, I have published code to query your Google Calendar to toggle a virtual switch. You can read more here:

1 Like

Hi @northan,

Did you get this working? I am still trying to get the Agenda view to work but get errors when I try and paste it into the preferences...

Thanks,
Simon

Hello,
I too get an "Error 500" when I try to use the imbed code from creating a custom layout in Google. Has anyone found the source of the error, or a workaround?

I've tried everything I can think of and the custom layout just won't work.

I am getting an error 500 also. Any ideas?

I got the Agenda view to work by changing the customized embed code. I changed all the "& amp;" to just plain "&", otherwise I kept getting the 500 error.

For example, each ampersand is a setting that I want, so &mode=AGENDA displays the Agenda view. And &showTz=0 hides my time zone - since I know what time zone I'm in.

Below is a screenshot of my working dashboard with Agenda view, and the code that I used to make it work.

<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jenntributor%40gmail.com&mode=AGENDA&showTabs=0&showTitle=0&showPrint=0&showTz=0&ctz=America%2FDenver"
style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">
</iframe>
2 Likes

Great job!!

I'm sure I tried this and about 100 other combinations.... Will definitely be giving this a go.

I am getting only "400" errors. I am using my calendar "Embed" code and I have also tried my public URL... No luck.

2 Likes

Hi,

Tried this driver... spot on... even better with DashEd etc. good instruction.
Just a few questions/ideas:

1. is it possible to 'merge' 2 (or more) calendars?
    I have my calendar, my son, my girlfriend and girlfriends son... we share those calenars and on our phones it's shows as one but in here i had to add all calendars as a new 'device'
  2. is there a way to use the topcis of the calendar to trigger something.
    For example, If i'm at work in the late shift I would get a warning if anybody tries to access sex dungeon
    My girlfriend has 12 possible 'shift' (named L2, L1, O3, D6,...) no week is the same, i have a 3 week rotating job, my son is half-time with me etc... would be to complex if not impossible to automate it with some Rule

thx anyways for the already awsome job. :bowing_man: :clap:

This can be done within Google Calendar, then display the combined calendar.

Nope, there is no interaction between Google Calendar and HE. This is just a simple way to display a calendar on a dashboard.

Then i don't know how...
I can see all agendas with a link but there's no 'main' link.
is it possible that since i don't 'own' the calendar i can't merge them...?
I have rights to view but not to change my girlfriends calendar for example.

I have (in google calendar) My agenda. Girlfiends etc is listed in 'other agenda's'...

maybe it's because of google/apple friendship also... don't know.

To bad... would be cool.

You need this one.

1 Like